Admissions at Ahmedabad have been designed to recognise individuality and to understand the unique context of every student who applies.
We review your application in a holistic way, considering your academic scores, and taking time to understand your fit with the Ahmedabad University culture and the way of life.
We encourage diversity and seek to create a fair and equitable opportunity as you aspire to learn at University. We encourage students from different cultures, cities and socio-economic strata.
The University offers Merit-based and Need-based Scholarships.
We offer 22 Majors at Ahmedabad.
Our Majors span Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Management, Commerce and Engineering.
Each degree Programme provides students the opportunity to craft their own learning across disciplines and create their own academic pathway. Students on campus often explore more than one area that interests them.
Students have the opportunity to make an informed decision about their area of specialisation.
- Students can apply with the same form for more than one Programme or Major.
- Programme preferences can be from the same School or different Schools, subject to meeting School and Programme level eligibility requirements.
- A student can choose a Major at the time of applying, or indicate ‘yet to decide’ and confirm a Major in their second year at University.
- Only in the case of the BTech Programme it is necessary to confirm the Major at the time of applying.
- Transfers to a different Major are possible, for any student who meets the eligibility requirements and subject to the availability of seats in the Major of choice.
- A transfer may be to a Major offered at a different School, or within the same School. Please check the School level eligibility requirements for the Majors of your interest.
Students take courses or papers in diverse disciplines.
- Students complete their degree on achieving the required number of credits for a degree Programme.
- Credits earned in each paper count towards the credits required for the degree.
- Should you choose to, you can pursue a Minor in discipline other than your selected Major.
- Minors are not compulsory and usually students see if they want to do a Minor in their second year at University.
Admissions at Ahmedabad University are holistic and include a Personal Interaction with faculty. Students are required to write an authentic Personal Statement as a part of their application.
Students can apply with the same form for more than one Programme or Major. Programme Preferences can be from the same School or different Schools, subject to meeting School and Programme level eligibility requirements.
We accept applications online only.
To apply, you will be required to create an account on our Admissions Portal, and complete the online Application Form.
- Students applying for BA (Hons) | BBA (Hons) | BCom (Hons) | BCom Professional (Hons) | BS (Hons) | Integrated MBA | Integrated MS, can apply for one or more Programme or Major with same form.
Students can indicate up to three preferences of their intended area of study, subject to Programme eligibility criteria. Apply Now
- BTech Applications are open.
There is a separate application form for our BTech Programme.
Students applying for the BTech Programme need to submit one or more JEE (Main) 2021 Session Scores in their application. Apply Now
The Admission Portal is now open.
There are four Admissions cycles in a year. In 2021, keeping in mind the COVID-19 pandemic, admissions deadlines may be subject to change depending on the schedule of Class 12 examinations conducted under various Boards. Students are requested to regularly update themselves regarding changes in application deadlines.
Early Admissions for various Programmes, based on Class 10 and Class 11 results, are now under way. During Early Admissions, a limited number of students receive Early Offers, entitling them to secure Admission subject to submission of Class 12 results as specified.
|Application Cycle||Application Cycle Starts||Application Cycle Ends||Announcement of Decision|
|Early Admissions 1||Monday, November 23, 2020||Thursday, December 31, 2020||Friday, January 16, 2021|
|Early Admissions 2||Monday, January 4, 2021||Friday, April 2, 2021||
Friday, April 30, 2021
|Early Admissions 3||Monday, April 5, 2021||Friday, June 25, 2021||Friday, July 9, 2021|
|Regular Admissions||Monday, June 28, 2021||To be announced
Subject to announcement of Class 12 results
|To be announced
Subject to announcement of Class 12 results
|Applications for the Bachelor of Technology Programme are open.|
- Students applying to Undergraduate Programmes can submit applications with Class 10 and Class 11 scores and add Class 12 results as announced.
- BTech applicants can submit applications with Class 10 and Class 11 scores. They should add Class 12 results as announced in the same application form.
- They are to submit JEE (Main) 2021 Session Scores as available. Students can submit either one or all Session Scores as declared.
The last date for applications will be announced on the website. *Dates are subject to change, based on the announcement of Board results and schedules, JEE (Main) results and ACPC announcements.
The General Eligibility requirement for admission to Bachelors’ and Integrated Masters’ Programmes is the Class XII examination, or its equivalent.
Students appearing in Class 12 examinations conducted by various Boards as considered by Ahmedabad University are eligible to apply.
- All boards approved by the Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE). View list
- Secondary school leaving examinations recognised by the AIU including the Cambridge IGCSE, the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (Diploma Programme only), the 12 year General Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted in the Gulf countries. View list
- Eligibility criteria do not entitle a candidate to admission. They only indicate the minimum requirement to be considered for admission to Ahmedabad University.
- Candidates applying through the online application form at Ahmedabad University website must submit one or more JEE (Main) 2021 Session Score/s. Students are required to submit their All India Rank (AIR) as soon as announced in the same application form.
Programme Specific Guidelines
West: Jignesh Singh, +91.9998124881
Mansi Mehta, +91.9998106045
South: Mannu Das, +91.6351718180
North: Kapil Mittal, +91.9998104538
East: Pooja Kaur, +91.7227856165
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm IST.
GET IN TOUCH FOR QUERIES