Transportation is growing faster than ever before. It is of utmost importance to develop futuristic solutions to provide safe, efficient, reliable, and sustainable transportation. The driverless cars, aerial-ground based delivery robots, on-demand public transport are already a reality. The intelligent transport system (ITS) uses ICT within infrastructure and vehicles to provide greener and safer transportation. The future will need intelligent techniques with high-speed communication networks to support the data-driven mobility market. It is also essential to look for novel material and renewable energy resources to metamorphose the way people and goods move around the world.
Develop innovative solutions for safe, sustainable, and efficient transport systems for local cities, India, and the world.
- Develop safe solutions by handling problems in the areas of driver assistance systems, behavioural modeling, physical adversarial examples, and road safety.
- Develop sustainable solutions by handling simulation studies in the EV charging infrastructure development, development of EV platform, and education in ITS.
- Develop efficient solutions by handling problems in the areas of C-V2X communication, vehicular signal processing, smart infrastructure-(parking), intelligent traffic flow and control, actionable data and decision support.
- To explore the sub-areas of ITS, which can benefit from the use and application of ICT/CS tools and technologies
- To develop solutions for ITS, categorised as follows:
- Support systems (Software and Hardware):
- Examples: Parking systems, road safety audit systems, vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-node communications, autonomous driving
- Examples: Ecosystem for electric vehicles
Chair and Co-Chair
Chair - Professor Mehul Raval
Cochair - Professor Mazad Zaveri
Mehul Raval, Mazad Zaveri , Sanjay Chaudhary, Sanket Patel, Sham Gurav, Srikrishnan Divakaran, Shashi Prabh, Dhaval Patel, Maryam Kaveshgar, Kuntal Patel, Shefali Naik, Minal Pathak, Anurag Lakhlani, Pratik Trivedi
Sanjiv Kumar Jha, Manohar Patil, Ravi Darji, Sudhir Naik