Poonam Dugar is currently working as a faculty in Finance Accounting & Control Area, teaching courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of the Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University. She has completed her M.Com, is a qualified Chartered Accountant and is currently pursuing her Ph.D in Commerce, on the topic " A Study of Venture Capital Firms in India" from Gujarat University. Her areas of interest include Financial and Cost Accounting, Taxation, Venture Capital and Private Equity. She is the co-ordinator of the Association of Chartered Certified Accoutants qualification programme at the University.
- Pursuing Ph. D, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Thesis Entitled: “The Study of Venture Capital Firms in India”
- Published a chapter titled "Investment Trends in Venture Capital and Private Equity in India" in Advances in Finance & Applied Economics (pp. 213-235). Springer, 2018.
- Published a research paper titled “ Growth of Venture Capital and Private Equity in India” in the Journal of Private Equity; Winter 2017, 21(1),79-93
- Published a research paper titled “ Convergence to IND AS 16: Changes and Implications” in The IUP Journal of Accounting Research and Audit Practices; Volume-XIV, No.-3, Pg: 7-28,July 2015, ISSN: 0972-690X
- Published a research paper titled “Creative Accounting Practices: Concept, Practices and Measures” in FOCUS; The International Journal, published by Institute of Finance and International Management (IFIM, Business School), Bangalore, Volume-10, Issue-2, October-March, 2015; ISSN:0973-9165.
- A paper on Managing the IFRS Changeover: Convergence of Ind AS 16 wit IAS 16, co authored by Prof.Vibha Tripathi, published by Zenith International Research & Academic Foundation (ZIRAF) in the November 2012 issue of Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research(ZIZMR) (Vol. 2 Issue 11. Pages 312-321, ISSN Online : 2231-5780)
Current: Senior Lecturer, Finance, Accounting and Control Area at the Amrut Mody School of Commerce, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad (June-2010 -)
Teaching various courses of Accounting and Taxation at Undergraduate and post graduate level including:
- Direct Taxes
- Business Taxation
- Cost Accounting
- Tax Planning for Non-Corporates
- Associated with B.K.M.I.B.A- H.L.B.B.A, Ahmedabad as Visiting Faculty (2004-2010) for the subjects of Principles of Accountancy, Company Accounts, Financial Projects and Direct Taxes
- Associated with H.L. Institute of Commerce, Ahmedabad as Visiting Faculty from (2004-2006) and 2009 for the subjects of Accountancy and Taxation
- Association with Saint Kabir Institute of Professional Studies, Ahmedabad as Visiting Faculty for the subject of Management Accounting and Direct and Indirect Taxes for (August 2009- February 2010)
- Association with IBS-ICFAI, Ahmedabad as Visiting Faculty for the subject of Accounting for Managers (July 09 –September-2010)
- Worked as Visiting Faculty with Sikkim Manipal University, Idea Foundation, Ahmedabad, for the courses of M.B.A. dealing with subjects of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting and Mercantile Law (May2005-January2006)
- Paper titled Growth of Venture Capital and Private Equity in India presented in October,2017 at National Conference on Finance and Applied Economics at Pune
- Paper titled Creative Accounting Practices: Concept, Practices and Measures, presented in October 2014 at 15th Annual Conference of the Asian Academic Accounting Association in association with IFIM Business School in Bangalore.
- Paper titled Managing the IFRS Changeover: Convergence of Ind AS 16 with IAS 16, presented in April 2012 at International Conference on Contemporary innovative Practices in Management in the area of finance at Pacific university, Udaipur.
Your browser is out-of-date!
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser.Update my browser now!