How our MCA Programme is Unique?
• Liberal education - Humanities, Social Science and Interdisciplinary courses
• Academic Planning – Session planning and monitoring
• Increased Industry Academic Interaction
• Strong Industry Linkage and Placement Support
• Summer and Final Industry Internships for real-life IT Industry exposure.
• Innovative use of IT
• Audio-video lectures (NPTEL, BISAG etc.)
• Digital library –E-books, E-Journals, Conference Proceedings, Webinars .
• Use of ICT for paperless academic systems - Green ITVision
To aim at building a comprehensive academic institute which values service through high quality education in the field of ICT.
School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University
• Five Years Integrated MCA Programme (after HSC) leading to, Bachelors degree in Computer Applications (BCA) and Masters degree in Computer Applications (iMCA)
• MCA Programme (after Graduation) – 2 years (with lateral entry in Second year) for BCA, B.Sc.(IT/CS) candidates.
Uniquely designed programmes: They provide strong foundation, technology expertise and knowledge for professional career development in IT industry. The programmes focus on Computer Science, IT and its applications and equip students with the skill sets required for computer applications to meet the industry demand.
Contemporary industry oriented curriculum - with specializations in current and emerging trends in IT/Computing with major and minor - technology and domain specializations. The innovative curriculum offers in depth knowledge of core computer science and IT courses and offers major and minor specialization in the area of
• Mobile Computing (Android and iPhone App development)
• Business Intelligence and Data analytics
• Information Security
• Multimedia and Animation
• Enterprise Applications
• IT Management and
• Database Systems
Pedagogy encourages problem solving, analytical thinking, case study and project based learning for development of innovative IT applications leading to innovation and entrepreneurship. School has adopted modern educational practices like Learning Management System – Moodle, NPTEL, Spoken Tutorials, MOOCs and Virtual Labs - for 24 * 7 E-learning. Innovative academic planning is implemented which includes increased contact hours, intensive communication training, comprehensive computer training etc. Faculty with rich experience encourages students for academic excellence and career development.
Modern IT infrastructure: Wi-Fi cloud campus with BYOD enabled classroom cum lab environment for active learning and latest software development tools and technologies
Specialized Computer Labs: iPhone App Development Lab / Mobile App Development using Android, Open Source Technology Lab, Enterprise App Development Lab, Multimedia and Animation Lab, Business Analytics Lab, Microsoft .NET Technology Lab and Database Technology Lab.
Project Based Learning - MCA programme provides strong industry linkage and exposure in form of Summer Internship (6 weeks), System Development Project (SDP Minor – part time full semester) and full time Industry Internship during final semester.
Excellent Placements – Institute provides support for project and final job placements through placement cell. MCA students are successfully placed in leading IT companies with good career prospects. Some of the graduates have started their own IT ventures.
Why MCA at Ahmedabad University?
• Focus on Computer Science, IT and its Applications.
• Strong foundation, technical skills and knowledge for professional career in IT industry.
• Encourage problem solving, analytical thinking and development of innovative IT solutions/applications.
• Contemporary industry based curriculum with specializations in current and emerging trends in IT/Computing
• Major and Minor - Technology and Domain Specializations
• Case study and Project based learning
• Excellent teaching and learning process with continuous evaluation.
• Pedagogy focuses on learning by doing and collaborative team assignments
• Emphasis on nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship
• Industry Linkage and Placement Support
• Periodic review of syllabus by Senior Academicians and IT Professionals from leading Indian companies and MNCs.
• Competent, qualified and experienced faculty members.
• Inter-disciplinary learning and co-curricular activities
• Emphasis on soft skills and career skill development.