Research Interests: Organisational Behaviour, Human Resource Management
A UGC fellow in 2003 and an academician hence, Ekta Sharma has been engaged in post-graduate teaching and research activities. She earned her doctorate from University of Rajasthan in 2005 with the honouring of her thesis titled, "Corporatization of Hospitals: Entrepreneurial Behaviour,Service Dimensions- A Case Study Approach".
Dr. Sharma has presented research papers in reputed National and International Conferences and has over thirty publications in peer-reviewed, indexed journals published out of India and abroad. She’s an author of a book titled, Human Resource Management- A Strategic Approach, to be published by Pearson Education.
Her research interest has aligned her to journals as a reviewer, to the Thesis Advisory Committee of Ahmedabad University and to AMET University, Chennai as an external Ph.D. guide.
Dr. Sharma is the recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Research award in 2015. Her area of academic interest is Human Resource and Organizational Behaviour
Research Papers Published in Journals
1. Spiral of Silence' in India? A Validation through Public Response to Demonetisation in India
a. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Relations 20 (1), Pages 59-75
2. ‘HR Branding: Raising the Visibility and Value of HR’. The HR Agenda. Vol.70 Issue 3, November 2018. Published by The Japan HR Society. (EDITORIAL)
3. ‘Creativity Nurturing Behaviour Scale for Teachers’. International Journal of Educational Management. September,2018.
4. ‘Professional Moral Courage to Combat Ethical Challenges In The Workplace’. International journal of development and Conflict. June 2018.
5. ‘Engaging Employee Perception for Effective Corporate Social Responsibility: Role of Human Resource Professionals’ in Global Business Review, 19.1 Jan-Feb, 2018.
6. ‘Teaching Sustainability through Traditional Wisdom: A Conceptual Framework for Business Studies’ in Current Science, 113(25) July, 2017.
7. Institution Building in Higher Education: IIMK& AU Experiences. The Indian Journal Of Industrial Relations,52(2),October 2016. Pp.192.(Co-authored).
8. Stress: Indefensible syndrome of defensive Lawyers. Indian Journal of Training and Development,46(1), January-March, 2016.pp.23-37.
9. An Investigation into the Expectations of the Recruiters and the Preparedness of the Management Graduates for Effective On-Job Performance. The IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Vol. X, No. 1, March, 2016, pp 1-10 (Co-authored).
10. Work Life Balance Index of Indian Professions: Food for thought for policy formulators (2015). Journal of Basic and Applied Research International. Vol 15. Issue 3. Pp. 168-174.
11. Mapping Personality to Enhance Personal Effectiveness.(2015) Prabandhan::Indian Journal of Management. Vol.8, No.12. 44-55.
12. Role of Human Resource Department In Augmenting CSR Practices In Family Run Businesses In India: A Case Study Approach (2015).Review of Human Resource Management. Vol.4 No. 1 ISSN 2249-4650 (Co-authored)
13. Creativity Assessment of Students Pursuing Higher Education (2015). International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. Vol 2.May 2015. (Print) ISSN 2201-1315---(Online) ISSN 2201-1323.
14. Role of Higher Education Institutions towards developing the Human Capital of the world through competency mapping (2015). Journal of Business Economics and Management Sciences Vol. 2(1), pp.1-9, February 2015.
15. Employee Perception towards Talent Management practices (2015). European Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2015, pp.99-108.
16. Stressors: A Challenge for the Faculty Members of the Higher Educational Institutions (2014). Case Studies in Business and Management, Dec,2014, Vol. 1, No. 2 pp no. 22-33.
17. Developing Entrepreneurial Instincts Among Students:Preventive and Curative Measure against Unemployment (2014). IMS MANTHAN- The Journal of Innovations Volume IX, Issue 1, June 2014.
18. Generation Gap In Family Business Comparison of Entrepreneurial traits of first and Second Generation Entrepreneurs (2013). BEST: International Journal of Humanities, Arts, Medicine and Sciences (BEST : IJHAMS). Vol. 1, Issue 1, 7-13
19. Empirical study of employee perception regarding knowledge management in India (2013). Pezzottaite Journals.Pp. 12-18, Vol 2, No.3.
20. Personality Mapping –a tool to analyse achievement orientation(2013).i Business, Volume 5, Issue 2 (June 2013), Pp. 59-64
21. Perception of Human Resource professionals towards Human resource audit (2013). 'The International Journal's Research Journal Of Social Science And Management' Vol.3 No.1, pp.no.40-48
22. Impact of positive psychology at work place-self wellbeing and experiences at workplace Indian Journal Of Health And Wellbeing. March 2013, volume 4, Iss. , pp. 80-82.
23. Personality Mapping: Wand to ensure organizational Performance (2014).Journal of Business theory and Practice. Feb 2014.Vol.2,No.1, 2014. Pp. 13-27.
24. Stress audit: A tool to attain Work Life Balance (2013). European Journal of Commerce and Management research , volume2 issue 6,June 2013, pp. no. 98-103
25. Determinants of cross-cultural adjustment among expatriate employees: The role of personality (2012).Global Disclosure of Economics and Business, Volume 1, Number 1/2012.Pp. 31-43.
26. HR Issues And Intervention Model For Family Business(2012).International journal of business economics and management research. Vol.2 Issue 12, DEC 2012 .ZIJBEMR, pp. 288-297.
27. Change in the Job Choice: A Matter of Dissonance (2012).International Journal of Applied Research & Studies. Vol 3,Jun-Aug 2012
28. Motivating Factors For Job Choice: Tool To Acquire & Retain Talent In The Organization (2012). International Journal of Applied Human Resource Management. Vol 2(2). June 2012. pp. 108-119.
29. Employee counselling clinics (2012). International Journal of Human development & management sciences. vol-1, no-1-2, pp. 23-33.Jan-Dec 2012.
30. Personality mapping: tool to understand interpersonal need and enhance performance (2011). South Asian Journal of Mgmt research. SAJMR, Vol. 1, Number, , pp. 21
31. Mapping motivational orientation (2011). International journal of research in commerce & mgmt. vol 1.8 Dec 2011 pp. 110-117.
32. Personality mapping- guide to stress mgmt. (2011). Indian journal of health & well being. pp.126-134.
33. Interpersonal needs usher to the profession (2011). Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, vol 37 .Special Issue. pp.86-91.(ISSN:0019-4247).
34. Entrepreneurial Drive among Indian Women: An empirical Study (2010). Abhigyan. Volume 28 no.3, pp.-47-58;(ISSN:0970-2385).
35. Global adjustment perspective of Indian Professional (2011). Global business review. Volume 12 number 1. February 2011, pp.87-98, (ISSN PRINT:0972-1509 ; ONLINE ISSN:0973-0664).
36. Role Stress amongst Doctors (2005). Journal of health management. Volume 7 number 1, pp.151-156.
• “Demonetization a drive towards digital economy, Times of India, Ahmedabad, Feb 20 2017
• “Continuity of Strategies, Action: Prerequisites for quality in higher education”, DNA, Ahmedabad, May 2015.
Strategic Human Resource Management, Pearson Education.
Chapters in Books
• Published a case titled, Winds of Change, in Renvoi, A book of Case Studies, Penguin , India in October, 2017
• Co-authored with Dr. AH Kalro, a Chapter In book, Nurturing Institutional Excellence. CHAPTER “Leadership in Institutional Building at IIM-K”, Macmillan Publishing ltd. ISBN 9780230321939.
• “Role Of HR In Knowledge Management: An Empirical Analysis”, In The Book Titled " Value Creation For Competitive Differentiation-Emerging Trends In HRM, Publisher- Excel Books Publishers. ISBN 8174469281
• “Contemporory Issues In Management Research’-Edited By David Jawahar.(chapter no.-6-“PMS model for public sector”-page.93). ISBN: 8174467092 ; first edition-2009, published by Excel Books.
April 2001 to May 2002 - One year teaching experience at Indian International Institute of Management, Jaipur
June 2004 to present working with Amrut Mody School Of Management(AMSOM), Ahmedabad University) as Asst.Professor - HR & OB.
Doctoral Program Affiliation
Editorial board Member and Reviewer
Membership to other organization