Hetal Jhaveri is a faculty at Amrut Mody School of Management with over 26 years of industry and academic experience.
She has done her doctoral research in Retail Banking Innovations. She attended Executive Programme, at the Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK. Her Post Graduation is in commerce with a specialization in Management. She holds a Diploma in Business Finance from ICFAI. She has more than 6 years of corporate experience in the fields of project finance, equity research and leasing & Hire purchase. She is a full time academician for more than 20 years. She has been a faculty at various Management Development Programmes and Executive Programmes. She teaches courses in Financial Management, Financial Markets and Institutions, Corporate Restructuring, Bank Management, and Venture Capital & Private Equity at M.B.A. and Banking at the undgergraduate programmes. She is also guiding and mentoring candidates at the post graduate and doctoral level programmes.
Hetal's research work is primarily in the areas of Banking, Entrepreneurial Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions are her key research interest areas. She has presented various research papers in national and international conferences and has published material in the form of chapter in book on entrepreneurship. She is on the Editorial Board and is associated as reviewer with national and international journals.
Hetal's research interests include -
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Financial Services
- Capital Structure and Distribution Decisions
PUBLICATION / CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Saraf Dipti. (2018) Spin-Offs In India: Do They Add Value To The Shareholders’ Wealth ? Paper presented in SIMS Annual International Research Conference – 2018, Symbiosis Institute of Management, Pune.
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Rawat, Binny. (2017) An Empirical Analysis of Relationship between Dividend Payments and Capital Structure of A Group Companies Listed on BSE. Paper presented in India Finance Conference 2017, IIM-Bangalore
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Rawat, Binny. (2017) An Empirical Analysis of Relationship between Dividend Payments and Capital Structure of Selected Companies Listed on The Bombay Stock Exchange, India. Paper presented at the International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance 2017, Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur, India, July 7-8, 2017.
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Saraf Dipti. (2017) Do Demergers Add Value? A Case Based Study in Indian Context, Paper presented in Doctoral Research Conference in Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad and Published in the proceedings of Anvesh 2017,
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Choksi, Anjali. (2014) Crowdfunding in India : A Study of Indian Online Crowdfunding Platforms. Paper published in IFRSA Business Review, IFRSA, (ISSN (Print): 2249 –8168), (ISSN (Online): 2249 –5444).
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Choksi, Anjali. (2013) Corporate Venture Capital Industry: Issues, Practices and Marketing Strategies. Paper preseneted in NICOM 2013 and published in Consumer Behaviour and Emerging Practices in Marketing, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, ISBN : 978-93-5097-411-7
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Choksi, Anjali. (2012) Role of a VC in nurturing a venture – A case study. Paper presented in 2nd National Conference on Managing for tomorrow, Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad and published in proceedings ISBN:978 – 81 – 922983-2-0
- Jhaveri, Hetal. (2010) Usage of Banking Services by Tourists of Gujarat. Paper presented in the National Conference on Managaing for Tomorrow at AES Post Graduate Institute of Business Management
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Bhatt, S. K. (2008) Disclosure of Corporate Governance – Building Investor Confidence - A Case of Infosys Technologies Ltd. Paper presented in UGC SAP-DRS National Seminar on Corporate Disclosure in India held at P.G. Department of Business Studies, S.P. University and Published in The Accounting World, ICFAI Press, ISSN : 0972-5164
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Bhatt, S. K. (2008) Microfinance : A One-Stop Shop for Financial Services to the Poor. Paper presented in 60th Annual All India Commerce Conference organised by Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Paper published in Management Trends, Department of Business Management, Saurashtra University, ISSN : 0973-9203
- Jhaveri, Hetal. (2007) Microfinance – A Study on Effectiveness of SEWA Bank. Paper presented in International Conference on Management, IBSA-ICON 07 by ICFAI
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Bhatt, S. K. (2006) Infrastructure and Economic Development in India. Paper presented in 59th Annual All India Commerce Conference organized by Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Jain, Amit, Aagja, Jayesh, Trivedi, Aarti. (2006) Level of Awareness for Tourism and Tourism Related Activities – A Study of Gujarat. Paper presented in National Seminar on Consumer Research in India held at G. H. Patel Post Graduate Institute of Business Management, S. P. University
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Dave Niyati. (2017) Mainstreaming Alternative Finance: Role of Angel Investors and Angel Investments. Edited book “Business and Competitive Advantage : Creating and Sustaining Ideas to solve Contemporary Issues in Recent Era”, Ruby Press & Co., ISBN: 978-81-933788-1-6, pp 168-178.
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Mehta, Bijal. (2014) Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Gujarat. Edited book, “Entrepreneurship in the Era of Globalisation”, Sunmarg Publishers, ISBN: 938260609-2.
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Choksi, Anjali.Crowdfunding in Practice, Ahmedabad Chartered Accountants Journal, Jan. 2017 (Vol. 40, part 10)
- Jhaveri, Hetal, Choksi, Anjali. Crowdfunding - A Mode Of Risk Financing, Ahmedabad Chartered Accountants Journal, Dec. 2016 (Vol. 40, part 9)
- Jhaveri, Hetal. Crowdfunding : A Support To Budding Student Entrepreneurs, DNA Ahmedabad Edition, June 17, 2015
Hetal has taught courses -
- Financial Managemeent
- New Enterprise Financing
- Financial Markets & Institutions
- Corporate Restructuring
- Bank Management
Book /Chapter Review :
- Pedagogical review of interactives from Core reading for Finance Core Curriculum Series of Harvard Business Publishing, Dec. 2015.
- Reviewed a chapter on NPV and Capital Budgeting, for Finance Core Curriculum Series of Harvard Business Publishing, Jan. 2015.
- Reviewed chapters of Indian Financial System, 2/ed., Pathak, Bharti, Pearson Publication
Chaired Sessions / Panellist
- Chaired a session (Finance) in Perspective (2015), 2nd National Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management, organized by Shri Chimanbhai Patel Institute of Management & Research, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
- Panel member in the Symposium (2014) - UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Issues, Prospects and Challenges of Micro-Finance & Micro-Credit” at M. M. Shah Mahila Arts College, Kadi.
- Chaired 2 sessions (Finance) (2012) in the 2nd National Conference on Managing for tomorrow, organized by Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
Editorial Board :
- Member of board of reviewers for MERC Global's International Journal of Management since Aug. 2014.
Corporate Training :
- EDP on How to Raise Finance organised by National Institute for Entrepreneurship & Small Business Development (NIESBUD, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship) on July 23, 2016 for budding entrepreneurs.
- Conducted training session on “Finance for Non-Finance” for various project heads of JMC Projects Ltd. at Kalpataru, Gandhinagar in May 2009.
Pre-funding Evaluation for Capacity Building of Panchayat Raj Functionaries at Rapar Block, Kutchh for AWAG. It was an evaluation for Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART – under Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India).
Other Professional Activities
- Member, RDC for Doctoral Programme in Management, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad since 2015
- Life Member, All India Commerce Teachers’ Association.
- Life Member, Gujarat and North Gujarat Commerce Teachers’ Association
Your browser is out-of-date!
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser.Update my browser now!