After obtaining MBA in Human resource Management in 2010 from AESPGIBM, Gujarat university . Joined Organizational behavior Area, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA),(2010- 2015). Presently faculty at AmSom in Management area. Developed skills to analyze and carry out 360 feedbacks, CPI analysis and CVF framework, besides designing and teaching course on Human resource Management, Industrial relations and Designing effective organizations for MBA students at Amrut Mody School of Management and Amrita Business school. Presented my research work on platforms like UNESCO- APEID, PAN IIM Conferences .Besides that wrote papers for journals,cases and working papers at IIM A.Won best young case writer award by ET cases at FLAME conference.
My teaching philosophy rests on encouragement of providing concrete information which stands true with reference to current scenarios of business. Particular emphasis is on the promotion of analyzing situations based on frameworks which theory provides, and accordingly develop their own out of box solutions . Learning is done by exploring and not by limiting or restricting your options
Business and Management education domain are constantly changing and it also means constant analysis and understanding of its true context. For me research is to explore those ideas which might be very minute but gets unnoticed and can bring changes if carried forward properly. It also get affected by minds you are working along with.
Professors worked with
Prof T V Rao Prof Neharika Vohra Prof Deepti Bahtnagar
Prof Premila D Cruz Prof Kirti Sharda Prof Ernesto Noronha
- UGRP : Project Ahmedabad : Study of Micro-Entrepreneurs and Enterprises Carrying out research work on understading network theory implications in family businesse, along with Prof Rushi Pandya
- Carrying out research work on understanding role congruity among female business owners
Ahmedabad under MICRO-scope - Study on Micro Scale Entrepreneurs and Enterprises along with Prof Rushi Pandya
Carrying out research on education for succession planning along with Prof Sudhir Pandey & Prof Amit Diwedi(EDI)
- Carrying out research on behavioral and decision making styles of young family business owner
- Carried out research on interpersonal trust among creative teams at newly formed teams.
- Carrying out content analysis of open ended 360 feedback reports for R & D organization and PGP batch of IIM Ahmedabad to establish whether base work for understanding 360 feedback really acting as antecedent for future performance
- Field work for understanding inclusive practices adopted by Microsign Products, Bhavnagar , company which has won awards for having 80 % differently abled workforce in Manufacturing sector
- Working on experimental designs and its use in OB teaching going on with Prof Sharvari Dalal
- Saxena, S. (2015). An Empirical study on Decision Making Styles among Students pursuing interest in Sustained Family Businesses.Siddhant-A Journal of Decision Making Year : 2015, Volume : 15, Issue : 2
- Dash, S., & Saxena, S. (2015). Anticipated Work-Family Conflict in the Case of Female Management Students-An Empirical Investigation. Training & Development Journal Year : 2015, Volume : 6, Issue : 1 27- 35 Print ISSN : 2231-0681. Online ISSN : 2231-069X.
- Dash, S., & Saxena, S. (2015). Working Mothers at the Crossroads – Work Family Conflict and Childcare .Siddhant-A Journal of Decision Making Year : 2015, Volume : 15, Issue : 2 134- 142 Print ISSN : 2231-0649. Online ISSN : 2231-0657
- Rao, T.V, Saxena, S., et al (2014). Responding to Industry Needs: Reorienting Management Education . Vikalpa December Issue. Vol 39 (4) – ISSN 0256-0909 Impact factor 0.91
- Saxena, S., & Phagaut, S.(2015). Understanding Organization culture for Acquiring Bank using Quinn’s Competing Value Framework - An Empirical Study. Review of management .( Forth coming issue) ISSN No 2231-0487
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2012) Employee volunteerism: Organisation Oriented Corporate Social responsibility. Voice of Research . June Vol 1(1) – ISSN 2277-773
- Saxena, S. & Thaker, N. (2017) Management lessons not learnt from the visit to Mausar: A perspective on rathyatra Ahmedabad. Presented at IIM Raipur.
- Saxena, S. (2015).WBS Merchandise the case of lost exclusivity. Case presented at FLAME conference. Shortlisted for publication by ET cases.comin there case repository
- Vohra, N., & Saxena, S. (2015). Microsign. Registered case at IIM Ahmedabad(OB Temp221). ( Under Review).
- Saxena, S.S., Pandey, S.K. (2014). We Want MR-F (Multi-Rater Feedback). Journal of Rural and Industrial Development. Vol. 2 (1), April. ISSN: 2321-1873
- Vohra, N., Saxena, S.,& Dadhich, H.(2015). Microsign(Teaching note). Registered at IIM Ahmedabad( OB Temp221). ( Under Review
- Saxena, S., Dash, S. (2015) Women at Workplace: Work Family Interfaceby Lambert publication. ISBN 978-3659709715.
- Saxena, S. (2015).Value creation throughSocial Entrepreneurship : A collection ofFive Caselets.InCSR & Social Entrepreneurship. Black well publication .
- Saxena, S.(2015). Corporate socialresponsibility : A preview of practices inIndia. In “Advance Management Practices in Business” with ISBN 978-93-83241-64-4.BookRix Gmbh & Co. KgMünchen, Germany.
- Saxena, S. & Arora, R. (2015). Human Capital Management -A New Look to Old Tools. Book publication to be announced
- Saxena, S. & Arora, R. (2015). Human Capital Management -CSR and Its impact on Human Resource Management in India”. Book publication to be announced.
- Dash, S., & Saxena , S. (2015) . Emergingtrends of Innovative Human resource practices in India: An Insight. “ Innovative Processesfor TransformingHR”. Page no 138-144. Publisher: Excel Publication New delhi
- Neerpal, R., & Saxena , S .(2011).Influence of Employee Well-Being of Organizational Commitment". “Organizations in the New Millennium: Challenges and Opportunities” .Page no. 182-187, Publisher: Macmillan Publishers New Delhi
1 Saxena, S. (2012). New Paradigms of Leadership and Governance . IIM A
Alumnus Magazine. Vol 44(3). IIM Ahmedabad .
Working papers at IIM Ahmedabad
- Rao, T.V. , & Saxena, S. (2014). Measuring and Managing Institutional Environment
Of Institutes of Professional Education. IIM Ahmedabad. Working paper . W.P. No.
IIM Ahmedabad. Working paper . W.P. No.2014-03-05.
2.Rao, T.V.,Saxena, S., Sherry Chand, V. et.al (2014). What employers value in the
MBAs they recruit: Rebalancing the management education curriculum .
- Saxena, S. & Sanjana S.(2015). Institutional Environment Measuring Press using Stern’s activity index for a B school at Managing in the Indian Institutional Context at 4th Biennial Conference, IIM Lucknow.
- Saxena, S. & Neerpal,R .(2015). Measuring OCB in Learning Organisation : An empirical study at Managing in the Indian Institutional Context at 4th Biennial Conference, IIM Lucknow.
- Saxena, S., & Saxena , A. (2014). MBAs- What employers want- an indicative study. Conference Proceedings Second Pan IIM Conference . New Delhi : Emerald
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2010). Sustainable Development and Organizational Growth Through Spiritual Leadership. ISOL Foundation. A joint conference by IIT Roorkee and ISOL foundation .
- Saxena, S. & Das, S. (2011). Corporate Social Responsibility: A game changer today and tomorrow. Paper uploaded at Teach CSR.com, Managed by IIM Bangalore.
- Saxena, S, Rathi, N.& Premapuri, P. (2013). Talent Management as a competitive advantage Nurturing excellence. South Asian Management Research and Case Conference, 2013. IIM Banagalore.
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P.(2010). Social Entrepreneurship for creating sustainable business models in India. ICOD at IMT Ghaizabad , New Delhi.
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P.(2010). Corporate – CSR collaboration for creating sustainable business models in India. IIM Shillong
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2011). Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): An influence of organizational environment and individual personalities.. IIM Shillong
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2010). Organizational Growth Through Spiritual Leadership . at SMS Varanasi, in Conference on Spirituality and Ethics in Management.
- Saxena, S., & Rao, T.V. (2015). Measuring and Managing Institutional Environment of Institutes- A representative study. BITS Pilani ICEBM 2015.
- Saxena, S. & Vishwanathan, S. (2012). Framework/s to Improve Entrepreneurial Potential of Developing Countries. 15th UNESCO-APEID International Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia( Paper available on http://www.unescobkk.org/education/apeid/apeid-international-conference/apeidconf11/ .
I am involved in teaching following courses,
- Dark Side of Organisations
- Future of work
- People Analytics
- Industrial relations and Labour Laws
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Experimental Designs for Management
- Creativity for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Human Resource Management
Working on Route camp with Beardo