Program Chair- BBA and Faculty with Ahmedabad University. Pursued Global Faculty Development Program from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Completed PhD on 'Gender Role Congruity in Family Businesses' in 2019.
Involved in teaching and administrative role with Ahmedabad University. Developed skills to analyze & carry out 360 degree feedbacks, CPI analysis and CVF framework, along with designing and teaching courses in the field of Organisational Behavior and Human Resource Management. Presented research work on platforms like UNESCO- APEID, PAN IIM Conferences, AIB. Besides that wrote papers for journals, cases and working papers at IIM- Ahmedabad.
My work also includes developing new courses in the field of Human Resources viz., Future of Work, Dark side of Organisations and People Analytics. The courses are based on some of the most contemporary issues of the organizations which are rested on pure application. I am associated with the development of Foundation program on water where I am involved in behavior and systems domain of organizations.
Recipient of 2020 Ideas Worth Teaching Award by the Aspen Institute Business & Society Program for the course 'Future of Work'. Awarded Best IB Teaching-related panel award by Teaching and Education Shared Interest Group of AIB at AIB, Copenhagen 2019. Panelist, Silver Screen Solutions: Teaching Management Topics Using Recently Released Films, for the 79th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2019. Best Paper Award at iNYS 2019 on Social Interventions in Family businesses of Gujarat at Gujarat University. Won Best Young Case Writer award by ET cases at FLAME conference.
Collaborated for X-Culture and participated in it as an instructor in 2017-18 and 2018-19. X-culture is a virtual business project program.
Podcast talk with The Management Club
Research Interests: Counter Workplace Behavior, People Analytics, Social Network Analysis
- UGRP: Project Ahmedabad: Study of Micro-Entrepreneurs and Enterprises Carrying out research work on understading network theory implications in family businesse, along with Prof Rushi Pandya.
- Carrying out research work on understanding role congruity among female business owners.
- Ahmedabad under MICRO-scope: Study on Micro Scale Entrepreneurs and enterprises along with Prof Rushi Pandya.
- Carrying out research on education for succession planning along with Prof Sudhir Pandey & Prof Amit Diwedi (EDI).
- Carrying out research on behavioral and decision making styles of young family business owner.
- Carried out research on interpersonal trust among creative teams at newly formed teams.
- Carrying out content analysis of open ended 360 feedback reports for R & D organization and PGP batch of IIM Ahmedabad to establish whether base work for understanding. 360 feedback really acting as antecedent for future performance.
- Field work for understanding inclusive practices adopted by Microsign Products, Bhavnagar, company which has won awards for having 80% differently-abled workforce in Manufacturing sector.
- Working on experimental designs and its use in OB teaching going on with Prof Sharvari Dalal.
- Saxena, S., & Pandya, R. (2018) "Gauging underdog entrepreneurship for disabled entrepreneurs", Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Vol. 12 Issue: 1, pp.3-18, https://doi.org/10.1108/JEC-06-2017-0033.
- Saxena, S. (2015). An Empirical study on Decision Making Styles among Students pursuing interest in Sustained Family Businesses. Siddhant- A Journal of Decision Making Year: 2015, Volume: 15, Issue: 2
- Dash, S., & Saxena, S. (2015). Anticipated Work-Family Conflict in the Case of Female Management Students-An Empirical Investigation. Training & Development Journal Year: 2015, Volume: 6, Issue: 1 27- 35 Print ISSN : 2231-0681. Online ISSN : 2231-069X.
- Dash, S., & Saxena, S. (2015). Working Mothers at the Crossroads – Work Family Conflict and Childcare . Siddhant- A Journal of Decision Making Year: 2015, Volume: 15, Issue: 2 134- 142 Print ISSN : 2231-0649. Online ISSN: 2231-0657
- Rao, T.V, Saxena, S., et al (2014). Responding to Industry Needs: Reorienting Management Education . Vikalpa December Issue. Vol 39 (4) – ISSN 0256-0909 Impact factor 0.91
- Saxena, S., & Phagaut, S.(2015). Understanding Organization culture for Acquiring Bank using Quinn’s Competing Value Framework- An Empirical Study. Review of management. (Forth coming issue) ISSN No 2231-0487
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2012) Employee volunteerism: Organisation Oriented Corporate Social responsibility. Voice of Research. June Vol 1(1) – ISSN 2277-773
- Saxena, S. & Thaker, N. (2017) Management lessons not learnt from the visit to Mausar: A perspective on rathyatra Ahmedabad. Presented at IIM Raipur.
- Saxena, S. (2015).WBS Merchandise the case of lost exclusivity. Case presented at FLAME conference. Shortlisted for publication by ET cases.comin there case repository
- Vohra, N., & Saxena, S. (2015). Microsign. Registered case at IIM Ahmedabad (OB Temp 221).
- Saxena, S.S., Pandey, S.K. (2014). We Want MR-F (Multi-Rater Feedback). Journal of Rural and Industrial Development. Vol. 2 (1), April. ISSN: 2321-1873
- Vohra, N., Saxena, S.,& Dadhich, H. (2015). Microsign (Teaching note). Registered at IIM Ahmedabad( OB Temp 221).
- Saxena, S., Dash, S. (2015) Women at Workplace: Work Family Interfaceby Lambert publication. ISBN 978-3659709715.
- Saxena, S. (2015). Value creation through Social Entrepreneurship : A collection of Five Caselets. In CSR & Social Entrepreneurship. Black well publication .
- Saxena, S. (2015). Corporate socialresponsibility: A preview of practices inIndia. In “Advance Management Practices in Business” with ISBN 978-93-83241-64-4.BookRix Gmbh & Co. KgMünchen, Germany.
- Saxena, S. & Arora, R. (2015). Human Capital Management- A New Look to Old Tools. Book publication to be announced
- Saxena, S. & Arora, R. (2015). Human Capital Management- CSR and its impact on Human Resource Management in India”. Book publication to be announced.
- Dash, S., & Saxena , S. (2015). Emerging trends of Innovative Human resource practices in India: An Insight “Innovative Processesfor Transforming HR”. Page no 138-144. Publisher: Excel Publication New Delhi.
- Neerpal, R., & Saxena, S. (2011). Influence of Employee Well-Being of Organizational Commitment". “Organizations in the New Millennium: Challenges and Opportunities”. Page no. 182-187, Publisher: Macmillan Publishers New Delhi.
1. Saxena, S. (2012). New Paradigms of Leadership and Governance. IIM-A Alumnus Magazine. Vol 44(3). IIM Ahmedabad.
Working papers at IIM Ahmedabad
- Rao, T.V. , & Saxena, S. (2014). Measuring and Managing Institutional Environment of Institutes of Professional Education. IIM Ahmedabad. Working paper. W.P. No. IIM Ahmedabad. Working paper. W.P. No.2014-03-05.
- Rao, T.V., Saxena, S., Sherry Chand, V. et. al (2014). What employers value in the MBAs they recruit: Rebalancing the management education curriculum. WP2014- 06-05
- Saxena, S. & Pandya R. (2019). Role congruity intersection in Family Businesses at Family Enterprise Research Conference 2019 at Grossman School of Business. The University of Vermont.
- Pandya, R. Saxena, S. (2019). Dynamics of conflict resolution through emotions and ego-networks: '12 Angry Men', Québec, Canada.
- Saxena, S. & Pandya, R. (2018). Hidden Culture of Entrepreneurial Communities of Old Ahmedabad City, at Seventh Subsistence Marketplaces Conference. This conference is organized by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois.
- Saxena, S. & Gokhru, A. (2018). Gender Role Congruity in Family businesses. Academy of International Business South East Asian Region (Hong Kong).
- Siddhartha Saxena & Gokhru, A. (2018). Study of Gender Social provisions for Role Congruity within Family businesses. PAN IIM conference 2018 at IIM Bangalore.
- Saxena, S. & Sanjana S. (2015). Institutional Environment Measuring Press using Stern’s activity index for a B school at Managing in the Indian Institutional Context at 4th Biennial Conference, IIM Lucknow.
- Saxena, S. & Neerpal,R . (2015). Measuring OCB in Learning Organisation : An empirical study at Managing in the Indian Institutional Context at 4th Biennial Conference, IIM Lucknow.
- Saxena, S., & Saxena, A. (2014). MBAs- What employers want- an indicative study. Conference Proceedings Second Pan IIM Conference. New Delhi: Emerald
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2010). Sustainable Development and Organizational Growth Through Spiritual Leadership. ISOL Foundation. A joint conference by IIT Roorkee and ISOL foundation .
- Saxena, S. & Das, S. (2011). Corporate Social Responsibility: A game changer today and tomorrow. Paper uploaded at Teach CSR.com. Managed by IIM Bangalore.
- Saxena, S, Rathi, N.& Premapuri, P. (2013). Talent Management as a competitive advantage Nurturing excellence. South Asian Management Research and Case Conference, 2013. IIM Banagalore.
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2010). Social Entrepreneurship for creating sustainable business models in India. ICOD at IMT Ghaizabad , New Delhi.
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2010). Corporate – CSR collaboration for creating sustainable business models in India. IIM Shillong.
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2011). Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): An influence of organizational environment and individual personalities. IIM Shillong.
- Saxena, S. & Premapuri, P. (2010). Organizational Growth Through Spiritual Leadership. at SMS Varanasi, in Conference on Spirituality and Ethics in Management.
- Saxena, S., & Rao, T.V. (2015). Measuring and Managing Institutional Environment of Institutes- A representative study. BITS Pilani ICEBM 2015.
- Saxena, S. & Vishwanathan, S. (2012). Framework/s to Improve Entrepreneurial Potential of Developing Countries. 15th UNESCO-APEID International Conference, Jakarta, Indonesia( Paper available on http://www.unescobkk.org/education/apeid/apeid-international-conference/apeidconf11/ .
Teaching Interests: Counter Workplace Behavior, People Analytics, Network Theory
I am involved in teaching the following courses:
- Future of Work
- Dark Side of Organisations
- People Analytics
- Industrial relations and Labour Laws
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organisation Process
- Human Resource Management
- Behavior Lab
- Identity & Behaviour
- Network & Behaviour [involves SNA (Social Network Analysis)]
- Worked on Route camp with Beardo (Marico Group)
- Consulted SEWA (Self Employed Women Association)
- Recipient of 2020 Ideas Worth Teaching Award by the Aspen Institute Business & Society Program for the course 'Future of Work'.
- Awarded Best IB Teaching-related panel award by Teaching and Education Shared Interest Group of AIB at AIB, Copenhagen 2019.
- Panelist, Silver Screen Solutions: Teaching Management Topics Using Recently Released Films, for the 79th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 2019.
- Best Paper Award at iNYS 2020 on Research on Family businesses at Gujarat University.
- Best Paper Award at iNYS 2019 on Social Interventions in Family businesses of Gujarat at Gujarat University.
- Won Best Young Case Writer award by ET cases at FLAME conference.