Dr. Dhaval Patel is currently working as Assistant Professor at School of Engineering and Applied Science - Ahmedabad University, India. Previously, he associated with Olin School of Engineering-MA-USA (Visiting Faculty), Nirma University, Charotar University of Science and Technology - Changa and as a Research Engineer at Pentium Electronics, Ahmedabad.
He has published research papers in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. He is a TPC member of many international conferences in U.S.A and India. He is contributing his services as a reviewer in International and National Journals like IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communications, NASA Journal of Physical Science, IEEE Communication letters, etc. Furthermore, he is an executive committee member of professional bodies like IEEE Signal Processing Society, ISTE and IETE.
His area of interest includes Non-parametric statistics, Cognitive Radio-Physical Layer, MIMO Communications and Statistical Signal Processing.
Project title: Non-parametric Smart Sensing Analytics based on Large Spectrum Data and Estimation of Channel Activity Statistics
Role: PI (Dr. Dhaval Patel - India Partner - Ahmedabad University), PI (Dr. Miguel Lopez-Benitez - UK Partner - University of Liverpool )
Funding Agency: DST-UKIERI Thematic Partnerships 2016-17
Duration: Three Years (2017-2020)
I am looking for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the Communication and Signal Processing Group of the SEAS-Ahmedabad University leading to the award of a PhD degree in the areas of cognitive radio/dynamic spectrum access and 5G mobile communications. The research project is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI). It will be carried out in close cooperation with University of Liverpool, UK.
Salary : 25000/- + 20% HRA (30,000 approx.). For Three Years (2017-2020)
How to Apply: Please send a zip file containing short CV (including contact details of at least two referees), copies of degree certificates, academic transcripts, and along with a statement of research interests to Dr Dhaval Patel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following text in the subject of your email: Application for the DST-UKIERI JRF position
Last Date: February 26, 2017
Date of Interview: March 4, 2017
Tentative Date of Joining: April 1, 2017
Project title: Design and Performance Analysis of Nonparametric Detection algorithm for Cognitive Radio - MIMO Communications
Role: PI (Dr. Dhaval Patel), Co-PI (Prof. (Dr.) Sanjay Chaudhary)
Funding Agency: DST- Gujarat Council on Science and Technology
Duration: Two Years (2016-2018)
Current Opening: 
- PG Student:
- For Ph.D: Learning is a slow process and to learn fast from a slow process leads us towards quality research. If you are interested in my research area then send me an e-mail with your CV and find a convenient time to chat. Currently, I am strongly looking for JRF/SRF (motivated to join Ph.D full time) for DST-UK research project.
- For M.Tech: People with M.Tech in ECE/CS/EE with experience in Matlab/Python programming are welcome to apply by sending me an e-mail with your CV. [Duration: Minimum 1 year]
2. UG Student: Final year student with experience in Matlab/Python programming full six months time can apply by sending me an e-mail with your CV. [Duration: Minimum six months]
- D. K. Patel and Y. N. Trivedi, "LRS-G2 Based Non-parametric Spectrum Sensing for Cognitive Radio, 11th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks and Communications (CROWNCOM-2016), Springer International Publishing, pp. 330-341, June 2016
- D. K. Patel and Y. N. Trivedi, "Goodness-of-fit-based non-parametric spectrum sensing under Middleton noise for cognitive radio," IET Electronics Letters, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 419-421, Mar. 2015.
- D. K. Patel and Y. N. Trivedi, "Non-parametric Blind Spectrum Sensing Based on Censored Observations for Cognitive radio," Journal of Signal Processing System (Springer), vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 275-281, Mar. 2015.
- D. K. Patel and Y. N. Trivedi, " Spectrum Sensing Based on Censored Observations in Time-Varying Channels using AR-1 Model." Nirma University Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 3 no. 1, pp. 8-11, Jan. 2015.
- D K. Patel and Y N. Trivedi, "Non-parametric Spectrum Sensing Based on Censored Observations in Quasi-static Fading Channel for Cognitive radio" in 76th meetings of the Wireless Innovation Forum (WINNF), Proceedings of SDR-WInnComm-Europe 11-13 June 2013, pp. 108-111. [Presented at: Rohde and Schwarz, Munich, Germany]
- D. K. Patel and Y. N. Trivedi, " Spectrum Sensing Based on Censored Observations in Time-Varying Channels using AR-1 Model." Nirma University Journal of Engineering and Technology , vol. 3 no. 1, pp. 8-11, Jan. 2015.
- D K. Patel, K. Patel and M. Patel," Scalability analysis in Wireless Sensor Network with LEACH Routing Protocol", IEEE International conference CAMAN at Wuhan, China, pp 1-6,2011
- D K. Patel, G. Patel, M. Shah and A. Oza- " Performance comparison of ad-hoc network routing protocol based on throughput and jitter in network simulator" Journal of Intelligent Information Processing, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 55-61, June 2010
- D K. Patel, S K. Shah and M P. Thaker , "Performance Analysis of Reactive Routing Protocols with OSPF for IEEE 802.11s Wireless Mesh Network", (Springer-Verlag) V.V Das et al. (Eds.): BAIP 2010, CCIS 70, pp. 276-280, 2010.
- D K. Patel and A. Joshi, "Cognitive Radio Based IEEE 802.11 MANET-Wireless Mesh Network", 2nd International Conference on Signal, System and Automation at G H Patel College of Engineering,V V Nagar,Anand,Gujarat on 24-25 January 2011. ISBN: 978-1-6123-3002-0
- D K. Patel and P. Panchal," Ubiquitous Computing: Proposed Middleware for Immersive Networks,Real time Challenges and Applications" Current Trends in Technology (NUCONE 2008), 2008 at NIRMAUniversity, Ahmedabad
- D K. Patel and S K. Hadia," Wireless Mesh Network: The Hycnith Architecture, Applications, Challenges", ISTE National Conference 2008, Mahakal Institute of Technology, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
- D K. Patel and M D. Patel, "MEMS for Industrial Automation and Process Control: Technology Roadmap, Design Issues, Applications and Limitations", IEEE National Conference-2008, at Charotar Institute of Technology, Changa
- Probability and Random Processes (B.Tech Sem. IV - ICT)
- Wireless Communications (B.Tech Sem. V - ICT)
- Advanced Wireless Communications (B.Tech Sem. VI - ICT - Elective)
International Journals (Reviewer):
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
- IEEE Communication Letters
- Springer Wireless Personal Communications
- Springer Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences
- International Journal of Information system
- MALSIP'15: Springer LNEE Conference
- ARiEET'15: Malaysia Technical Scientist Association, Bandung, Indonesia
- WCITCA: A World Congress on Information Technology, Hammamet, Tunisia
- TENSYMP: Industrial Internet Workshop (TPC Member), Gandhinagar
- ICCSEIT: International Conference on Computer supported Education and Information Technology, Kathmandu, Nepal
- NUiCONE: Nirma University International Conference on Engineering, Ahmedabad, India
- ICSPT: International Conference on Signal Processing and Telecommunications, Sousse, Tunisia
- ISSP: International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Signal Processing, G.H.Patel College of Engineering, V.V.Nagar, India
2016: International Travel Support (ITS) under young scientist category from SERB-DST to present research paper in CROWNCOMM-2016
2015: Won the Best IEEE Signal Processing Society Chapter Award, Executive Committee Member- Treasurer Gujarat Section, across Asia R10 Region
2015: Elite Gold medal, Outstanding Performance with 91%, NPTEL MOOC Certification offered by IIT Kanpur on Principles of Modern CDMA/ MIMO/ OFDM Wireless Communications
2014: Achieved Second Prize, Best Presentation Award, Nonparametric Sensing using GoF technique, in TEQIP-II workshop on Mathematical Modeling for Scientist, Engineers, and Statistician at NIT, Surat during January 27-31, 2014
2011: Research Fellowship for 2011-2014, as Full Time Research Scholar, in Department of Electrical engineering, Institute of Technology, Nirma university
2010: Achieved First Prize in Research Paper Section, Wireless Technologies in Automation and Communication: WTAC 2010, organized by IETE, Baroda Center held on January 10, 2010 under IETE chapter.
2009: Appreciation Certificate for Successfully organized A National Level Workshop on Wired and wireless Network on NS-2 under FEDORA Linux Platform for THREE days (Only hands on) at CIT, EC Department, March 19-21, 2009 Changa
2008: Achieved First Prize in Review Paper Section in Networking Technology and Applications: 2008, organized by IETE, Baroda Center held on April 20, 2008 under IETE chapter
239, School of Engineering and Applied Science,
Ahmedabad Education Society FP. 4,
Near Commerce Six Roads,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009, India