Dept of Science and Technology, GoI and Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) have selected the joint research proposal between Ahmedabad University and different foreign partners ((1) NTU- Singapore (2) Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR), Singapore (3) UTAR, Malaysia (4) Monash University, Malaysia).
Details about the joint foreign research project are as under:
1. Project Title: Cognitive Radio Enabled Vehicular Cyber-Physical System for Urban Area
2. Funding Agency: DST-ASEAN (Association of South-East Asian Nations) collaborative R&D program
3. Foreign Partner:
4. Project Team:
5. Abstract: The current proposed standards for the vehicular to vehicular (V2V) are Distance Short Range Communication (DSRC) and IEEE 1960. These standards are widely adopted in Europe and the USA. It is likely to be a part of Indian Intelligent Transport System (ITS) policy too. In India, it is currently implemented in few cities for the electronic toll collection (ETC) but not for the ITS. The DSRC standard has six user channels and one control channel to provide communication between the vehicles. India has a different type of landscape and vehicular traffic (heavily populated with two and four wheelers) in urban areas. In the Indian context, the DSRC standard is insufficient to provide the wireless resources to establish communication between the vehicles and roadside infrastructure. Based on such issues, the project will be going to address the different issues using Cyber-Physical System, like feasibility of DSRC standards for V2V Communications in urban areas, low/high mobility constraints, Driver’s behaviour and road condition alerts etc.
6. Total funding requested: 51,23,790/- INR (An actual will be based on sanction order)
7. Project Tenure: Three Years (January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2020)