To foster critical discourses on the broader domain of heritage, and to promote a holistic heritage management approach as a guidance for sustainable and just social development.
To connect the world of heritage and business, towards formulating more efficient heritage policies and practices and towards running cultural and tourism enterprises
- Teaching: To offer academic programmes and prepare heritage management professionals to serve diverse sectors of heritage
- Research: To promote interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research on understanding and managing heritage, with a focus on its links with business strategy and management
- Capacity building and consulting: To facilitate communities and organisations on various aspects of heritage management through capacity building programmes , consulting projects and outreach activities
- Networking: To provide platforms of sharing research and experiences on heritage management, such as Journals, Conferences, cultural events and publications, and also host global initiatives on heritage management
- Business entrepreneurship: To provide methodologies and tools that would help towards running existing projects/enterprises or starting new ones.
- Service to society, and governance: To sensitise various quarters of society about heritage and the need of contextual management, and contribute towards sensitive as well as efficient policy formulation.