Admissions at Ahmedabad have been designed to recognise individuality and to understand the unique context of every student who applies.
We review your application in a holistic way, considering your academic scores, and taking time to understand your fit with the Ahmedabad University culture and the way of life.
We encourage diversity and seek to create a fair and equitable opportunity as you aspire to learn at University. We encourage students from different cultures, cities and socio-economic strata.
The University offers Merit-based and Need-based Scholarships.
We offer 22 Majors at Ahmedabad.
Our Majors span Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Management, Commerce and Engineering.
Each degree Programme provides students the opportunity to craft their own learning across disciplines and create their own academic pathway. Students on campus often explore more than one area that interests them.
Students have the opportunity to make an informed decision about their area of specialisation.
- Students can apply with the same form for more than one Programme or Major.
- Programme preferences can be from the same School or different Schools, subject to meeting School and Programme level eligibility requirements.
- A student can choose a Major at the time of applying, or indicate ‘yet to decide’ and confirm a Major in their second year at University.
- Only in the case of the BTech Programme it is necessary to confirm the Major at the time of applying.
- Transfers to a different Major are possible, for any student who meets the eligibility requirements and subject to the availability of seats in the Major of choice.
- A transfer may be to a Major offered at a different School, or within the same School. Please check the School level eligibility requirements for the Majors of your interest.
Students take courses or papers in diverse disciplines.
- Students complete their degree on achieving the required number of credits for a degree Programme.
- Credits earned in each paper count towards the credits required for the degree.
- Should you choose to, you can pursue a Minor in discipline other than your selected Major.
- Minors are not compulsory and usually students see if they want to do a Minor in their second year at University.
Admissions at Ahmedabad University are holistic and include a Personal Interaction with faculty. Students are required to write an authentic Personal Statement as a part of their application.
Students can apply with the same form for more than one Programme or Major. Programme Preferences can be from the same School or different Schools, subject to meeting School and Programme level eligibility requirements.
We accept applications online only.
To apply, you will be required to create an account on our Admissions Portal, and complete the online Application Form.
Students applying for BA (Hons) | BBA (Hons) | BCom (Hons) | BCom Professional (Hons) | BS (Hons) | Integrated MBA | Integrated MS, can apply for one or more Programme or Major with same form.
Students can indicate up to three preferences of their intended area of study, subject to Programme eligibility criteria.
The Admission Portal is now open.
There are four Admissions cycles in a year. Early Admissions are held for various Programmes, based on Class 10 and Class 11 results. During Early Admissions, students can receive an Offer and secure a seat subject to submission of Class 12 results as specified in the offer.
|Application Cycle||Application Cycle Starts||Application Cycle Ends||Announcement of Decision|
|Early Admissions 1||Monday, November 23, 2020||Thursday, December 31, 2020||Friday, January 16, 2021|
|Early Admissions 2||Monday, January 4, 2021||Friday, February 19, 2021||Friday, March 5, 2021|
|Early Admissions 3||Monday, February 22, 2021||Friday, April 30, 2021||Friday, May 14, 2021|
|Regular Admissions||Monday, May 3, 2021||To be announced
Subject to announcement of Class 12 results
|To be announced
Subject to announcement of Class 12 results
- Students applying to Undergraduate Programmes can submit applications with Class 10 and Class 11 scores and add Class 12 results as announced.
- BTech applicants can submit applications with Class 10 and Class 11 scores and JEE (Main) First Attempt Scores. They are to submit JEE (Main) Second Attempt Scores and add Class 12 results as announced in the same application form.
- BTech application dates for Admissions 2021 to be announced.
The General Eligibility requirement for admission to Bachelors’ and Integrated Masters’ Programmes is the Class XII examination, or its equivalent.
Students appearing in Class 12 examinations conducted by various Boards as considered by Ahmedabad University are eligible to apply.
- All boards approved by the Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE). View list
- Secondary school leaving examinations recognised by the AIU including the Cambridge IGCSE, the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (Diploma Programme only), the 12 year General Secondary School Certificate Examination conducted in the Gulf countries. View list
- Eligibility criteria do not entitle a candidate to admission. They only indicate the minimum requirement to be considered for admission to Ahmedabad University.
Programme Specific Guidelines
West: Jignesh Singh, +91.9998124881 (Ahmedabad)
South: Mannu Das, +91.6351718180 (Hyderabad)
North: Kapil Mittal, +91.9998104538 (Delhi)
East: Pooja Kaur, +91.7227856165 (Kolkata)
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm IST.
GET IN TOUCH FOR QUERIES