PhD (Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University)
Research Interests: Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Network, Programming Foundations, Data Science, Web Analytics, Google Apps For Enhancing Teaching Learning Processes.
Dr Kuntal Patel is currently working as an Assistant Professor at School of Engineering and Applied Science, Ahmedabad University. He is a certified Cyber Security Professional. He has published more than 25 research papers at peer-reviewed Journals and Conferences. He is actively involved in Google, ACM-India and Govt. of Gujarat supported Activity Based Learning Project called CS-Pathshala. He is an editorial board member of Computer Science textbook of Gujarat State Education Board and contributes to GSEB’s 10th standard CS textbook content and reviews those of 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th standards. He is also a member of the Computer Science editorial team of National Institute of Open Schooling, Regional Center Gandhinagar. He is the professional member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and a lifetime member of CSI and ISTE.
Broad area of research
• Information Security, Cyber Security, IT Tools for Enhancing Teaching Learning Processes
Areas of expertise and interest
• Data and Information Security
• Cyber Security, Computer Network and Google Analytics
• Computer Programming Foundations
• Google Apps for Enhancing Teaching Learning Process
Project Title: Implementation of Recently Introduced Cryptographic algorithms for Data Security (2018)
• Scope and objectives: The value of digital data stored on information system is growing significantly. Any networked based applications are susceptible to attacks. This research explains how some of the cryptographic mechanisms can be useful to enhance data security in the information systems. Main objective of the research is to analyses performance of well-known symmetric key cryptographic algorithms for providing security to critical information of the systems.
• Research outcomes: Experimental results and analytical graphical reports of this research make clear which algorithm is more suitable for small and large text data files. Proposed result is useful to enhance the performance and security of data stored on network based applications like Online Quiz and Question Paper Generation. Research output is published as journal article “Performance analysis of AES, DES and Blowfish cryptographic algorithms on small and large data files”. Read more at https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs41870-018-0271-4
Project Title: Designing Examination System for Divyangs - visually impaired people (2017)
• Name of other project members: Dr. Mukesh Patel (Physiotherapist, Deaf Mute Society, Ahmedabad)
• Scope and objectives: To design examination system software for visually impaired people with controlled access to specified people.
Under Graduate Research Project
Project Title: Analysis of Cyber Safety Awareness amongst Netizens of Ahmedabad University (2017)
• Name of other project members: Prof. Bipin Mehta, Yash Mehta( B. Tech. ICT), Ankit Sharma (B. Com.)
• Scope and objectives: The main objective of this research was to assess the cyber safety awareness of the respondents. Literature review was performed to identify parameters which reflect the Cyber Security awareness. A questionnaire based on such fundamentals of Cyber security was designed to record the responses of the students of Ahmedabad University. A survey was conducted using online Google Apps.
Publications in Conference Proceedings
Monsoon 2019-20 Semester
Winter 2018-19 Semester
Winter 2017-18 Semester
Association with Professional Bodies
Editorial Board Member