Sonal Yadav has Ph.D degree in Economics from Gujarat University, Ahmedabad. She did her B.A. (Hons.) and M.A. (Economics) from the M.S.University, Baroda. Her doctoral thesis attempts to examine the impact of economic reforms on industrial labour with reference to Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat.
She has presented several research papers in National and International conferences. She has also published research papers in peer-reviewed national and international journals. Her major areas of research include Labour Economics, Agriculture economics, Issues of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Gender Studies. Recently, she has been involved in studies related to impact of Demonetisation in rural economy.
She is a life member of Indian Economic Association (IEA), Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), Gujarat Economic Association (GEA), WILPF (Women's International League for Peace and Freedom) India chapter and Indian Association for Canadian Studies.
- “Employment and Productivity: The Role of Labor Market Flexibility in the Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)” A Research Paper presented at the 58th Annual Conference of ISLE held at IIT Guwahati during 24-26 November 2016
- “Issues Concerning the Employment, Production and Working Conditions in Indian MSMEs after Economic Reforms: A Study of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat” A Research Paper presented at XI International Conference on Public Policy and Management held at IIM Bangalore, India, August 8-10, 2016
- “Employment and Working Conditions in the Indian MSMEs Sector After Economic Reforms: A Study of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat” – A Research paper presented at 46th Annual Conference of Gujarat Economic Association held at Hemchandracharya North Gujart University, Patan during 19-21 February, 2016
- “Technological Flexibility in Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs): A Case of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat” –A research paper presented at International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Practice (ICMRP 2014) organized by Research and Scientific Innovation Society (Australia, Thailand, India) on 30th November 2014, at Ahmedabad Management Association, ATIRA Campus, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- “Labor Market Flexibility and Trends in Employment, Production and Productivity in Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)”-A research paper (co-authored) presented at the Golden Jubilee Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) held at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai from 22nd December, 2013 to 24th December, 2013.
- “Contribution of Factor Productivity in Micro, Small and Medium Scale Sector’s Export Earnings in India”- A research paper (co-authored) presented at XIV International Seminar on ‘Economics, Politics and Civil Society’ organized by Delhi School of Professional Studies and Research on 2nd and 3rd January,2013.
- “Instruments behind Micro, Small & Medium Scale Sector’s Export earnings in India”- A research paper (co-authored) presented at the International Conference organized by The Indian Econometrics Society at Pondicherry in March, 2012.
- “A Study on Identifying Gender Issues Across Four Academic Institutes of Ahmedabad Education Society”- A research paper (co-authored) presented at the National Conference on “Women’s Development in 21st Century” organized by Women’s Development Cell, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad on 30-31 January, 2010.
- “A Study on Identifying Gender Issues across Four Academic Institutes of Ahmedabad Education Society”- A research paper (jointly) presented at the National Conference on “Managing for Tomorrow- Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges” held at the AES Post Graduate Institute of Business Management, Ahmedabad on 23-24 January, 2010.
- “Global Recession and Diamond Industry of Gujarat- Problems and prospects”-A research paper presented at the International Conference on Applied Econometrics, organized by IBS Hyderabad during April 17-18, 2009.
- “Reforms in Agriculture and Rural Development in Gujarat”- A research paper presented at state level conference on ‘Problems and Prospects of Gujarat Agriculture Sector after reforms’ on July 26, 2008 organized by S. M. Patel Institute of Commerce.
- “India ‘as a Knowledge Economy: Strengths and Weaknesses”- A research paper presented at L. J. Institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad in the seminar on ‘Emergence of Knowledge Economy: The Indian Perspective’ on 15th February 08.
- “Sustainable Development- A British Case Study”- A research paper presented at orientation programme held at Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, (12/04/05 to 09/05/05)
- “Labor Market Segmentation in India”- M. Phil. Dissertation, University School of Social Sciences, Gujarat University, 1996. Guide: Prof. V. P. Bhardwaj
· “A Study on Identifying Gender Issues across Four Academic Institutes of Ahmedabad Education Society” a research paper selected for publication in VNSGU Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences, Vol.5, Issue 1, January- June, 2015, ISSN 0975-637X
· “Instruments Behind Micro, Small & Medium Scale Sector’s Export Earnings in India”, A research paper published in Towards Excellence: An Indexed Refereed Journal of Higher Education, Vol. 6, Issue No. 1, March 2014, page no. 23-35, ISSN No. 0974-035X
· “Technological Flexibility in Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs): A Case of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat”
- A research paper published in IJRSI/Volume I/Issue VII/November 2014 /318-327 – ISSN: 2321 – 2705
International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation (IJRSI), See more at http://rsisinternational.org/Vol.I&IssueVII.html#sthash.hs6kOAk2.dpuf
· A coffee table book on “Tolani Vidya Mandir” published in 2014 by Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, A Society of the Education Department, Government of Gujarat.
· “Contribution of Factor Productivity in Micro Small and Medium Scale Sector’s Export Earnings in India” www.internationalseminar.org/XIV_AIS/.../7.%20Sonal%20Yadav.pdf
· “Global Recession and Diamond Industry of Gujarat- Problems and prospects”-A research paper published in H.L.I.C. Journal of Commerce, Volume II, No.1, September 2009.
· Co- author of “Managerial and Entrepreneurial Economics”- The reference book for S. Y. B. Com. Students, published by Sudhir Prakashan, Ahmedabad.
Dr. Yadav has taught International Economics, Economics of Developing Countries, Managerial and Entrepreneurial Economics, Money and Financial System at undergraduate level.
Currently, she teaches Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Indian Economy, Sectoral Economics and Economic Theories and Resources at B. Com. Program.