PhD Admissions, Winter 2019-20 Semester
PhD Admissions for Semester: Winter 2019-20
Ahmedabad University encourages high quality research through doctoral degree programmes. Ahmedabad University is actively involved in the process of building networks and partnerships with leading institutes, enabling faculty and scholars to work with peers across the world. (Link: https://ahduni.edu.in/partners).
The doctoral degree programme at the School of Engineering and Applied Science of Ahmedabad University, offers an inter-disciplinary exposure to research, and provides the students an opportunity for building a career in academia, or R&D sectors of industry. Faculty members of School of Engineering and Applied Science are actively involved in research and project-based-teaching, and have received (external) research grants from government funding agencies and industry, and (internal) research grants from Ahmedabad University. (Link: https://ahduni.edu.in/seas/list-of-funded-projects). For more details on research areas please refer to faculty profiles (Link: https://ahduni.edu.in/seas/people/faculty)
School of Engineering and Applied Science, Ahmedabad University, invites applications for the doctoral programme, in:
- Chemical Engineering , covering the broad the areas of
- Applied Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering and Materials Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering covering the broad areas of
- Algorithms and Optimizations
- Big Data Analytics (BDA)
- Computer Networks
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber-Physicals Systems
- Internet of Things
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering, covering the broad areas of
- Mechanics and Design
- Robotics, Mechatronics, Automation and Controls
- Thermo-Fluids Engineering
- Physical Science, covering the broad areas of
- Cosmology & Theoretical Physics
- Thin Films Solar Cells and Photovoltaic Systems
- Modelling of Complex Media using Fractional Calculus
- Eligibility to apply for the doctoral programme: BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc with a minimum of 55% marks (The decision of the concerned authorities of School of Engineering and Applied Science regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.)
Following is the eligibility criteria for applying to the doctoral programme at School of Engineering and Applied Science:
- For CSE stream: BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MSc in Computer Science or Mathematics, Information Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering; any other degree may be accepted solely at the discretion of School of Engineering, Ahmedabad University.
- For Chemical Engineering stream: BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MSc in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Nanotechnology, Chemistry; any other degree may be accepted solely at the discretion of School of Engineering, Ahmedabad University.
- For Mechanical Engineering Stream:MTech/ME/BTech/BE in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Chemical engineering and allied branches.
- The schedule of the admission process is as follows:
Online Applications begins from : November 1, 2019
Last date for the submission of application form : December 12, 2019
Written Test and Interviews on : December 16, 2019