Innovative Projects by Students
- Dashboard for 24 online
- Emotion Detection in Smart Phone using Voice Recognition, Facial Expression and Physiological Techniques
- Salesman Navigator
- Social media Analytics Using Hadoop
- Voice-based Communication Application for Visually Challenged People
- Proposed Model To Build Partially Virtual Communities Using Reality Mining
- Safe Motherhood
- US based collaborative project Knowledge Based Web Portal for Grant Thornton Company
- MIS Performance Dashboard for Pennsylvania State Government, USA
- Grievance Redressal System for AMC
- Air Launcher: Mr. Rohan Bhatt, MCA student, developed and copyrighted Air Launcher Android App. Air Launcher allows you to open an application just by waving the phone in air or in simple words drawing the 1st capital alphabet of that application in mid air with your phone. He is awarded A Person to Watch Out trend setter award for Innovative Approach by Gujarat Innovation Society, Govt. of Gujarat on 15th April, 2014.
Mobile App for Heritage Sites to promote Gujarats Heritage and Tourism
Students produced the first mobile app (Android and iPhone) about Gujarat’s heritage, providing an enriching experience of heritage sites/monuments in Gujarat and contributing to the promotion of Gujarat’s heritage and tourism. Their unique mobile app provided details about heritage in various categories, including its architecture, step-wells, grave sites, forts, Buddhist footprints, palaces and more. The app, called Gujarat’s Heritage, is freely available to the public. It was was conceptualised, designed and developed by a team from the school in collaboration with the Centre for Heritage Management (CHM), Ahmedabad University for Gujarat Tourism, Govt. of Gujarat. More...
Collaborative Project with Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)
- Bio-informatics Mobile App for Molecular Sequence Alignment Algorithm and BLAST (Basic Local Alignment Search Tool). The Bioinformatics Mobile App is very useful for life science researchers for new drug discovery.
- Cheminformatics Mobile App for Institute of Life Science, Ahmedabad University which provide molecules properties, descriptors, 2D as well as 3D structural visuallization. The app provides searching of related molecules of that particular molecule to end user on their Android Smart Phone. Collaborative Project with Blind People Association (BPA), Ahmedabad
- Indoor Navigation using Audio Enabled Maps for blind people: Android app allows indoor navigation and assistance to blind people using indoor maps and route modeling. The app provides direction, route and navigation assistance in all the locations of the BPA in the country.
- Tracking and Recognition Assistive App for Blind People: This mobile app is used by blind people to track each other in known and unknown places. This app also provides face recognition of known persons, when they are in close proximity to the blind person.
Collaborative Projects with Drexel University, USA
- The MCA project teams successfully developed innovative Management Information System (MIS) based solutions by applying Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management for solving the problems of US Government and Industry sector customers.
Bharatpur Cycle Rickshaw Improvement Project
- School of Computer Studies (SCS) promotes Project Based learning among Students. To encourage students to participate in cross-disciplinary-collaborative projects having real life societal impact, SCS students participate in Project Based Learning Initiative/Programme of Ahmedabad University
- Ahmedabad University is pursuing a Collaborative project with Olin College, USA titled "Bharatpur Cycle Rickshaw Improvement Project"
- Mr. Aditya Anand - SYMCA student of School of Computer Studies participated in collaborative Project with Olin College, USA. On this project, he also participated in Field trip to Bharatpur with other AU Institute students.
"Air Launcher" Android App – Innovation Award by Gujarat Innovation Society
- Mr. Rohan Bhatt, MCA student, developed and copyrighted innovative Android Application - "Air Launcher"
- He was awarded "A Person to Watch Out" trend setter award for "Innovative Approach" by Gujarat Innovation Society, Govt. of Gujarat on 15th April, 2014.
- Air Launcher Mobile App allows you to open an application just by waving the phone in air or in simple words drawing the 1st capital alphabet of that application in mid air with your phone and yes its done.
- Experience sharing by Mr. Rohan Bhatt on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B4Pi1Q4elU