Books at your Doorstep
We are happy to roll out BOOKS AT YOUR DOORSTEP service from our library. This service will enable you to borrow and return print books through courier services. This service will be rolled out on a trial basis for three months from 2nd August 2021 till 31st October 2021 only for returning students. The authority may continue/withdraw the service analyzing the feasibility of the service.
Books @ Your Doorstep Service: Guidelines for Subscribers
- Registered members of the library may send a request by filling the Google form given at the below link. It is required to fill all the mandatory fields. The borrower can opt to receive books from courier service (Paid Service) or Pickup from the University Gate (Free Service). The form is available at https://forms.gle/n7HDnPdPZkrvCjGz5.
- The availability of books and other details may be obtained from the library online catalogue at https://uls.ahduni.edu.in/
- Library staff shall retrieve the requested books from the bookshelf and issue them to the member using library software KOHA. The library catalogue may not reflect the real-time status of the book in the library system. Hence, the availability of the books will be confirmed only when it is issued against the members in the KOHA system.
- Issued books will be dispatched to the borrower on the same day at 4:00 PM. Borrower (Student) will receive the books as per the normal time claimed by the courier service. If the borrower opts to collect from the Main Security Gate (Gate 10) of the University, it will be available after one day from the date of request. The counter at Gate 10 will be open every day between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
- The borrower(Student) opts to collect the book through the courier will have to pay the courier charges along with other charges upon receipt of the book through UPI Mode like Google Pay, PhonePe, etc. No cash payment will be accepted. If the borrower opts to collect from the security gate, the books should be collected within two days from the date of notification. If the borrower fails to collect the books within two days, the issue will be canceled from his/her account and books will be returned to the library shelf.
- Books will be issued for one month in this trial period. The borrower can renew the book one time through the library's online catalogue. The books which are reserved or in demand cannot be renewed. If the books are not returned before the due date, applicable overdue charges will have to be paid by the defaulters.
- The borrower can also return the book/s through any means which they feel convenient or in person at Gate 10. The counter will be open every day between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM. The return will be confirmed only when the books are returned at the security gate (Gate 10) or to the library. Return pick-up service is available only on request. The corresponding rates are given below.
- The students who are on the campus may also use this service. Those students who opt to collect books from the security gate cannot issue/return the books at the library.
- Books should be returned in good condition. Items lost or damaged while on loan or in transit will be charged to the borrower. The borrower will have to pay full replacement cost, together with delivery charges where applicable