The Ahmedabad MBA is an interdisciplinary programme that combines liberal education and analytical rigour. Our MBA graduates are not only academically sound; they gain real-world experiential learning, and an appreciation of social, cultural, and ethical contexts within which a business operates. Our MBA programme prepares students to be not merely better managers, but better leaders, better citizens, and better human beings.
Eligibility and Selection Process
- Candidates who have appeared at CAT 2021 conducted by IIMs / XAT 2022 conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur/ CMAT 2022 conducted by AICTE/ NMAT 2021 conducted by GMAC / MAT 2021-22 conducted by AIMA / SNAP 2021 conducted by Symbiosis International, Pune / GRE 2021-22 are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained bachelor's degree.
- A candidate who has appeared for the final year examination of bachelor's degree or equivalent can also apply. Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks (i.e. all the years’ grade/marks except the final year grade/marks).
- Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit such certificate latest on the registration date notified by the school. Candidate’s admission will be confirmed provided that final mark sheet and degree certificate are submitted not later than December 31, 2022 and if the candidate has met the prescribed eligibility criteria. Non-fulfilment of the above conditions/dates will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Candidates eligible as per the clause 1.1 have to apply must apply in the prescribed online form with payment of non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1200 (inclusive of GST). Upon online registration, candidates will be issued a unique login id which should be used for subsequent admission process correspondence.
- Duly filled application form along with the application fee can be submitted on or before February 28, 2022.
- Candidates are strongly recommended to access the unique login id and their registered email id on a regular basis for admission updates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed via mails and through the application portal about the status of their application by 1st week of March, 2022. All shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interaction on specified dates.
- The Personal Interaction round will take place for MBA programme during 2nd / 3rd week of March 2022. Schedule of the same would be shared with selected candidates by the first week of March, 2022.
- A candidate appearing for the Personal Interaction round is required to report at least Forty-Five (45) Minutes in advance as per the schedule and verify the documents with MBA Admission Officials.
- If a candidate cannot appear for the Personal Interaction round on the scheduled date due to unavoidable circumstances, the candidate may request in prior in writing to the MBA Admission Office at AMSOM along with documentary evidence showing reason for inability to appear on scheduled date and seek an alternate arrangement within the stipulated Personal Interaction schedule. The MBA Admission Office will take an appropriate decision on such request. The decision of Admission Office shall be final and binding.
- The candidates must bring the following documents in original along with one set of self-attested photocopy of the documents for verification at the time of Personal Interaction:
- Mark-sheets of 12th Standard & Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- Certificate of equivalence for conversion of GPA/CPI/CGPA etc into percentage.
- CAT 2021 / XAT 2022 / CMAT 2022 / NMAT 2021 / MAT 2021-22 / SNAP 2021 / GRE 2021-22 Score Card
- Identity Proof
- Experience Certificate if any
- Caste Certificate (from competent authority as notified by the Government, if applied for reservation quota).
- If at any stage, the information provided by a candidate is found to be false, his candidature/admission shall be cancelled.
- Merit list and waiting list will be communicated to candidates on candidate’s unique login id on the mentioned date, which will be communicated in advance.
- All the candidates who are offered admissions should complete admission formalities by the deadline date. If a candidate fails to adhere to this deadline, the admission offer shall stand cancelled, and the seat will be offered to the waitlisted candidate.
- Shortlisting Criteria
A candidate will be shortlisted for the personal interaction round if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria:
a) The 1st stage of shortlisting awards 65% weight to the entrance exam score from best of all the scores candidate has mentioned in the application form, 30% weight to Academic Profile and 5% weight to extra and co-curricular activities.
b) If the candidate does not score minimum prescribed percentile/score in the entrance exam he/she will not be considered for shortlisting for the Personal Interaction round.
- Final Admission Criteria
a) All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in the Personal Interaction round for admission.
b) Selection criteria after final admission round award 50% weight to Personal Interview (PI); and Caselet (Online Test post shortlisting), 30% weight to entrance exam percentile/score and 20% to Academics.
As a part of Ahmedabad University’s commitment to equity and justice, the University admissions process attempts to address social inequalities by providing a relaxation of 10% to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 7% to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) and Economic Weaker Section (EWS) category students in cut-off criteria (grad/percentage/percentile) prescribed for general category students. Such relaxation shall be provided on production of requisite certificate as recognized by the Government of Gujarat.
Fee Structure and Payment Schedule
- Fee Structure:
Tuition fees charged for the MBA Programme are as per the Fee Regulatory Committee
In addition to the tuition fees, each student will have to invest approximately Rs. 15,000 per year in study materials such as textbooks, case studies, supplementary readings, simulations etc.
- Facilities Available:
The following facilities are available to students at cost:
i. Hostel rooms on a twin/triple sharing basis are provided to students.
ii. Campus placements (Summer Internships + Final Placements)
iii. Alumni membership
- Payment for Securing Admission:
Those candidates who are offered admissions are required to pay full fees of the first semester and confirm the admission.
- Mode of Payment:
- All candidates with offered admission can pay the fees by logging again to the application portal with the unique user id and password and pay the fees. Modes available for payment Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, Cheque and Demand Draft.
- In case of Cheque and Demand Draft the candidate/s need to fill the Cheque/Demand Drat details in the system and generate challan. The challan along with Cheque/Demand Draft can be submitted to any nearest ICICI Bank branch.
Ahmedabad University, we believe that finances should not stand in the way of an excellent education. We attest to this by providing financial support to students on a merit and need basis.
All students receive forms for Financial Aid Scheme on their official email addresses upon admission to the university. Financial aid up to 50% of tuition fee are available to eligible candidates.
To avail this support, students must submit all aid applications with supporting documents to their respective schools in advance of their declared deadlines. The Financial Aid committee will then review all applications and make final recommendations.
Cancellation of Admission
The admission of a candidate will stand cancelled if at any point of time it is established that a candidate has got admission with (alternatively) false/incorrect/irrelevant documents and statements. In such an event no refund shall be made, except deposits.
Withdrawal of Admissions MBA Programme 2022 and Refund of fees
For withdrawal of admission and seeking fees refund, the letter of request for withdrawal is available at the PG Admission Office, Central Campus, Ahmedabad University / can be downloaded from AURIS (Ahmedabad University Resource Information System) student portal (web: www.auris.ahduni.edu.in) and can be filled online or can be submitted at the programme office at the time of seeking withdrawal along with required documents. The application will be processed within 15 working days from the date the application is received.
For the Academic Year 2022-23, for the admissions cancelled/withdrawn before the formally notified first day of programme commencement 2022 or after that, the refund will be processed as per the below mentioned table as per the timelines and the date of application for the withdrawal etc.
Percentage of Refund of Tuition Fees
|Date when Withdrawal of Admission request is submitted on AURIS
||30 days or more before the academic semester/term starts
||15 to 29 days before the academic semester/term starts
||Application done on or after the formally notified regular programme commencement day
Refund of fees, if any, shall be directly credited through NEFT/RTGS to the bank account furnished by the applicant on the application for withdrawal of admission.
|Availability of Online Applications Forms
||November 25, 2021
|Last Date of receiving Online Application Forms
||February 28, 2022
||April 30, 2022
||May 31, 2022
|Notification of Personal Interaction Round to shortlisted candidates
||March 07, 2022
||May 07, 2022
||June 06, 2022
| Personal Interaction Round starts from
||March 10, 2022
||May 05, 2022
||June 09, 2022
|Notification of Admissions to Selected Candidates
||March 14, 2022
||May 09, 2022
||June 13, 2022
|Commencement of Academic Session
||July 13, 2022
- Note: The above rules are subject to modification(s) whenever found necessary by the MBA Admission Office.
Interpretations and Change of Admission Rules
In the matter of interpretation of Admission Policy and Procedure, the decision of Dean - Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University shall be final and binding on the candidates. In the matter of any issues not covered in the Admission Policy and Procedure mentioned, the Admission Committee is authorized to resolve these special issues on the merit of the case and take the final decision on the same.
Office of Graduate Admission
Room No: 16, GICT Building
Commerce Six Roads
Admissions Virtual Office
Online Meeting: Monday to Saturday
Meeting ID: 962 5795 5791
Contact Number: +91.9979842878, (M) +91.9898878063
Email: [email protected]