Dr. Shashi Prakash is currently working as an Assistant Professor in SEAS, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad, Gujrat. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihar, India. He obtained Masters in Production Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata where he received university Gold Medal for securing first rank. He is the recipient of DST INSPIRE fellowship award from Government of India. Shashi's primary research area is Laser based machining and micromachining processes. He also has a keen interest in laser related processes for bio-microfluidics. Shashi received most cited author award 2018 from IOP Science. His one of the paper was awarded as most cited article award from Springer in 2018. He regularly writes and reviews articles for various international journals and conferences. He is also acting as faculty in-charge of Fabrication Shop, Ahmedabad University.
If you wish to do Summer/Winter internship at Microfluidics and Microfabrication Lab (4-8 weeks), Ahmedabad University, drop me an email on email@example.com with your probable dates for the internship. Students willing to do their master thesis can also write an email with their dates.
Major Research Areas
- Laser Material Processing
- Laser Micromachining
- Advance Manufacturing Processes
- Laser based processing for bio-microfluidics
- Heat and Mass Transfer in Manufacturing Processes
- Manufacturing Science
- High throughput synthesis of nanoliposomes in microfluidic reactors for efficient delivery of anticancer drugs, PI: Sanjay Singh, Co-PI(s): Shashi Prakash, Ajay Karakoti and Dharmesh Varade, Funding agency: BRNS, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, Funding Amount: Rs. 31 lacs, 2019
- Adhesion improvement of Al-Mg alloy using laser texturing, PI- Dr. Shashi Prakash, (Startup Research Grant, SERB, DST, INR 24 lacs , (2020-2022)
- CO2 laser cutting of thin glass sheets for microfluidic applications, PI: Shashi Prakash, Funding Agency: Ahmedabad University, Funding Amount: Rs. 2 lacs, 2019
- Design, development and fabrication of suturing device for transoral endoscopic surgery, consulting to Kaizen Hospital (2019)
Journal Reviewer (International)
1. Journal of Cleaner Production, Elsevier. 2. Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, I Mech. E. Part E, SAGE Publishers 3. Journal of Engineering Manufacture, I Mech. E. Part B, SAGE Publishers. 4. Independent Journal of Management & Production 5. Journal of Laser Applications, Laser Institute of America (LIA) 6. Microsystem Technologies 7. International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering 8. Sensors and Actuators: Part B 9. Nuclear Engineering and Technology 10. Materials and Manufacturing Processes 11. Optics and Laser Technology
Lectures and Industrial Visits
- Delivered an invited paper at CALM 2019 conference.
- Delivered a lecture on worker's safety at Rajnagar Textile Mills, Ahmedabad.
- Attended safety review committee meeting at Meghmani Industries, Ahmedabad.
- One Week Short Term Course on "Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)" at NIT Patna, April 12-16, 2016
- Fifteen days course on CNC machining by MTAB Ltd., Chennai
- One month summer training at DLW Varanasi.
- One week FDP on Additive Manufacturing at IIT BHU
220, School of Engineering and Applied Science,
Ahmedabad Education Society FP. 4,
Near Commerce Six Roads,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009, India
+91 79 61911158