Prof.Heena Timani is a faculty member at School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University and an educator in the field of computer related mathematics ,statistics, business analytics , data mining and intelligence system. She has completed her M.Sc. and M. Phil in statistics subject from Gujarat university and pursuing Ph.D from Bhavnagar University. Her current research area is Business Analytics and Intelligence using Bayesian approach, Medical data analysis and Sensor data analysis. More than 20 years of teaching experience at UG and PG, she has published 20 research papers in National and International conferences and Journals. She has authored two books “Advanced Mathematics” and “Scientific and Statistical Computing” for under graduate course. She is invited as an executive council member of ACM-W India Council for the period (2017-2021) considering her contributing towards the mission of ACM-W. She is also elected as chairperson of ACM- Ahmedabad Professional Chapter for the term 2017-2019.
Resear Area:- Bayesian Inference, Bayesian Networks ,Machine learning algorithms, Business Analytics and Intelligence, Medical Data Analysis
- Expoloratory and Predictive Data Analysis Using Machine Learning Tools and Techniques,5th IIMA International Conference on “Advanced Data Analysis , Business Analytics and Intelligence organized by IIM Ahmedabad 8-9 April 2017 proceeding of International Conference ,IIM Ahmedabad.
- Data Analysis Using Probabilistic Graphical Model,4th IIMA International Conference on “Advanced Data Analysis , Business Analytics and Intelligence organized by IIM Ahmedabad 11-12 April 2015 proceeding of International Conference ,IIM Ahmedabad.InstituteRepository.http://vslir.iima.ac.in:8080/xmlui/handle/11718/14068?show=full
- Knowledge discovery from music metadata using semantic web and open linked data “Proceedings of International Conference on “Emerging Research in computing, Information, Communication andApplications”.ERCICA2014http://www.elsevierst.com/conference_book_download_chapter.php?cbid=84#chapter73
- Applications of Bayesian Network in Computer Science Curriculum, International Journal IJAMTES, ISSN, 2249-7455, Volume II. June 2013.
- Estimation of Parameters of Two Parameters Pareto Distribution, 6th International Symposium ,Department of Statistic and Operation Research, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, during 29-31, January,2008 Paper published in conference proceeding.
1. Business Analytics and Data Warehousing
2.Data Analysis Using Statistical Modeling
3. Data Mining and Inteligent System
4 Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
6.Statistical and Scientific Coumputing
7. Numerical Methods
Association with Professional Bodies
Association With NGO
School of Computer Studies,
Post Box No. 4206,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009,