BIRAC BioNEST Incubation at VentureStudio, Ahmedabad University
Bio-NEST launched by BIRAC focuses on fostering the biotech innovation ecosystem in the country. Unlike start ups in the IT sector, enterprising ideas in the biotech sector need incubation support of a different kind where they need a landing space to test their ideas, run their operations, have access to high end instrumentation and be located in a place where they can connect with other start-ups and mentors. Bio-NEST programme provides support to establish bio-incubators either as a standalone entity or as a part of the academia.
We are one of select institutions approved for a BioNEST facility for bio-incubation by the Biotechnology Industrial Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
The key focus areas for the BioNEST are Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Biologics and Therapeutics, Agrotechnology among other areas.
To know more about the facilities we offer, please visit: Click here
- Applicants apply online
- The BioNEST Screening Committee shortlists applicants based on the quality of application and eligibility criteria
- The shortlisted candidates present their project proposal in front of the BioNEST Selection and Monitoring Committee.
- The final BioNEST incubatees selected by the Selection & Monitoring Committee will be informed by VentureStudio of their selection
MONITORING AND REVIEW
- BioNEST incubatees shall provide a monthly report to the Programme Manager
- Incubatees should present their progress to the Project Management Committee every quarter
- Incubatees should submit any other information and/ or other internal data, as requested by VentureStudio in response to granting agencies request, from time to time
Last date of application is Friday, January 10, 2020.
To Apply online – Click Here
Please email the detailed presentation addressing unmet needs, technology description/ innovation/USP/value proposition, market size, revenue streams and business model, team, anticipated risks and any other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org