Mitaxi Mehta has Ph.D. in Physics from PRL, Ahmedabad. she has worked as a post-doc. fellow at PRL (Ahmedabad), IMSc (Chennai), University of Regensburg (Germany) and IPR (Gandhinagar) . She has been a visiting researcher at ICTP, Trieste in Italy, HRI Allahabad and Central University Hyderabad. Before joining Ahmedabad university, she was an assistant professor at BITS-Pilani Goa. Her research interests are in the fields of classical nonlinear dynamics, chaos and fractals and scale free networks. Recently she has also been working on problems in (1) protein protein networks, (2) speaker verification based on fixed short speech (3) Visualization of health databases and (4) Periodic orbit search algorithms. She is also interested in recreational mathematics and machine learning.
1. Speech Processing:
M.Tech. student Ms. Pooja Patel and I have been interested in identifying feature vectors for speaker verification using short time speech signals with fixed text.
2. Data visualisation:
M.Tech student Ms. Yesha Bhavsar and I have been working with health data of various Indian states. We are interested in analysis of the data and in
creating useful visualisation tools based on binary classification based on gender and demography.
3. A Periodic orbt search algorith :
I am working on modification of the monodromy method of periodic orbit search for Hamiltonian systems. A mid-point like method taking energy of the orbit
as an independent evolution parameter is being developed.
Additionally I have also started to look into the "Hidden Markov Model" as a predictive model.
1. Disease-Disease Protein networks
With M. Tech. students Ms. Priyanka Nimawat, Ms. Seema Aswani and Dr. Manish Datt (School of Applied Science),
Disease-Disease network and studied various network properties. The work is yet to be published.
2. Golden ratio and center of mass location
With Dr. Gautam Dutta (DA-IICT), the occurance of golden ratio at the edge of a solid symmetric body with cavity of the same shape was studied.
Ref. Euro. J. Phys. 37 (2016) 068002.
3, Periodic Orbit search algorithms
Mitaxi M. " A variant of the mid-point monodromy algorithm", CNLD-2016, IISER Kolkata, Dec. 16th to 18th (2016)
4. Data Visualization
Bhavsar Y. and Mehta M. P. "Analysis and Visualisation of health data from the CAB database",
IEEE sposored International conference on algorithms, methodology models and
Applications-ICMMA Chennai 16th to 18th Feb. (2017)
Papers in international journals:
(1) Mehta M. P., On The Dimensionality of the Phase-space Survivors in the Banerjea-Taylor map, Phys. Lett. A 252 p. 288-290 (1999).
(2) Balakrishnan R. and Mehta M. P., Field Induced Transitions and Spatial Chaos in the Classical XY Spin Chain Phys. Rev. E, 61, p. 1312-1319 (2000).
(3) Mehta M. P. and Sinha S., Asynchronous Updating of Coupled Maps leads to Synchronization , Chaos 10, p. 350-358 (2000).
(4) Brack M., Mehta M. P. and Tanaka K., Occurrence of Periodic Lame Functions at Bifurcations in Chaotic Hamiltonian Systems, J. Phys. A. 34, p. 8199-8200 (2001).
(5) Pletyukhov M., Amann C., Mehta M. P. and Brack M., Semiclassical theory of spin-orbit interactions using spin coherent states, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, p. 116601-1-116601-6 (2002).
(6) Brack M., Fedotkin S. N., Magner A. G. and Mehta M. P., Analytical Perturbative Approach to Periodic Orbits in the
Homogeneous Quartic Oscillator potential, J. Phys. A. 36 p.1095 (2003).
(7) Mehta M. P., Mittal A. K. and Dwivedi S., The Double -cusp Map for the Forced Lorenz System, Int. J. Bif. Chaos 13,
p. 3029-3035 (2003).
(8) Balakrishnan R. and Mehta M. P. Geometric Phase in a Bose-Einstein Josephson junction, Eur. Phys. J. D33, p. 437-446 (2005).
(9) Mehta M. P. and Sen A. Death Island Boundaries for Delay-coupled Oscillator Chains, Phys.Lett. A. 355 p. 202-206 (2006).
(10) Mehta M. P., Dutta S. Tiwari S. A quaternionic map for the steady states of the Heisenberg Spin-Chain, Phys. Lett. A. 378 p. 362-366 (2014).
(11) Mehta M. P. and Dutta G. Life-time and degree dependent connection probability in networks, presented at ICMES-2014, published in Mathematical
sciences international research journal 3 p.184-186 (2014).
(12) Dutta G. and Mehta M.P. Comment on Yet another encounter with the golden ratio, Euro. J. Phys 27 p. 068002-068005 (2016).
Papers in National Journals
(1) Sitaram B.R. and M. P. Mehta, Time Dependent Canonical Perturbation Theory:I:General Theory,
Pramana-J. Phys., 45, p. 141-148 (1995).
(2) Mehta M.P. and Sitaram B.R., Time Dependent Canonical Perturbation Theory:II:
Application to the Henon-Heiles system, Pramana-J. Phys., 45, p. 149-164 (1995).
(3) Mehta M.P. and Sitaram B.R., Time Dependent Canonical Perturbation Theory:III:
Application to a system with non constant unperturbed frequencies,
Pramana-J. Phys., 46, p.323-329 (1996).
Papers in Conferences:
(1) Mehta M. P., Phase-space Survivors in Physics, proceedings of the conference on ``Dynamical Systems: Recent
Developments'' held at Hyderabad (India), Ed.s V. Srinivasan,
A. K. Kapoor and P. K. Panigrahi (Allied Publishers Ltd., Hyderabad) Nov. (1999)
(2) Mehta M. P., Sen A. and Johnston G. L. Amplitude Death States of a Ring of Nonlocally-coupled Limit-cycle Oscillators with Time
Delay., conference proceedings of ``National Conference on Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics'', Chennai, India Feb. 6-8 (2006).
(3) Mehta M. P., Equilibrium States of Delay Coupled Oscillator Chains,
Proceedings of ``National Conference on Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics'', SINP, India
March 5-7 (2009).
(4) Bhavsar Y. and Mehta M. P. Analysis and Visualisation of health data from the CAB database,
IEEE sposored International conference on algorithms, methodology models and
Applications-ICMMA Chennai 16th to 18th Feb. (2017).
Conference Presentations (unpublished)
(1) Seema A. Datt M., Mehta M. P., Application of big data analytics for
understanding biological networks, Int-Bio-Nano 2016 Amity University, Gwalior, Feb. 10-12 (2016).
(2) Nimawat P., Mehta M. P., Datt M., Novel graph theoretic approach for data mining
human protein interactome, Int-Bio-Nano 2016 Amity University, Gwalior,
Feb. 10-12 (2016).
(3) Mitaxi M. A variant of the mid-point monodromy algorithm, CNLD-2016 Kolkata,
Dec. 16th to 18th (2016).
Academic Year 2016-17:
1. MA100: Calculus and differential equations (B.Tech. Mech. and Chem.)
2. Mathematics (M.Tech.)
1. MA 101: Discrete mathematics
This course is being taught in the enable mode using both lectures and coding projects.
Subjects taught previously:
1. Mechanics (B.Tech.)
2. Mechanics Lab (B.ech.)
3. Electromagntic Theory (B.Tech.)
4. Linear algebra (B.Tech.)
5. Calculus and differential equations (B.Tech.)
6. Discrete Mathematics. (B.Tech.)
7. Mathematics (M.Tech.)
- Chairperson ICC (2015-17)
- Member : Academic committee SEAS, chair of the Post Graduate program (Sem.1 2016-17)
- Coordinator: Enrollments at SEAS for AU-wide HASS courses (2016-17)
- Resorce person: national team selection camp for International Physics Olympiad (2016)
- Resource person: International Physics Olympiad (2015)
- Member : Student affairs committee (2015-16)
- Member : Consulting team, Kumbhathon-5, Nashik (2015)
- Chairperson of ``Women development cell'' at IET for the year (2014-15)
- Institute timetable management (2014-15)
- Member : AU project based learning'' faculty group (2013-15)
- Coordinator: students volunteers for (1) Olin college's ADE project at Bharatpur (2) MIT's project
on water quality at Ahmedabad India. (2014-15).
- Member: AUSEAC (2012-14)
- Coordinator: Admissions (2013-14)
- Member: Faculty search: (2012-13)
- Non-residential hostel warden at BITS Goa
- Student counselor at BITS Goa
- Faculty in charge for the summer school activity of BITS Goa at BISAG, Gandhinagar
136, School of Engineering and Applied Science,
Ahmedabad Education Society FP. 4,
Near Commerce Six Roads,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009, India