Message From Associate Dean
School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University has emerged as an excellent institute over the period of 17 years for skill based IT education leading to MCA degree. Our contemporary industry oriented curriculum with specializations in current and emerging trends in IT/ Computing, our unique teaching pedagogy and practical exposure for various technologies provides in-depth knowledge to students to make a successful career in IT industry.
Our graduates are working with leading IT companies of India and in more than 23 countries, holding respectable positions. Some graduates have started their own ventures and are successful technology entrepreneurs. Our strong linkages with IT industry, professional societies like CSI, ACM and Alumni Association provides ample opportunity to students for a successful career in Information Technology sector.
There are excellent career and job prospects after MCA as Indian IT sector is to create 2.5 lakh new job openings in 2016. Last year the hiring in the IT space saw a rise of 12% while this year it is expected to witness a 14-16% growth in recruitment. This year IT sector hiring is expected to see significant uptrend as more and more companies are focusing on Internet of Things, Big Data and Analytics, Social Technology, Automation of Knowledge , Digitization, Smart Cities, Digital India, e-markets etc. Our Placement Cell provides assistance to the students to secure appropriate projects during their study and placement after the completion of the MCA program.
Our faculty takes great care to ensure that this school serves and adds value, matching with the career expectations of each student.
Bipin V. Mehta
School of Computer Studies
- Prof Bipin Mehta with Dr Shashi Tharoor on the occasion of Prin. S. V. Desai Memorial Lecture, organized by H L College ALUMNI Association, Ahmedabad on 6th September, 2016
- Prof. Bipin Mehta was felicitated by Dr. E. Sreedharan, Formar Managing Director, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation on 1st September, 2016 during 57th Foundation day celebrations of Gujarat State Centre of the Institution of Engineers (India) for his significant contribution to the Profession of Engineering as Hon. Secretary for the term 2002-2004 of the Institution of Engineers (India), Gujarat State Centre, Ahmedabad.
- Prof. Bipin V Mehta completed successfully his term as a President of the Computer Society of India (CSI) for the year 2015-2016. He is nominated as Chairman, Academic Committee, CSI and Chairman, Awards Committee, CSI for 2016-17.
- Prof. Bipin Mehta was the Chief Guest at the felicitation ceremony organized on 10th April, 2016 by CSI-LNMIIT student branch, at LNM Institute of Information Technology, Deemed University, Jaipur. CSI-LNMIIT Student Branch is one of the most active branches of Region 1 of CSI. Dr. S.S. Gokhale, Director, LNMIIT welcomed him. He felicitated faculty members and student council members for their excellent work and activities organized during 2015-16. Mr. Pushkal Agarwal, Chairperson, Student Branch, thanked Prof. Bipin Mehta for his presence.
- Prof. Bipin Mehta was a Guest of Honour at the at the 10th National Conference on “IT for Defence-2016” hosted by Computer Society of India, Bangalore Chapter on 12th February, 2016. He delivered lecture on the theme “Trusted Computing in Defense”
- Prof. Bipin Mehta, President, Computer Society of India was Guest Honour in the inauguration session of All India Seminar on “Internet of Things” organised by The Institution of Engineers (India), Gujarat State Centre on 22nd January, 2016. The other dignitaries were Mr. KS Viswanathan, Vice President (Industry Initiatives), NASSCOM and Mrs. Smriti Dagur, Chair Person, IETE.
- Mr Sanjay Mahapatra welcoming Prof Bipin Mehta during CSI-2015 Inauguration 2nd December-2015-New Delhi
- Dr K K Agrawal-Prof Bipin Mehta-Honoring Dr F C Kohli-during CSI-2015 2nd December-2015-New Delhi
- Dr K K Agrawal-Prof Bipin Mehta-Shri J S Deepak Awarding Life Achievement Award to Dr Thrimurti-during CSI-2015 2nd December-2015 New Delhi
- Prof. Bipin Mehta , President, CSI delivering a lecture during CSI-Nihilent e-Goverance Awards (2014-15) function on 3rd December,2015 during annual convention CSI 2015 at New Delhi.
- Prof Bipin Mehta presenting e-Governance Award-CSI-2015 3rd December-2015 New Delhi
- Prof. Bipin Mehta, Director, AES Institute of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University and President, Computer Society of India delivered a keynote address on Digital India on 11th December,2015 in the "Knowledge Sharing Summit 2015" hosted by Kerala State jointly with Computer Society of India at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Prof. Bipin Mehta was Chief Guest and delivered a key note address at “NAAC Sponsored National Conference on Emergent Curriculum Perspectives, Possibilities and Classroom Practices” organized by C. U. Shah University, Wadhwan on 3rd November, 2015
- Prof. Bipin Mehta, President, Computer Society of India was Guest of Honour at International Conference "Information & Communication Technology for Sustainable Development" during 3-4 July,2015 at Ahmedabad. The conference was organized by ASSOCHAM India, Gujarat Chapter ; GESIA and ACM Chapter having CSI as Knowledge Partner. In his address, he informed the august audience about 50 years journey of CSI , various initiatives for promoting research and innovation, various awards and, international affiliations. Dr. Nilesh Modi, Organizing Chair welcomed Prof. Bipin Mehta. Prof. Bipin Mehta gave away trophies and certificates to awardees.
- Prof. Bipin V. Mehta, President, Computer Society of India attended the Executive Committee Meeting of SEARCC (South East Asia Regional Computer Confederation) on 27th April, 2015 at Singapore.
(L to R) Mr. Yasas V. Abeywickrama, Vice President - Computer Society of Sri Lanka,
Mr. Kunaseelan Rajaretnam, (Council Member, Malaysian National Computer Confederation),
Mr. Mick Nades (President, Papua New Guinea Computer Society),
Prof. Bipin V. Mehta (President, Computer Society of India),
Dr. Dayan Rajapakse (President Computer Society of Sri Lanka & President, SEARCC),
Mr. Yohan Ramasundara (Secretary General, SEARCC),
Dr. Nick Tate (Imm. Past President, Australian Computer Society Inc. )
- Prof. Bipin V Mehta, Director, School of Computer Studies, has taken over as President of the Computer Society of India (CSI) for the year 2015-2016, after successful term of Vice President cum President-Elect for 2014-2015.
- Prof. Bipin Mehta, Director, School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University and Vice President / President Elect, Computer Society of India was invited by EC-Council for its Global Partner Conference on 11th January, 2015 at Hyderabad. He delivered his Key Note address "Importance of IT and its Certifications". The other speakers were Dr. Sandhya Chintala, Vice President, NASSCOM and Shri B.J. Shrinath, Sr. Director, CERT-in, DEiTY, Government of India. Later on Prof. Mehta was one of the panelist. The panel discussion was moderated by Mr. Sean Lim, VP EC-Council.
Prof. Bipin V. Mehta visited colleges as NAAC Peer Team Members.
NAAC Peer Team Exit Meeting at Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology and Research,
Amravati, Maharashtra on 5th April, 2017.
(L to R) Dr. D. S. Ingole (Steering Committee Co-ordinator), Prof. Bhagaban Das (Member),
Dr. Shorosimohan Dan (Chairman), Dr. N. W. Kale (Principal) Prof. Bipin V Mehta (Member Coordinator) and Dr. Nitin Dhande, Chairman, Vidarbha Youth Welfare Society, Amravati
(L to R) Dr. Sumant Katiyal, Dr. N. Panchanatham, Dr. Suralkar (Steering Committee Coordinator)-COET), Dr. K. S. Wani (Principal-COET), Dr. D. N. Reddy (Chairman-NAAC Peer Team), Prof. Bipin Mehta, Shri D. R. Shekhawat (Chairman-SSBT), Shri Jayesh Rathore (Member-BOG-SSBT)
(L to R) Dr. H. S. Patil (Steering Committee Coordinator), Prof. Bipin V Mehta, Prof. R. R. Singh (Chairman), Dr. (Mrs.) S. P. Surebankar (Principal-RPD) Dr. B. Rajasekaran
- "Prof. Bipin V Mehta, Director, School of Computer Studies, Ahmedabad University visited Mahatma Gandhi Mission - Institute of Management as NAAC Peer Team Member-Coordinator for Institutional Assessment and Accreditation during 29th Oct-1 November,2014."