Prof. Kuntal Patel is currently working as an Assistant Professor at School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University. Being a researcher on "IT Standards", he has completed his Ph. D. from North Gujarat University in 2006. He has published more than 25 research papers at peer-reviewed Journals and Conferences. He is certified Cyber Security Professional. He is actively involved in Google, ACM-India and Govt. of Gujarat supported Activity Based Learning Project called CS-Pathshala. He is an editorial board member of Computer Science textbook of Gujarat Board. He is writer of Std. 10th and reviewer for 9th 10th 11th and 12th Computer Science textbook of GSEB. He is also member of Computer Science editorial team of National Institute of Open Schooling, Regional Center Gandhinagar. He is the Secretary and Professional member of Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) – Ahmedabad chapter and life time member of CSI and ISTE.
- Computer Studies - Standard 10, Gujarat State Board of Textbooks, Govt. of Gujarat (2014) [Read more]
- 2 Books Translated, 1 Book Chapter published
- Kuntal Patel, “Performance analysis of AES, DES and Blowfish cryptographic algorithms on small and large data files”, International Journal of Information Technology (2019), Springer Singapore, https://doi.org/10.1007/s41870-018-0271-4 [Read more]
- Khimani Bansi, Kuntal Patel. "A novel model for security and data access for jointly accessing the cloud service." BIJIT - BVICAM’s International Journal of Information Technology 7, no. 1 (2015): 841-844. [Read more]
- Khimani Bansi, Kuntal Patel. “Analysis of Cloud Computing Issues and a Novel Model for Data Security in Cloud Computing” International Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications (IJCEA). Volume VIII, Issue III, pp. 36-44, December 2014. [Read more]
- Mansi Joshi, Kuntal Patel. “Enhanced Mechanism for Online Banking System through Cyber Crime Investigation”. International Journal of Research and Scientific Innovation by RSIS International. Volume I, Issue VII, November 2014. [Read more]
- Kuntal Patel, Parimal Patel, “Phishing in Mobile Devices: Survey and Prevention Mechanism”. International Journal of Scientific Research (IJSR). Volume: 2, Issue No.: 3, pp. 86-88, March 2013. [Read more]
- Kuntal Patel, Nirbhay Mehta, “Issues And Challenges In Electronic Waste”. International Journal of Research in Computer Application and Management (IJRCM). Volume: 2, Issue No.: 3, pp. 113-115 March 2012. [Read more]
Publications in Conference Proceedings
- Khimani Bansi, Kuntal Patel. "Implementing Cloud Based Approach to Maintain Household Routine Transactions."In Proceedings of International Conference on: Information, Communication and Computing Technology pp.17-25 (2017). [Read more]
- Kuntal Patel, Khimani Bansi. "Analysis of Authentication Techniques Adopted by End Users in Real-Life Cloud Implementation." In Proceedings of International Conference on ICT for Sustainable Development, pp. 99-107. Springer, Singapore, 2016. [Read more]
- Kuntal Patel, Aniruddhsinh Parmar. "Critical Study and Analysis of Cyber Law Awareness Among the Netizens." In Proceedings of International Conference on ICT for Sustainable Development, pp. 325-334. Springer, Singapore, 2016. [Read more]
- Kuntal Patel. Decision Support System Based E-Commerce Model and It's Functioning. InIEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology (Vol. 1, pp. 513-517). DOI: 10.1109/ICMIT.2006.262234. [Read more]
- Kuntal Patel, Devendra Vashi. “Privacy Preserving Data Mining Technique: A Review” In Proceedings of International Conference on Emerging Trends in Scientific Research(ICETSR-2015). ISBN 978-2-642-24819-9.
- Devendra Vashi, Harshad Bhadka, Kuntal Patel. “Challenges & Opportunities in Privacy Preserving Data Mining for Healthcare Dataset”. In Proceedings of International Conference on Research and Innovations In Science, Engineering & Technology 2017.
Association with Professional Bodies
- Secretary, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Ahmedabad Chapter
- Professional Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Life Time Member, Computer Society of India
- Life Time Member, Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE)
- Senior Member, International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), Singapore
Editorial Board Member
- Member, Computer Science, Gujarat State Textbooks Board (GSEB), Govt. of Gujarat, 2006 onwards
- Member, Computer Subject, National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), Gandhinagar Center, MHRD, Govt. of India, 2014 onwards
- CSPathshala – ACM India and Google Sponsored Gujarat State Pilot Project
- Received 2 Gold Medals - Sardar Patel University Gold Medal for B.Sc.
- Editorial Board Member of Computer Science Text Book of Gujarat Board, Govt. of Gujarat. (Writer for Standard 10th Computer Studies Text book)
- Computer Science - Team Leader, Gujarat State, National Institute of Open Schooling, Regional Center Gandhinagar, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Delivered expert talks on Gyanvani FM Radio channel (Live phone in programme).
School of Computer Studies,
Post Box No. 4206,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009,