Regular Fellowship Program
This full time program includes application of principles of design, engineering, finance, business management and collaboration through a unique methodology that would equip them with the ability to create sustainable ventures. The duration of program is typically 1-2 years but could be accelerated or require additional time based on the nature of the Startup.
- Applications accepted across multiple domains but special consideration to be given to product based ventures with tangible/novel intellectual property in areas such as Life Sciences/Healthcare, Defence related applications, Smart and Inclusive technologies in areas such as Energy, Agro, Water, Transport, Environment etc.
- Idea/ Product /Venture should be innovative, substantially differentiated from competition and have the potential to scale up to the national / international market.
- Applications accepted at fairly evolved ideation stage with an initial hypothesis/ line of sight to final product/service based on research/analysis.
- Willing to be physically incubated at Ahmedabad during the program.
- It should not have received formal funding from investors.
- Pre-seed funding for qualified Startups from Government of Gujarat, Department of Science & Technology NIDHI-Promoting and Accelerating Young and Aspiring innovators &Startups (NIDHI-PRAYAS), Entrepreneur-In-Residence (NIDHI-EIR), Seed Support Scheme (NIDHI- SSS), BIRAC and other agencies.
- Seed funding for qualified Startups from Ahmedabad Angel Network (AAN)/ other angel networks.
- Co working space with office facilities such as internet Wi-Fi connectivity, meeting rooms, printing & fax, The fellows work closely in teams with VentureStudio’s network – mentors, faculty, investors, partner organizations – and utilize the in-house and extended facilities to develop their venture spanning ideation, formation, validation and commercialization.
- Access to Maker lab/ Bioincubator/ Workshop/ Lab facilities on an as needed basis.
- Approved for 9000 Sq. state of art Bio incubation space supported by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
Network & Domain Expertise
- Access to mentor network (Ahmedabad Venture Alliance 100+) spanning academia and industry.
- Access to 50+ Ahmedabad Angel investors (AAN) and other VC groups.
Tailored Structured Learning & Tool kits
- The fellows obtain hands on experience in the application of principles of design, product development/ prototyping, market analysis, business model generation/ validation, go-to-market commercial strategy and financial planning through workshops, seminars and custom curriculum.
Note: “Applications are not being considered at the present time. Next batch of applications to be likely reviewed in June. If you would still like to apply, please do so using the following link”
Applications will be screened and evaluated by an Expert Committee and selected Startups will be called for an in-person conversation.