Chiasma is an annual technical festival conducted by the Biological and Life Sciences students of Ahmedabad University. As a part of CHIASMA 2017, four workshops were conducted for bachelors as well as masters students in the field of microscopy, bioinformatics, molecular biology and nanotechnology. More than 150 students participated in the technical workshops and were extremely happy with the quality and content given to them. The objective behind conducting Chiasma is to connect the students to state of the art laboratories. The idea is to give other students from all over the country a chance to grab the same opportunities as the students of our Biological and Life Sciences at Ahmedabad University.
Inspired by the overwhelming response and feedback of students from all over the state we have come back with CHIASMA 2018, a bigger and better platform for you to learn and engage, and a great opportunity to showcase your talent. We welcome you to the arena of decoding lives…. playing with your genes, filtering out your proteins, magnifying your lens to infinity and pressing the keys for sequencing your identity. Make sure to step in and get some hands-on experiences!!
CHIASMA 2018 has even better workshops and competitions. There is a new addition to the workshops; “Chromosomes never lie!” We promise that all the workshops this time will be more hands-on and will incorporate deeper and wider learning.
The Workshops include:
- Biology through a lens
- Chromosomes never lie
- Decoding life
- Bio-molecules on fingertips
The Competitions include:
- Start-up ideas – Bring out the entrepreneur in you
- Poster Presentation – Scientific World, Cutting Edge Research, and Incisive Critics
- Lab Marathon – Hand to Instruments
- Technical Quiz – Think, Pause, Bounce and Compete!
- Scientific Writing – Voice of your opinions
- Sci-toon – Sketch, Draw and Design!
- Life Science Photography – Portraying vision to visual
Along with these events, there will also be some cultural events for the enjoyment of the participants. To know more, please refer to the Google form on the website.
NOTE: Please read the details and instructions carefully before filling the regsitration form
- Workshop Dates: 18-20 January 2018
- Workshop Timings: 10:00AM to 5:30 PM
- Registration Deadline: 15 January 2018
|Number of Workshops||Fee|
|Sr. No||Event||Registration Fee|
|2||Quiz Preliminary (Team)||500/-|
|3||Quiz Final (Team)||NA|
|4||Life Science Photography||100/-|
|7||Lab Marathon (Team)||1000/-|
*All entries are on a first-come, first-served basis
* In case of queries contact Harsh Dave (+917043732907) or Manav Shah (+918160509749)