Dr. Sonal Yadav is an Assistant Professor in Economics and Public Policy Area, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad. She did her B.A. (Hons.) and M.A. (Economics) with specialisation in Economics of Human Resources from the M.S.University, Baroda. Her M.Phil. research focused on Labour Market Segmentation in India. She has Ph.D degree in Economics from Gujarat University, Ahmedabad. Her doctoral thesis attempts to examine the impact of economic reforms on industrial labour with reference to Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat. The title of her Ph.D. thesis was "Impact of Economic Reforms on Indusrtrial Labour- A Study of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat".
Dr. Yadav started her teaching career in 1995. She worked as a Part-time Lecturer at Arts and Commerce College, Kapadwanj, B.V.D. Arts and Commerce College, Ahmedabad and S.M. Patel Institute of Commerce before joining H.L. Institute of Commerce in 2001 which later became a constituent of Ahmedabad University.
She has presented several research papers in National and International conferences. She has also published research papers in peer-reviewed national and international journals. Her major areas of research include Labour Economics, Agriculture economics, Issues of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Gender Studies. She has also worked on the reseach project related to finding the impact of demonetisation in rural economy. Currently, she is working on the research project related to the study of secondary school drop-outs in Ahmedabad district.
She is a life member of Indian Economic Association (IEA), Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), Gujarat Economic Association (GEA), Indian Association for Canadian Studies, and WILPF (Women's International League for Peace and Freedom) India chapter.
- Worked on the Research project on "Demonetisation and It's Impact on Rural Economy" funded by University Research Board, Ahmedabad University in the academic year 2017-18. The working paper on "Impact of Demonetisation Through The Lense of Financial Inclusion in Rural Locals" can be accessed on https://ahduni.edu.in/research-working-paper/impact-of-demonetization-through-the-lens-of-financial-inclusion-in-rural-locals
- Currently she is working on the research project on " A Study of Secondary School Drop-outs: Reasons and Way Forward" funded by University Research Board, Ahmedabad University in the academic year 2018-19.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES: Papers Presented
- "Financial Inclusion in Rural Economy: Experiences and the Way Forward" A Research Paper presented at International Conference on Banking and Finance organised by Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar, Gujarat during 17-18, March, 2018.
- “Labour and Employment in a Highly Industrialized State, Gujarat” A Research Paper presented at 30th International Conference on Imagi/Nation: India/Canada – Past, Present and Future jointly organized by Indian Council of Literacy, Social, Educational and Cultural Research, Gujarat Arts & Commerce College (Evening) and UGC-HRDC, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, during 25-27 March 2017.
- “Employment and Productivity: The Role of Labor Market Flexibility in the Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)” A Research Paper presented at the 58th Annual Conference of ISLE held at IIT Guwahati during 24-26 November 2016
- “Issues Concerning the Employment, Production and Working Conditions in Indian MSMEs after Economic Reforms: A Study of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat” A Research Paper presented at XI International Conference on Public Policy and Management held at IIM Bangalore, India, August 8-10, 2016
- “Employment and Working Conditions in the Indian MSMEs Sector After Economic Reforms: A Study of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat” – A Research paper presented at 46th Annual Conference of Gujarat Economic Association held at Hemchandracharya North Gujart University, Patan during 19-21 February, 2016
- “Technological Flexibility in Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs): A Case of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat” –A research paper presented at International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Practice (ICMRP 2014) organized by Research and Scientific Innovation Society (Australia, Thailand, India) on 30th November 2014, at Ahmedabad Management Association, ATIRA Campus, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- “Labor Market Flexibility and Trends in Employment, Production and Productivity in Indian Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)”-A research paper (co-authored) presented at the Golden Jubilee Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) held at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai from 22nd December, 2013 to 24th December, 2013.
- “Contribution of Factor Productivity in Micro, Small and Medium Scale Sector’s Export Earnings in India”- A research paper (co-authored) presented at XIV International Seminar on ‘Economics, Politics and Civil Society’ organized by Delhi School of Professional Studies and Research on 2nd and 3rd January,2013.
- “Instruments behind Micro, Small & Medium Scale Sector’s Export earnings in India”- A research paper (co-authored) presented at the International Conference organized by The Indian Econometrics Society at Pondicherry in March, 2012.
- “A Study on Identifying Gender Issues Across Four Academic Institutes of Ahmedabad Education Society”- A research paper (co-authored) presented at the National Conference on “Women’s Development in 21st Century” organized by Women’s Development Cell, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad on 30-31 January, 2010.
- “A Study on Identifying Gender Issues across Four Academic Institutes of Ahmedabad Education Society”- A research paper (jointly) presented at the National Conference on “Managing for Tomorrow- Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges” held at the AES Post Graduate Institute of Business Management, Ahmedabad on 23-24 January, 2010.
- “Global Recession and Diamond Industry of Gujarat- Problems and prospects”-A research paper presented at the International Conference on Applied Econometrics, organized by IBS Hyderabad during April 17-18, 2009.
- “Reforms in Agriculture and Rural Development in Gujarat”- A research paper presented at state level conference on ‘Problems and Prospects of Gujarat Agriculture Sector after reforms’ on July 26, 2008 organized by S. M. Patel Institute of Commerce.
- “India ‘as a Knowledge Economy: Strengths and Weaknesses”- A research paper presented at L. J. Institute of Management Studies, Ahmedabad in the seminar on ‘Emergence of Knowledge Economy: The Indian Perspective’ on 15th February 08.
- “Sustainable Development- A British Case Study”- A research paper presented at orientation programme held at Academic Staff College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, (12/04/05 to 09/05/05)
- “Labor Market Segmentation in India”- M. Phil. Dissertation, University School of Social Sciences, Gujarat University, 1996. Guide: Prof. V. P. Bhardwaj
"Healthcare Sector in India: How are we Performing?" Research Hub - International Multidisciplinary Research Journal (RHIMRJ) Vol. 5 (4) April 2018, ISSN: 2349-7637
"Employment, Production and Working Conditions in MSMEs After Economic Reforms: India and Gujarat" Journal of Regional Development and Planning Vol. 6 (2) December 2017, ISSN: 2277-9108
“Bhudia Kesar Farm” a case study published in Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities Vol. 7, No. 12, December 2017, pp. 160-165. ISSN 2249-7315
“Labour and Employment in a Highly Industrialized State, Gujarat”, ZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. ISSN 2231-5780 Vol.7 (12), December (2017) , pp. 127-138
“A Study on Identifying Gender Issues across Four Academic Institutes of Ahmedabad Education Society” a research paper selected for publication in VNSGU Journal of Humanities & Social Sciences, Vol.5, Issue 1, January- June, 2015, ISSN 0975-637X
“Instruments Behind Micro, Small & Medium Scale Sector’s Export Earnings in India”, A research paper published in Towards Excellence: An Indexed Refereed Journal of Higher Education, Vol. 6, Issue No. 1, March 2014, page no. 23-35, ISSN No. 0974-035X
“Technological Flexibility in Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs): A Case of Small Scale Engineering Industries of Gujarat”
- A research paper published in IJRSI/Volume I/Issue VII/November 2014, pp. 318-327 , ISSN: 2321-2705
International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation (IJRSI), See more at http://rsisinternational.org/Vol.I&IssueVII.html#sthash.hs6kOAk2.dpuf
“Contribution of Factor Productivity in Micro Small and Medium Scale Sector’s Export Earnings in India” www.internationalseminar.org/XIV_AIS/.../7.%20Sonal%20Yadav.pdf
A coffee table book on “Tolani Vidya Mandir” published in 2014 by Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, A Society of the Education Department, Government of Gujarat.
“Global Recession and Diamond Industry of Gujarat- Problems and prospects”-A research paper published in H.L.I.C. Journal of Commerce, Volume II, No.1, September 2009.
Co- author of “Managerial and Entrepreneurial Economics”- The reference book for S. Y. B. Com. Students, published by Sudhir Prakashan, Ahmedabad.
Dr. Yadav has taught Business Economics, International Economics, Economics of Developing Countries, Managerial and Entrepreneurial Economics, Money and Financial System, Sectoral Economics and Economic Theories and Resources at undergraduate level.
Currently, she teaches Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Indian Economy: Performance and Policies, Economics of Human Resources at Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University.
- Member, Indian Economic Association
- Member, Gujarat Economic Association
- Member, Indian Society of Labor Economics
- Member, WILPF, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
- Member, Indian Association of Canadian Studies
Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Advanced Information in Engineering and Technology (IJAIET) http://www.ijaiet.com/index.php/editorial-board
Member, Editorial Board, COJ Reviews & Research (COJRR), Crimson Publishers, http://crimsonpublishers.com/cojrr/editorial-board.php