To foster critical discourses on the broader domain of heritage, and to promote a holistic heritage management approach as a guidance for sustainable and just social development.
- To offer academic programmes and prepare heritage management professionals to serve diverse sectors of heritage,
- To promote interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research on understanding heritage issues, as well as contextual and creative heritage management approaches,
- To facilitate communities and organizations on various aspects of heritage management through capacity building programmes or consulting projects or outreach activities,
- To provide platforms of sharing research and experiences on heritage management, such as Journals, Conferences, and other occasional events and publications, as well as hosting global initiatives on heritage management related themes to facilitate international networking and joint efforts.
- To sensitize various quarters of society about heritage and the need of contextual management, and contribute towards sensitive policy formulation.