APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2019 INTAKE.
Online Application commences shortly and Offline Application form is attached below.
The Master’s Programme in Heritage Management is a new two-year degree programme, the first of its kind in India. It emphasizes a critical understanding of heritage, and a holistic management approach to the heritage sector. Areas of exploration within the curriculum include a diverse range of sectors spanning tangible and intangible heritage, cultural and natural heritage, historic and contemporary/living heritage, and so on, with emphasis on the management of these categories.
The programme practices mixed pedagogy and includes lectures, seminars, discussion and group works as well as field-learning, including immersion and practicum programmes and a culminating thesis.
Key Highlights of the Programme:
- Admissions are open to a multi-disciplinary cohort: students with an undergraduate degree in arts, architecture, archaeology, business, culture, history, and related subjects may apply, so long as they have a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent on their final scores or a record of professional experience on heritage related fields.
- The programme begins with a week long ‘introductory seminar’. The first two semesters include course work on heritage studies and management studies. In between the first two semesters, a week long field-immersion programme will enrich students’ understanding of heritage issues in the South Asian context.
- The second Semester will feature professional heritage management courses and skills development courses, followed by a two month-long internship.
- The third semester includes project works under a specialized studio, electives and thesis proposal. A part of the whole semester may also be taken as an exchange programme with a pre-approved university abroad. This exchange programme is an optional component that may depend on individual student’s internship and/or field work related to his/her thesis.
- The final semester is mostly focused on thesis work, and can be combined with an exchange programme or field research. All graduating students will present their thesis work at an international conference, which may be a good opportunity for networking and continuing with their future career path.
- The programme includes a total of 80 credit hours including lectures, seminars, field-studies, volunteer works, internship and research.
- The faculty roster includes prominent experts and academicians from India and abroad.
- The programme is also open for international students, particularly from South and Southeast Asia. International students may undertake part of their field work and thesis research in their home country with prior planning and proper guidance under the approval of the programme committee.
- Students also have the options of taking elective classes at other institutions in Ahmedabad University.
- In addition to regular academic work, the students also benefit from the centre’s journal and newsletter publication series, regular heritage talks, and heritage management projects at the centre.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (with minimum of 50% marks, with exception to those applying under SC/ST category) with a demonstrated interest in heritage may apply. Students who have appeared or will appear for the final year examination of bachelor’s degree by June 2019, can also apply – provided that they are able to furnish the final results by September 30, 2019.