Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd. has awarded the project of designing heritage walks in three cities of Gujarat – Lakhpat, Vadodara and Junagadh to Centre for Heritage Management, Ahmedabad University.
The scope of the project includes aspects such as
- Survey & Mapping;
- Research & Documentation;
- Designing a walk-route;
- Preparing a training manual to train the volunteers or guides and
- Designing promotional material for heritage walks.
The Centre had completed all the mandates of the project after conducting in-depth holistic documentation and research. The training programmes were organised in the respective cities and at the centre involving local citizens and experts with field experts from the University and Gujarat State.
Four Heritage Walks and Training Programmes for Volunteers and Guides organised at:
- Ahmedabad: 29-30 October 2015
- Lakhpat: 21 – 22 February 2016
- Vadodara: 4 – 5 March 2016
- Junagadh: 11 – 16 April 2016
Lakhpat Heritage Walk Photo Gallery