Sandeep is an Assistant Registrar and Assistant Professor at Ahmedabad University. He has received his PhD and Master Degree in Computer Science from Saurashtra University in 2014 and 2004 respectively. He did his BSc with Mathamatics from Sardar Patel University in 2001.
Analysis, Design and Prototype Development of ICT based Model for Clean India Mission
Abstract:Cleanliness in towns and cities of India is major societal and governance issue. “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” (SBA) - national campaign by the Govt. of India covering 4,000+ cities and towns to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure. The mass movement requires active participation and engagement of citizens of the city with Govt. authorities and other stakeholders. The project will involved designing and developing ICT based digital platform for Clean City for increasing awareness, collaboration and engagement between different stakeholders of Clean City (Citizens, Volunteers/NGOs, Govt. Authorities and elected representatives)
Sponsor(s): Gujarat Council on Science & Technology (GUJCOST), Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of Gujarat
- "A Case Study: Bring Your Own Device enabled Cloud Campus for effective use of ICT in Education”, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing (AISC) series, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland 2016, Dec, 2016
- "Feasibility Study of Proposed Architecture for Automatic Assessment of Use-Case Diagram."Proceedings of International Conference on ICT for Sustainable Development. Springer Singapore, 2016.
- “A Case Study: Embedding ICT for Effective Classroom Teaching & Learning”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing , Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, Volume 337, Issue 1, pp. 541-547, 2015.
- “Optimization of Graph Coloring Problem using Hybrid Selection: A Genetic Algorithm Approach”, international research journal of Science, Technology & Management “ Vision & Quest”, Print: ISSN 0975-8410,Volume 4, Issue 1, PP. 77-83, Jan-Jun, 2014
- “Equitable Payment Distribution for Project-Expert Scheduling using Genetic Algorithm” at CIIT International Journal of Artificial Intelligent System and Machine Learning, December 2012. (Impact Factor 0.763) Print: ISSN 0974 – 9667 & Online: ISSN 0974 – 9543
- Performance Evaluation of Different Image Sizes for recognizing offline Handwritten Gujarati Digits using Neural Network Approach, IEEE Xplore, May2012.
“Pre-processing Steps CiiT International Journal of Digital Image Processing for the Recognition of Handwritten Gujarati Characters” at CiiT International Journal of Digital Image Processing, September, 2012, Print: ISSN 0974 – 9691 & Online: ISSN 0974 – 9586(Impact Factor - 0.652) Impact Factor Calculated using the strict Thompson ISI impact factor methodology from indexing.
- A Novel Proposed Approach for an Equitable Payment Distribution using Genetic Algorithm in IEEE Xplore , May 2012
"Optimizing Traveling Salesman Problem with Genetic Algorithms" at International conference on “Innovative Science and Engineering Technologies” organized by V. V. P Engineering College, Rajkot in April, 2011.
- "Solving Knapsack Problem using Genetic Algorithms" at National Conference on Engineering Technologies and Applications organized by Computer Science Department, Saurashtra University in October 2006.
- "Genetic Algorithms: An Evolutionary Approach" at National Conference on Engineering Technologies and Applications organized by Computer Science Department, Saurashtra University in October 2005.
Sandeep is teaching following courses at Ahmedabad University
- Object Oriented Concepts and Programming
- Enterprise Application Development using Open Source Technology
- Introduction to Enterprise Applications
- eCommerce and Internet Marketing
- Chairman, Computer Society of India, Ahmedabad Chapter (2017-2018).
- Vice Chairman, Computer Society of India, Ahmedabad Chapter (2016-2017).
- Hon. Secretary, Computer Society of India, Ahmedabad Chapter (2014-2016).
- Managing Committee Member, Computer Society of India, Ahmedabad Chapter (2013-2014).
- Invited Governing Council Member of H L Alumni Association.
- Life Member of Computer Society of India
Sponsored by Ahmedabad University for Faculty Development Program on International Business and Entrepreneurship at University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK during 15th June – 14th July, 2013
Bungalow #5, University O,
School of Computer Studies,
Post Box No. 4206,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009,