- Prof. Aditya Patel is Programme Chair (iMCA) and Assistant Professor at School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University.
- His specialization and ares of interest includes Distributed Computing, E-Learning, ICT innovations, Enterprise Systems and Applications.
- He has 15+ years professional experience in the field (industry, academic and research). He has various research publications at the national/international level and consulting/research projects to his credit.
- He is Ph.D. (Computer Science) from Department of Computer Science, KSV University, Gandhingar and MCA from Rollwala, Department of Computer Science, Gujarat University.
Funded Research Project by DST, Govt. of Gujarat
- Research Project titled “Analysis, Design and Prototype Development of ICT based Model for Clean India Mission” funded by Gujarat Council on Science & Technology (GUJCOST), Dept. of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of Gujarat for the period 2016-18, sanctioned grant of Rs. 1.5 lakh, Principal Investigator (PI): Dr. Aditya Patel
- The objective of the project is to contribute to Clean India Mission by developing innovative ICT based model for clean city which provides active collaboration between different stakeholders of Clean India mission (Citizens, Volunteers/NGOs and Govt. Authorities) to address cleanliness related issues/problems in different area/locality of a city and pilot scale demonstration/prototype development for Ahmedabad City. The proposed project will leverage the pervasive usage of mobile phones used by residents of the city using ICT and mobile computing to raise awareness, connection and collaboration among citizens.
- Conceptualized, designed and developed along with student team - “Mobile App for Heritage Sites in Gujarat” (in collaboration with Center for Heritage Management, AU) for Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL), Govt. of Gujarat during 2015-16. The Heritage Mobile App was officially launched by Shri. Saurabhbhai Patel, Minister for Tourism, Govt. of Gujarat on the occasion of World Tourism Day on Sunday, 26th September, 2015.
Recent Research Publications in Refereed Journals (Last 5 years)
- Aditya Patel, Sandeep Vasant, “A Case Study: Bring Your Own Device enabled Cloud Campus for effective use of ICT in Education”, Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing (AISC) series (ISSN 2194-5357), Springer International Publishing, Switzerland 2016, Jan, 2016
- Aditya Patel, Varun Khanna, “Mobile Application for Global Sequence Alignment and BLAST – MobSBlast”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA, ISSN–0975–8887, University affiliates - Harvard University, Pennsylvania State University, June, 2015, Volume Series ISBN : 973-93-80887-52-9, Vol. 120, No. 13, 1-5
- Aditya Patel, Dhaval Panchal, Towards Improving Automated Evaluation of Java Program, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, ISSN 2194-5357, ISSN 2194-5365 (electronic), ISBN 978-3-319-13727-8, Vol. 337, Issue 1, Jan 2015, pp. 489-496.
- Aditya Patel, Pratik Thanawala, Grid Resource Brokering for Parallel Applications, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, ISSN 2250-2459, Vol. 3, Issue 4, April, 2013, pp. 181-187.
- Aditya Patel, Modeling and Simulation of Grid Resource Brokering Algorithms, International Journal of Computer Applications,
- ISSN: 0975-8887, March 2012, Vol. 42, Issue 8, March, 2012, pp. 31-36.
- Agent Based Architecture for Scalable Grid Resource Management and Scheduling, International Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering, Technology and Sciences (IJ-CA-ETS), ISSN: 0974-3596, Vol. 2, Issue 1, March, 2010, pp. 395-401.
Recent Paper Presentations in IEEE/ACM/CSI/ leading conferences (in last 5 years)
- Aditya Patel, Mansi Joshi, “Use of ICT for Development of Smart City – Ahmedabad”, Proceedings of International Conference on Communication and Networks (COMNET 2016), to be published in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) Series by Springer International Publishing, ISSN Number - 2194 – 5357, 20-21 February, 2016, Ahmedabad.
- Aditya Patel, Model and Prototyping of Quality of Service (QoS) Oriented Grid Resource Management and Scheduling, Proc. of the 2014 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies (ICTCS-2014), ACM Digital library, Udaipur, 14-16th Nov, 2014, Available URL: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2677855
- Aditya Patel, Sweta Ghaghda, Payal Nagecha, Model for Security in Wired and Wireless Network for Education, IEEE 8th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development (INDIACom-2014), 05-07th March, 2014
- Aditya Patel, Lalit Nagla, Hardik Gheewal, Using Social Media Big Data for Customer Analytics, IEEE & CSI International Conference on IT in Business, Industry & Govt, (CSI-BIG 2014), Published in IEEE Explore Digital Library, 08-09th March, 2014
- Aditya Patel, Manashvi Birla, Ms. Ushma Nair, Addressing Big Data Problem Using Hadoop and MapReduce, IEEE Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (Nuicone-2012), Paper published in IEEE Explore Digital Library, 6-8th December, 2012
- Adaptive and Deadline Driven Scheduling Algorithm for QoS Oriented Grid, NUiCONE 2010, International Conference on “Current Trends in Technology”, Institute of Technology, Nirma University, 9-11th December, 2010.
- Bestowed with “Excellence in Teaching Award” on 26th February, 2013 by Ahmedabad University.
- Consistent track record of teaching various courses/subjects at PG and UG level in MCA and iMCA Programme.
- Professional Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Professional Member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Life member of Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Managing Committee member, Ahmedabad Chapter - Computer Society of India (CSI) (2017-18)
G5 faculty office,
School of Computer Studies,
Post Box No. 4206,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad - 380 009,