Fellowship Program for Ahmedabad University Students
Fellowship Program for AU students during their final year, for which credits will be allotted. This program will allow the students greater experiential learning to create a potentially winning venture during their studies. The duration of the program is Six months with the option for the student to incubate the venture at VentureStudio under the most applicable program.
- Final year students from any undergraduate or integrated master’s program at Ahmedabad University.
- Applications accepted across multiple domains but special consideration to be given to product based ventures with tangible/novel intellectual property in areas such as life sciences/healthcare, defence related applications, smart city and inclusive technologies.
- Idea/ Product /Venture should be innovative, substantially differentiated from competition and have the potential to scale up to the national / international market.
- Applications accepted at an evolved ideation stage with an initial hypothesis/ line of sight to final product/service based on research/analysis.
- Willing to be physically incubated at Ahmedabad during the program.
- It should not have received formal funding from investors
- Funding for prototyping may be available from University/VentureStudio.
- Co working space with office facilities such as internet Wi-Fi connectivity, meeting rooms, printing & fax, The fellows work closely in teams with VentureStudio’s network – mentors, faculty, investors, partner organizations – and utilize the in-house and extended facilities to develop their venture spanning ideation, formation, validation and commercialization.
- Access to Makerlab/ Bio incubator/ Workshop/ Lab facilities on an as needed basis .
- Approved for 9000 Sq. state of art Bio incubation space supported by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC).
Network & Domain Expertise
- Access to mentor network (Ahmedabad Venture Alliance 100+) spanning academia and industry.
Structured Learning & Tool kits
- The fellows obtain hands on experience in the application of principles of design, product development/ prototyping, market analysis, business model generation/ validation, go-to-market commercial strategy and financial planning through workshops, seminars and custom curriculum.
Applications will be screened and evaluated by an Expert Committee and selected Startups will be called for an in-person conversation.