Tana Trivedi is a lecturer of English Literature and Communication at Ahmedabad University, Gujarat, India since May 2015. A graduate and postgraduate in English Literature from St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad, she completed her M.Litt. in Postcolonial Diaspora from University of Stirling, UK. In additon to this, she also holds a Dipoloma in Human Resources Management from Ahmedabad Management Association. She has worked as full-time faculty with Department of English and Media Studies, Christ University, Bangalore, where she taught at Undergraduate and Postgraduate for five years. She has also taught part time at St. Joseph's College, Bangalore, and the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. She has designed and taught courses such as Diaspora Studies, Gender Studies, Postcolonial Studies, British Literature, World Literature and Indian Writing in English. She also specializes in designing and delivering courses in Communication Skills and Spoken Business Communication. Her research interests are in the areas of Diaspora, Postcolonial Studies, and Gender Studies. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. from Christ University, Bangalore, her topic of research is Indo-Fijian Diasporic Poetry.
Tana Trivedi is currently pursuing her Ph.D. from Christ University, Bangalore.
- Published two textbooks – Mindscapes I and II for the undergraduate students of Christ University (2010-2012) with Macmillan Publications, Bangalore.
- Trivedi, Tana, “The Dance of Displacement: The Case of Indian and African Migrants in the Caribbean,” GNOSIS, Vol 2, Oct. 2015, 65-74.
Full Time Teaching Experience-
Christ University, Bangalore (May 2007- May 2012)
Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the English Program (Department of English and Communication)
- Primary responsibility included teaching Communication and English Literature and Language to the BA, MA and MPhil students. This included teaching certain core/specialized papers such as British Literature, Literary theory and Philosophy, Gender Studies, Postcolonial Diaspora Studies, as well as General English papers like Communication Skills (verbal and non-verbal) and Grammar.
- Organizing Committee member for National Seminar ‘Reading Indias’, February 2012, (Department of English and Media Studies, Christ University.
- Organizing Committee member for the National Symposium on ‘Thinking Subjectivities’, February 2011 (Department of English and Media Studies, Christ University)
- Organizing Committee member for an International Seminar on ‘Media as a Reflection of Society’, February 2009 (Department of English and Media Studies, Christ University)
The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (April 2006- February 2007, November 2014- June 2015)
Academic Associate, Communications Area
- Assisted the faculty in the Communications Area with the development of course material, reviewing assignments and conducting feedback sessions.
- Designed and conducted workshops in soft skills training and business communication for the participants of the Diploma for the Armed Forces Personnel.
Study Overseas Ltd. (UK) (April 2003–June2004)
- Worked as an education counselor, counseling and assisting students in choosing the right course and University for higher studies in the UK. Also, worked very closely with the British Council and Library to support their work in India.
Part-Time Teaching Assignments
- Visiting faculty at IIM-Lucknow for 3 years (2010-13); where I conducted comprehensive annual seminars on ‘Understanding Capitalism’ to the students doing their PGP course.
- Visiting faculty at The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; where I taught a module of Literature at the UG Humanities Course, aimed at connecting the two disciplines – Science and Humanities (January-April 2013).
CONSULTANCY AND TEACHING ASSIGNMENTS
- English Language and Communication Skills consultant with Big Basket, Ahmedabad (Innovative Retail Concepts Private Ltd.)
- Content developer for WILCO publications – Mumbai; I developed content for Children’s Classics. It included abridging from the original and developing illustrations for the same (2010).
- Online educational consultant and curriculum developer for Practutor Education Ahmedabad (2014-15)
- Trivedi, T. “Sudesh Mishra’s ‘Un-homely’ poetry: The Case of Indians in Fiji”, 33 rd Annual Symposium of Borders and Mobility, University of Hawaii, April 7, 2016. (Skype Presentation)
Trivedi, T. “The Sacral Diaspora- A Study of Indo-Fijian Literature”, Grappling with the Sacred, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences Academic Conference 2016, IIT Chennai, January 21-24, 2016.