List Of Publications
- Heteroagglomeration of zinc oxide nanoparticles with clay mineral modulates the bioavailability and toxicity of nanoparticle in Tetrahymena pyriformis. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 495 (2017) 9–18.
- Sanjay Singh, Glucose decorated gold nanoclusters: A membrane potentialindependent fluorescence probe for rapid identification of cancer cellsexpressing Glut receptors, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 155, 25–34.
- NV Srikanth Vallabani, A S Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, ATP Catalyzed Peroxidase Mimetic Activity of Fe3O4 Nanoparticles at Physiological pH. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2017, 153, 52–60.
- B. Sargia, A. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, Tailoring the antibacterial activity of redox active cerium oxide nanoparticles, Materials Research Bulletin, 2017 (Accepted)
- Violet Aileen Senapati, Govind Sharan Gupta, Alok Kumar Pandey, Rishi Shanker, Alok Dhawan and Ashutosh Kumar. Zinc oxide nanoparticle induced age dependent immunotoxicity in BALB/c mice. Toxicology Research DOI: 10.1039/C6TX00439C (Article in press 2017).
- Govind Saran Gupta, Ashutosh Kumar, Violet A Senapati, Alok K Pandey, Rishi Shanker, Alok Dhawan. Laboratory scale microbial food chain to study bioaccumulation, biomagnification, and ecotoxicity of cadmium telluride quantum dots. Environmental Science and Technology. 51(3):1695-1706 (2017).
- Ritesh K. Shukla*, Anand S. Lodha, Subal Das. Stature Estimation from Footprint: A Study on Central Indian Population. European Journal of Forensic Sciences, 2017, 4(2), 1-9.
- Ritesh K Shukla*. Forensic Biotechnology: Application of Flow Cytometry in Legal Medicine. International Journal of Forensic Sciences, 2016. 1(1): 000103.
- S. Sanghavi, W. Wang, M.I Nandasiri, A.S. Karakoti, W. Wang, P. Yang, S. Thevuthasan, Investigation of trimethylacetic acid adsorption on stoichiometric and oxygen-deficient CeO2 (111) surfaces, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2016, 18, 15625 – 15631
- Guneta V, Tan NS, Chan SK, Tanavde V, Lim TC, Wong TC, Choong C. (2016). Comparative study of adipose-derived stem cells and bone marrow-derived stem cells in similar microenvironmental conditions. Exp Cell Res. Nov 1;348(2):155-164.
- Tkatchenko AV, Luo X, Tkatchenko TV, Vaz C, Tanavde VM, Maurer-Stroh S, Zauscher S, Gonzalez P, Young TL (2016). Large-Scale microRNA Expression Profiling Identifies Putative Retinal miRNA-mRNA Signaling Pathways Underlying Form-Deprivation Myopia in Mice. PLoS One. Sep 13;11(9):e0162541.
- Takeda K, Sriram S, Chan XH, Ong WK, Yeo CR, Tan B, Lee SA, Kong KV, Hoon S, Jiang H, Yuen JJ, Perumal J, Agrawal M, Vaz C, So J, Shabbir A, Blaner WS, Olivo M, Han W, Tanavde V, Toh SA, Sugii S (2016). Retinoic Acid Mediates Visceral-Specific Adipogenic Defects of Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells. Diabetes. May;65(5):1164-78.
- Wong QW, Vaz C, Lee QY, Zhao TY, Luo R, Archer SK, Preiss T, Tanavde V, Vardy LA (2016). Embryonic Stem Cells Exhibit mRNA Isoform Specific Translational Regulation. PLoS One. 2016 Jan 22;11(1):e0143235.
- R. Gowda, G. Kardos, A. Sharma, Sanjay Singh, G. P. Robertson, Nanoparticle-based Celecoxib and Plumbagin for the Synergistic Treatment of Melanoma, Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 2016 (Accepted).
- R.Singh, A. Karakoti, W. Self, S. Seal, Sanjay Singh. Redox-sensitive cerium oxide nanoparticles protect human keratinocytes from oxidative stress induced by glutathione depletion, Langmuir, 2016, 32 (46), 12202–12211.
- Sanjay Singh. Cerium Oxide Based Nanozymes: Redox Phenomenon at Biointerfaces, Biointerphases, 2016, 11, 04B202.
- Sanjay Singh, A. Kumar, Engineered Nanomaterials: Safety and Health Hazard, International Journal of Nanotechnology & Nanomedicine, 2016, 1, 1-23.
- B. Sargia, A. Karakoti, Sanjay Singh, Tailoring the antibacterial activity of redox active cerium oxide nanoparticles, Materials Research Bulletin, 2017 (Accepted).
- Margit Heinlaan, Marge Muna, Melanie Knobel, david Kistler, Niksa Odzak, Dana Kuhnel, Josefine Muller, Govind Saran Gupta, Ashutosh Kumar, Rishi Shanker, Laura Sigg. Natural water as the test medium for Ag and CuO nanoparticle hazard evaluation: An interlaboratory case study. Environmental Pollution. 216:689-699 (2016)
- Das SK, Rehman I, Ghosh A, Sengupta S, Majumdar P, Jana B, Das BB. (2016) Poly(ADP-ribose) polymers regulate DNA topoisomerase I (Top1) nuclear dynamics and camptothecin sensitivity in living cells. Nucleic Acids Res.; 44(17):8363-8375.
- Nandita Dasgupta, Shraddha Mundra, Shivendu Ranjan, Chidambaram Ramalingam, and Ashutosh Kumar. Fabrication of food grade vitamin E nanoemulsion by low energy approach, characterization and its application. International Journal of Food Properties. 19: 700-708 (2016)
- Govind S. Gupta, Ashutosh Kumar, Rishi Shanker, Alok Dhawan. Assessment of agglomeration, co-sedimentation and trophic transfer of titanium dioxide nanoparticles in a laboratory-scale predator-prey model system. Scientific Reports, 6, 31422 (2016).
- Govind S. Gupta, Alok Dhawan and Rishi Shanker. Montmorillonite clay alters toxicity of silver nanoparticles in zebrafish (Danio rerio) eleutheroembryo. Chemosphere, 163, 242e251 (2016).
- R Purohit, S Vallabani, RK Shukla, A Kumar, S Singh, Effect of Gold Nanoparticle Size and Surface Coating on Human Red Blood Cells, Bioinspired, Biomimetic and Nanobiomaterials, 2016 (In Press).
- Nandita Das Gupta, Shivendu Ranjan, Dhabaleswar Patra, Priyanka Srivastava, Ashutosh Kumar, Chidambaram Ramalingam. Bovine serum albumin interacts with silver nanoparticles with a “side-on” or “end on” conformation. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 253: 100-111 (2016).
- Pal Patel, Krupa Kansara, Violet Aileen Senapati, Rishi Shanker, Alok Dhawan and Ashutosh Kumar. Cell Cycle Dependent Cellular Uptake of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles in Human Epidermal Cells. Mutagenesis. 31(4):481-490 (2016).
- R Savaliya, P Singh, Sanjay Singh, “Pharmacological drug delivery strategies for improved therapeutic effects: Recent advances”, Current Pharmaceutical Design 2016, 22(11), 1506-20. (Highlighted by World Biomedical Frontiers, http://biomedfrontiers.org/newtech-2016-7/).
- Nandita Dasgupta, Shivendu Ranjan, Bhavapriya Rajendran, Venkatraman Manickam, Chidambaram Ramalingam, Avadhani GS and Ashutosh Kumar. Thermal co-reduction approach to vary size of silver nanoparticle: its microbial and cellular toxicology. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 23(5):4149-63 (2016).
- Anand S Lodha, Alok Pandya, Ritesh K. Shukla. Nanotechnology: An Appliedand Robust Approach for Forensic Investigation. Forensic Research & Criminology International Journal. 2,1, DOI: 10.15406/frcij.2016.02.00044. (2016). http://medcraveonline.com/FRCIJ/FRCIJ-02-00044.pdf
- Ritobrata Goswami, Mark H Kaplan. Essential Vitamins for an effective T cell response. World Journal of Immunology. 1,6, 39-59 (2016).
- G Singh, P Vajpayee, N Rani, ID Amoah, TA Stenström, Rishi Shanker. Exploring the potential reservoirs of non specific TEM beta lactamase (bla TEM) gene in the Indo-Gangetic region: A risk assessment approach to predict health hazards. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 314, doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2016.04.036. 121-128 (2016).
- C.B. Patel, R. Shanker, V. K. Gupta, R. S. Upadhyay. Q-PCR based culture-independent enumeration and detection of Enterobacter: an emerging environmental human pathogen in riverine systems and potable water. Frontiers in Microbiology . 7, 172. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.00172. (2016).
- A. Pandya, A. Tripathi, R. Purohit, S. Singh, M.I. Nandasiri, A.S. Karakoti, S.P. Singh and R. Shanker. Fluorescent magnesium nanocomplex in a protein scaffold for cell nuclei imaging applications. RSC Advances, 2015, 5 (114), 94236 – 94240.
- T. Inerbaev, A.S. Karakoti, S.V.N.T Kuchibhatla, A. Kumar, A.E. Masunov, S. Seal, “Aqueous medium induced optical transitions in cerium oxide nanoparticles” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2015, 17, 6217-6221.
- Candida Vaz, Choon Wei Wee, Serene Gek Ping Lee, Philip W Ingham, Vivek Tanavde, Sinnakaruppan Mathavan (2015). Deep sequencing of small RNA facilitates tissue and sex specific microRNA discovery in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 16:950 DOI: 10.1186/s12864-015-2135-7.
- Tanavde V, Vaz C, Rao MS, Vemuri MC, Pochampally RR (2015). Research using Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells: quality metric towards developing a reference material. Cytotherapy. 17(9):1169-77.
- Ashutosh Kumar, Mojgan Najafzadeh, Badie K Jacob, Alok Dhawan and Diana Anderson. Zinc oxide nanoparticles affect the expression of p53, Ras p21 and JNKs: An ex vivo/in vitro exposure study in respiratory disease patients. Mutagenesis. 30(2):237-245 (2015).
- Ajay Singh Karakoti, Ritesh Shukla, Rishi Shanker, Sanjay Singh. Surface functionalization of quantum dots for biological applications. Advances in colloid and interface science. 215:28-45 (2015).
- Nandita Dasgupta, Shivendu Ranjan, Deepa Mundekkad, Chidambaram Ramalingam, Rishi Shanker, Ashutosh Kumar. Nanotechnology in agro-food: From field to plate. Food Research International69: 381–400 (2015).
- Krupa Kansara, Pal Patel, Darshini Shah, Ritesh K Shukla, Sanjay Singh, Ashutosh Kumar and Alok Dhawan. TiO2Nanoparticles induce DNA double strand breaks and cell cycle arrest in human alveolar cells. Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis. 56:204-217 (2015).
- R. Singh, Sanjay Singh, Role of Phosphate on Stability and Catalase Mimetic Activity of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2015, 132, 78-84.
- R. Savaliya, D.Shah, R. Singh, A. Kumar, R. Shanker, A. Dhawan, Sanjay Singh, Nanotechnology in Disease Diagnostic Techniques. Current Drug Metabolism, 2015 (Accepted).
- J. Shah, R. Purohit, R.Singh, A.S. Karakoti, Singh S. ATP- enhanced peroxidase-like activity of gold nanoparticles. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2015, 456, 100-107.
- Violet Aileen Senapati, Ashutosh Kumar, Govind Sharan Gupta, Alok Kumar Pandey and Alok Dhawan. ZnO nanoparticles induced inflammatory response and genotoxicity in human blood cells: A mechanistic approach. Food and Chemical Toxicology.
- Violet Aileen Senapati, Abhishek Jain, Govind Sharan Gupta, Alok Kumar Pandey and Alok Dhawan, Chromium oxide nanoparticles induced genotoxicity and p53 dependent apoptosis in human lung alveolar cells. Journal of Applied Toxicology.
- Varun Khanna, Ashutosh Kumar, Rishi Shanker. Identification of novel drug targets and lead compounds in Anthrax and Pneumonia causing pathogens using an In Silico approach. iMedPub Journals (Article in press; 2015).
- Ashutosh Kumar, Rishi Shanker and Sanjay Singh. Interference of engineered nanomaterials with in vitro toxicity assessment methods. Journal of Translational Toxicology (Article in press; 2015).
- Nandita Dasgupta, Shivendu Ranjan, Bhavapriya Rajendran, Venkatraman Manickam, Chidambaram Ramalingam, Avadhani GS and Ashutosh Kumar. Thermal co-reduction approach to vary size of silver nanoparticle: its microbial and cellular toxicology. Environmental Science and Pollution Research (Article in press).
- Shivendu Ranjan, Nandita Dasgupta, Arkadyuti Roy Chakraborty, S. Melvin Samuel, Chidambaram Ramalingam, Rishi Shanker and Ashutosh Kumar. Nanoscience and nanotechnologies in food industries: opportunities and research trends. Journal of Nanoparticle Research,16:2464-2487 (2014)
- S. Khedkar and R. Shanker. Isolation and classification of a soil actinomycete capable of sulphur-specific biotransformation of dibenzothiophene, benzothiophene and thianthrene. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 118:62-74 (2014)
- Ashutosh Kumar, Sajid Khan, Alok Dhawan. Comprehensive molecular analysis of the responses induced by titanium dioxide nanoparticles in human keratinocyte cells. [Published on Cover Page of the journal] Journal of Translational Toxicology, 1: 28-39 (2014)
- Ritesh K. Shukla†, Ashutosh Kumar†, N.V. Srikanth Vallabani, Alok K Pandey and Alok Dhawan. Titanium dioxide nanoparticle induced oxidative stress triggers DNA damage and hepatic injury in mammals. Nanomedicine. (2014), †equal contributor. (doi:10.2217/nnm.13.100)
- Zuzana Magdolenova, Andrew Richard Collins, Ashutosh Kumar, Alok Dhawan, Vicki Stone, Maria Dusinska. Mechanisms of Genotoxicity: Review of recent in vitro and in vivo studies with engineered Nanoparticles. Nanotoxicology, 8(3):233-78 (2014).
- Mahima Bajpayee and Alok Dhawan. Biomarkers for Monitoring Adverse Health Effects of Air Pollution in Humans. Journal of Translational Toxicology, 1, 46-51 (2014).
- Ashutosh Kumar, Rishi Shanker, and Sanjay Singh. Toxicity Assessment: Interference of Engineered Nanomaterials and Limitations of In Vitro Assays, Journal of Translational Toxicology. 2014 (in press).
- Andrew Collins, Gudrun Koppen, Vanessa Valdiglesias, Maria Dusinska, Marcin Kruszewski, Peter, Emilio Rojas, Alok Dhawan, Iris Benzie, Erdem Coskun, Massimo Moretti, Guenter Speit, Stefano Bonassi. The comet assay as a tool for human biomonitoring studies: the ComNet Project. Mutation Research Reviews. 2014, 759:27-39.
- Chowdhury S, Mukhopadhyay R, Saha S, Mishra A, Sengupta S, Roy S, Majumder HK. (2014) Flavone resistant Leishmania donovani over expresses LdMRP2 transporter in the parasite and activates host MRP2 on macrophages to circumvent the flavone-mediated cell death. J Biol Chem.; 289(23):16129-16147.
- Das BB, Huang SY, Murai J, Rehman I, Amé JC, Sengupta S, Das SK, Majumdar P, Zhang H, Biard D, Majumder HK, Schreiber V, Pommier Y. (2014) PARP1-TDP1 coupling for the repair of topoisomerase I-induced DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res.; 42(7):4435-49.
- Chowdhury S, Mukherjee T, Chowdhury SR, Sengupta S, Mukhopadhyay S, Jaisankar P, Majumder HK. (2014) Disuccinyl betulin triggers Metacaspase Dependent Endonuclease G Mediated Cell death in Unicellular Protozoan Parasite Leishmania donovani. Antimicrob Agents Chemother.; 58(4):2186-2201.
- Lokesh Baweja, Kanagasabai Balamurugan, Venkatesan Subramanian and Alok Dhawan. Hydration Patterns of Graphene Based Nanomaterials (GBNMs) Play a Major Role in the Stability of a Helical Protein: Study. Langmuir.2013, 29(46):14230-14238.
- Tina Mesaric, Lokesh Baweja, Barbara Drasler, Damjana Drobne, Darko Makovec, Peter Dusak, Alok Dhawan and Kristina Sepcic .Effects of surface curvature and surface characteristics of carbon-based nanomaterials on the adsorption and activity of acetylcholinesterase. Carbon. 2013, 62: 222-232.
- Sagar N, Pandey AK, Gurbani D, Khan K, Singh D, Chaudhari BP, Soni VP, Chattopadhyay N, Dhawan A, Bellare JR. In-vivo efficacy of compliant 3D nano-composite in critical-size bone defect repair: a six month preclinical study in rabbit. PLoSOne. 18;8(10):e77578 (2013).
- Ashutosh Kumar, Alok Dhawan. Genotoxic and carcinogenic potential of engineered nanoparticles: An update. Archives of Toxicology, 87: 1883 -1900 (2013)
- S. Das, Sanjay Singh, D. Joung, J. Dowding, D. Reid, L. Zhai, S. Khondaker, WT. Self, S. Seal. Oxygenated functional group density on graphene oxide: its effect on cell toxicity. Particle & Particle Systems Characterization, 30 (2), 148-157,(2013).
- V. Valdiglesias, Carla Costa, Vyom Sharma, G. Kiliç, E. Pásaro, Joao P. Teixeira, AlokDhawan, Blanca Laffon. Comparative study on effects of two different types of titanium dioxide nanoparticles on human neuronal cells. Food Chem Toxicol., 57: 352-361,(2013).
- Ritesh K. Shukla, Ashutosh Kumar, Deepak Gurbani, Alok K. Pandey, Shashi Singh and AlokDhawan. TiO2 nanoparticles induce oxidative DNA damage and apoptosis in human liver cells. Nanotoxicology. 7(1): 48-60,(2013).
- Z. Magdolenova, A. Collins, Ashutosh Kumar, Alok Dhawan, V. Stone, M. Dusinska. Mechanisms of genotoxicity. A review of in vitro and in vivo studies with engineered nanoparticles. Nanotoxicology. (2013) Mar 20. PubMed PMID:23379603.
- Sanjay Singh. Nanomaterials as Non-viral siRNA Delivery Agents for Cancer Therapy. Bioimpacts. 3(1), (2013).
- RP Solanki, RK Goyal. Anticancer activity of acetone extract of quercusinfectoriaolivierfagaceae in 1,2dimethylhydrazine induced colon cancer. Int J Cancer Res. 2, 1-7, (2013).
- P Chawla, K Kulkarni, RK Goyal, C Pamnani, M Nandave. Comorbid conditions warrants antibiotic dosage adjustment in renal failure. Ind J Hosp Pharm. 49, 3-6, (2013).
- H Vaidya, RK Goyal, SK Cheema. Antidiabetic activity of swertiamarin is due to an active metabolite gentianine that upregulates PPAR-γ gene expression in 3T3-L1 cell lines. Phytother Res. 27, 624-27, (2013).
- Ritesh K Shukla. Occupational Exposure of Nanoparticles in Forensic Science: A Need of Safe Use. International Journal of Forensic Science & Pathology, 1: 3, 1-6 (2013).
- Bentsen IB, Nielsen I, Lisby M, Nielsen HB, Sengupta S, Mundbjerg K, Andersen AH, Bjergbaek L. (2013) MRX protects fork integrity at protein-DNA barriers, and its absence causes checkpoint activation dependent on chromatin context. Nucleic Acids Res.; 41(5):3173-89.
- Vyom Sharma, Ashutosh Kumar, AlokDhawan, Nanomaterials: Exposure, Effects and Toxicity Assessment. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. 82, 3–11, 2012.
- Vyom Sharma, Diana Anderson and AlokDhawan. Zinc oxide nanoparticles induce oxidative DNA damage and ROS-triggered mitochondria mediated apoptosis in human liver cells (HepG2). Apoptosis, 17(8):852-70, 2012.
- D Gurbani, V Kukshal, J Laubenthal, A Kumar, A Pandey, S Tripathi, A Arora, SK Jain, R Ramachandran, D Anderson, A Dhawan, Mechanism of inhibition of the ATPase domain of human topoisomerase IIα by 1,4-benzoquinone, 1,2-naphthoquinone, 1,4-naphthoquinone, and 9,10-phenanthroquinone. Toxicol Sci. 126(2):372-90, 2012.
- A Collins, D Anderson, E Coskun, AlokDhawan, M Dusinska, G Koppen, M Kruszewski, M Moretti, E Rojas, G Speit, M Valverde and S Bonassi. Launch of the ComNet (comet network) project on the comet assay in human population studies during the International Comet Assay Workshop meeting in Kusadasi, Turkey (September 13-16, 2011). Mutagenesis. 27(4):385-6, 2012.
- Ashutosh Kumar and AlokDhawan. Nanobiotechnology and the Environment. BT Chronicle (Official magazine of Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission, Department of Science & Technology, Govt Of Gujarat),8(3):6-9, 2012.
Your browser is out-of-date!
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser.Update my browser now!