Ahmedabad University is committed to protecting all the information you share with us, to ensure confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored.
- “You”, “your” and “yours” are references to you, the person accessing this website.
- “We”, “us”, “our”, are references to Ahmedabad University which owns and operates this website.
- “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, may also refer to both you and ourselves.
- “Website” shall mean the portal for the purposes of your information and facilitation.
- “Intellectual Property” means all trademark, copyright, creativity and similar rights.
- “Law” is regulations, requirements and guidelines of the government, court and authorities with which either party is legally required to comply with respect to these terms.
- Ahmedabad University gathers and stores information about you, when you visit our website or social media channels to download a brochure, fill in a form to express interest in a programme / course offered at the University, register for a programme, registration for a webinar or other virtual events, request to be contacted or click on our display banner ads / video ads as advertising campaigns running on various digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Ad Network and others or through offline channels such as outreach or admission events, education fairs, exhibitions etc.
- In addition we may also store your IP address and the browser you are using. We use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Hotjar, Semrush, cookies (Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are automatically downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies send data back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or shares data with another website that recognizes that Cookie). We also install pixels code strings and floodlight tags across the website to track browsing and conversions across multiple devices.
- You understand that we follow a standard procedure of using log files which log visitors when they visit this website as a part of hosting services’ analytics. You understand that the information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
- Ahmedabad University does not share, sell, or trade personal information collected through our website, social media channels and paid advertising campaigns on external platforms.
- Your personal data is used by us to communicate with you through emails, WhatsApp, phone calls or text messages to share information about a programme / course that you may be interested in, to inform you of an upcoming University event (virtual or offline mode) or for marketing purposes.
- For marketing / advertising purposes, we may share your data with our authorised vendor/ agency to help us create ‘lookalike audience’ profile for behavioural or targeting advertising social media / digital platforms. For this purpose, we may also retain cookies data.
- The information gathered by Ahmedabad University through online or offline channels, can only be accessed by University employees and by authorised third-party vendors / agencies who perform services on our behalf. We assure that all collected information will be kept confidential, protective and encrypted and that collection of such data are as per Information Technology Rules.
- We will share information if required, in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; to comply with legal process; to respond to requests from public and government trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions; or Investigating fraud which has already taken place.
- The following organisations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies
- Search engines
- News organisations
- You understand that online directory distributors may link to this website and we may approve other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources
- dot.com community sites
- associations or other groups representing charities
- accounting, law and consulting firms and educational institutions and trade associations
- You understand that no use of Ahmedabad University’s logo or other artwork will be allowed.
- The contents on this website including text, photographs, designs, artworks, etc. are owned by us and any intellectual property arising out of such text, photographs, designs, artworks, etc. belongs to us and nobody else. You are not allowed (in any manner whatsoever) to copy, modify, reproduce, transmit, distribute, or create derivative works of Content or information without permission from us as they are subject to our intellectual property/copyright.
- The trademarks, brand name, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website are owned and controlled by us and any intellectual property arising out of such trademarks, brand name, logos, and service marks belongs to us and nobody else.