Dr Dinesh Barot is an Assistant Professor in Technology, Operations & Decision Sciences area. A gold medalist at the master's level, he acquired his Ph.D. in 2016, with a specialization in Reliability, Life-testing and Bayesian inferences. His research involved Empirical Bayes Estimates of Reliability Performances of Some Life Time Models. Dr Barot has presented his research at various international and national conferences. Some of these include presentations at IIT Roorkee, IIMA, Banaras University, Aligarh University and Mumbai University. He has been an Academic Visitor to H L Centre for Professional Education and Gujarat University.. He has published 12 research papers in refereed international journals, His significant contribution to the field of research was recognized with the Excellence in Research Award in 2015.
Academically, while pursuing my postgraduate degree (MSc), Gujarat University awarded “Shri Nanubhai Maneklal Munsha Gold Medal”, “Shrimati Nathiba Hargovandas Laxmichand Gold Medal”, and “Late Prof. Chinubhai Ghelabhai Khatri Memorial Gold Medal” to me for securing the first position with distinction at the University examination.
Dr. Barot started his teaching career in 1999 as a lecturer of Statistics at H.L. Institute of Commerce, which became a constituent of Ahmedabad University. He has been with Ahmedabad University since its inception in 2009. During these years, he has been extensively involved in academic, Cultural and Sports administration. He has been an in-charge of the AU Diagnostic test and the Bridge courses of the University since 2014.
He strongly believes in continual advance of knowledge by reading literature, identifying gaps, and proposing new initiatives to be a lifelong learner. In short, “BELIEVE IN SMART WORK NOT IN SMART WORDS”
Presented Research Papers
2015: 1. Research paper entitled “Performance of Estimates of Reliability Parameters for Compounded Rayleigh Progressive Type II Censored Data” presented at the International Conference on “Modelling, Simulation, and Optimizing Techniques (ICMSOT -2015)” organized by the Post Graduate Department of Mathematics, Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College, during February 12 - 14, 2015.
2013: 1. Research paper entitled “Bayesian estimation of Reliability indexes for cold standby system under general progressive Type II censored data” presented at the National Conference on “Statistics for Research and Development” jointly organized by the Gujarat Statistical Association and GLS (M R Parikh) Institute of Commerce on October 12, 2013.
2. Research paper entitled “Risk efficiencies of EB and GML estimates of a Rayleigh model under the progressive Type II censored data” presented at International Conference on “Role of Statistics in the Advancement of Science and Technology” organized by University of Pune during December 16 - 18, 2013.
2012: Research paper entitled “Empirical Bayesian Inference for Rayleigh Distribution under Progressive Type II Censored Samples” presented at the National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Applied Statistics” jointly organized by the Gujarat Statistical Association and H. L. College of Commerce on March 31, 2012.
2011: 1. Research paper entitled “Empirical Bayes Estimators of Reliability Parameters of Rayleigh Distribution using Linex loss and General Entropy loss functions under Progressive Type -II Censored samples” presented at International Conference on "APPLIED MATHEMATICS & STATISTICS" jointly organized by Department of Mathematics and Department of Statistics, Gujarat University during December 16 - 18, 2011.
2. Research paper entitled “Empirical Bayes Estimators of Reliability Parameters of Rayleigh Distribution using Linex loss and General Entropy loss functions under Progressive Type - II Censored samples” presented at International Conference on “Advances in Modelling, Optimization and Computing” organized by Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology (Roorkee) during December 5 - 7 , 2011.
3. Research paper entitled “Consumer’s Perception on Direct to Home Services in Ahmedabad City” presented at UGC sponsored 26th GSA National Conference on “Recent Applications in Statistics” organized by Department of Statistics, Saurashtra University during March 26th, 2011.
4. Research paper entitled “A Comparative study of Direct to Home Services and Cable Services in Ahmedabad City” presented at International Conference on “New Trends in Life Testing, Bayesian Inference, Sampling Theory, Bio-Statistics, Bio-Informatics and Computer Applications” organized by Department of Statistics, Banaras Hindu University during January 5 - 8, 2011.
2000: 1. Research paper entitled “An Inventory Model under Marketing Policies and Stock Dependent Consumption Rate” presented at UGC Sponsored National Level seminar on “Inventory Control and Management” organized by Department of Statistics, Gujarat University during December 22–24, 2000.
2. Research paper entitled “Deterministic Inventory System for Deteriorating Items with Inventory Level Dependent Rate and Shortages” at the XXXIII Convention of the Operational Research Society of India Convention organized by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad during December 14 - 16, 2000.
Conference / Seminar Attended
2015: One Day International Seminar on "Applied Mathematics and Statistics (ISAMS - 2015)", organized by Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Gujarat University on
10 January 2015.
2014: Faculty Seminar on Building Research Culture by Prof. Shyam Sunder, Yale School of Management, organized by the Ahmedabad University during January 2-3, 2014.
2013: 1. Research Workshop for Faculty Members organized by Ahmedabad University, on November 30, 2013.
2. Research Workshop for Faculty Members organized by Ahmedabad University, on November 16, 2013.
2010: 1. Two-days UGC sponsored national seminar on “Impact of Statistics on Science and Society” organized by M.G. Science Institute, Ahmedabad, during February 25-26, 2010.
2. One-day Seminar on “ERP” organized at AES institute of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad, by AESICS-CSI Student branch of Computer Society of India., on November 29, 2010.
2009: 1. One-day seminar on “Social Quotient: An Introspection” jointly organized by H. L. Institute of Commerce, Ahmedabad and The Difference, on December 1, 2009.
2. One-day state level seminar on “Statistical Computing with MS Excel, Open Office Calc and SPSS” jointly organized by the GLS Institute of Computer Technology and Department of Statistics, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, on October 3, 2009.
2008: 1. One-day state level conference on “Economics and Applied Statistics” organized by S. M. Patel Institute of Commerce, Ahmedabad, on July 26, 2008.
2. Three-days VI International Symposium on Optimization and Statistics organized by Department of Statistics and Operations Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, during December 29-31, 2008.
2007: 1. One-day inter college meet organized by Collegiate Women’s Development Committee at H. L. Institute of Commerce, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, on August 18, 2007.
2. Two-days National Workshop of “Intellectual Property Protection and Management for R & D Institutions” organized jointly by the EU-INDIA TRADE AND INVESTMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME, TIDP, Intellectual Property Rights Component and NID at the NID Campus, Ahmedabad, on March 16, 2007.
3. One day Seminar on “Role of Statistics on Socio Economic Planning” jointly organized by Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Gandhinagar and Department of Statistics, Gujarat University Ahmedabad, on June 29, 2007.
4. Three days conference in ICS - 2007 organized by University of Mumbai from May 31, 2007 to June 2, 2007 at Vidyanagari, Mumbai, on May 31, 2007 to June 2, 2007.
5. Two-days seminar on “Recent trends in Bio-Medical Statistics” organized by Department of Statistics, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad during February 24 - 25, 2007.
2006: Two days 25th Annual Gujarat Statistical Association conference organized by B. P. College of Computer Studies, Gandhinagar, during October 14 - 15, 2006.
2003: Two days 24th Annual Gujarat Statistical Association conference organized by Department of Statistics, Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar, during October 11- 12, 2003.
1999: One day Seminar on “Operation Research / Operation Management” organized by the Gujarat Statistical Association at Department of Statistics, Gujarat University, on January 7, 1999.
1997: One day Seminar on “Statistical Quality Control” organized by the Gujarat Statistical Association at Department of Statistics, Gujarat University, during October 12-3, 1997.
2013: Faculty Development Program on “Research and Consultancy for Academicians” organized by IBS Business School, Ahmedabad on July 27, 2013.
2010: 1. Faculty Development Programme organized by the Gujarat Statistical Association (GSA) and H. L. College of Commerce, Ahmedabad on October 31, 2010.
2. Faculty Development Programme on “Experimental Learning and Instructional System Design” organized by Xcellon Institute, Ahmedabad on February 15, 2010.
2008: Faculty Development Program organized by ICFAI University on May 31, 2008.
2005: Orientation Course organized by Academic Staff College, Gujarat University from April 12, 2005 to May 9, 2005.
2003: The UGC sponsored Refresher Course in “Statistics” organized by Academic Staff College, Gujarat University from March 11, 2005 to March 31, 2003.
Posterior Analysis of the Compound Rayleigh Distribution under Balanced Loss Functions for Censored Data”
“Hierarchical Bayes Estimation of Reliability Indexes of Cold Standby Series System under General Progressive Type II Censoring Scheme”
Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 15(2), 2016, 671 – 695, 2016.
Wayne State University, MICHIGAN.
“Preference of Estimation Approach for Rayleigh Progressive Type II Data”
Journal of Natural Sciences Research, Vol. 5(3), pp. 11 - 17, 2015.
ISSN: 2224-5804 (Print) ; 2225-0522 (Online)
IISTE-International Knowledge Sharing Platform, USA.
"Performance of Estimates of Reliability Parameters for Compounded Rayleigh Progressive Type II Censored Data”
Control Theory and Modelling, Vol. 5(2), pp. 33 - 41, 2015.
ISSN: 2224-5804 (Print); 2225-0522 (Online)
IISTE-International Knowledge Sharing Platform, USA.
“Risk functions of Rayleigh Model under Progressive Type II Censored Samples: Empirical Bayes approach”
Journal of Probability and Statistical Science, Vol. 13(1), pp. 103-120, 2015.
© 2015 Susan Rivers’ Cultural Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Republic of China.
"Posterior Risks of Estimates under Balanced Loss Functions for Progressive Type II Censored Data”
Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, Vol. 10(2015), pp. 73-87, 2015.
ISSN: 1574-1699 (Print) ; 1875-9068 (Online
IOS Press, STM Publishing House, Birmingham, USA.
"Empirical Bayes Estimates of Rayleigh Distribution with EWMEL and Logarithmic Loss Functions for Censored Samples”
Jordan Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Vol. 7(2), pp. 147-170, 2014.
ISSN: 2075-7905 (Print) ; 2227-5487 (Online)
The Deanship of Research and Graduate Studies, Yarmouk University, JORDAN.
"Risk Efficiencies of Empirical Bayes and Generalized Maximum Likelihood Estimates for Rayleigh Model under Censored Data”
Journal of Probability and Statistics, Vol. 2014(2014), 2014.
ISSN: 1687-952X (Print) ; 1687-9538 (Online)
Hindawi Publishing Corporation, New York, USA.
"Bayesian Estimation of Reliability Indexes for Cold Standby System under General Progressive Type II Censored Data”
International Journal Quality and Reliability Management, Vol. 31(3), pp. 311-343, 2014.
ISSN: 0265-671X (Print)
Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Howard House, UK
"Empirical Bayesian Inference for Rayleigh Model under Progressive Censored Samples”Type II
Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, Vol. 8(2), pp. 71-100, 2013.
ISSN: 1930-6792 (Print) ; ISOSS Publication, Lahore, PAKISTAN.
"A Comparative Study of Direct to Home Services and Cable Services in Ahmedabad City”
Abhidrushti Sanshodan Vishesank, Vol. 1, pp. 211-226, 2014.
ISSN: 0971-6629 (Print)
"Deterministic Inventory Model for Deterioration Items with Inventory Level Dependent Demand Rate and Shortages”
Economics Computation and Vol. 39(1-4), pp. 235-242, 2005.Economics Cybernetics Studies and Research,
ISSN: 0424-267X ;EISSN: 1842-3264
Academy of Economic Studies, Romania.
Courses taught at various levels:
Basic Statistics & Mathematics
Statistics for Decision Making
Quantitative Methods for Business
Elements of Mathematics
Membership of Professional Bodies:
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser.Update my browser now!