Ph.D. Sociology, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, 2015
M.Phil. Sociology, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, 2009
M.A. Sociology, Christ University/ Bangalore University, 2007
( U.G.C. NET 2008)
B.A. Sociology, University of Calicut, Calicut, 2005
Anthropology of Intangible Heritage, Ethnographic Research Method, Sociological theory, Secularism and Lived Religion in South Asia
- “Managing Syncretic Cultural Heritage and Local Economy: Undertaking, Challenges and New Strategies” in International Conference on Heritage Management Education and Practices held at Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad from 28th to 31st July 2017.
- “Piety and the Civic: The Ideology of the Solidarity Youth Movement in Kerala”, in Religion, Secularity and Law Conference held at IIT Kanpur on 15th 16 October, 2015.
- “Researcher and Research Paradigms: A Reflexive Account” in Qualitative Research: Theory and Practice Conference held at IIT Kanpur on 16th November, 2013.
- “Religion, Civil Society and the State: Solidarity Youth Movement” in Ethnography and Social Identities in TISS - University of Edinburgh Collaboration (UKIERI) held at TISS, Mumbai on 30th April 2012.
- “Understanding Modernities and Islamic Formation among Mappila Muslims: The Decline of Kondotti Nercha” in Negotiating and Accommodating Religious Identity in Public Arena held at J.M.I, New Delhi on 12th February, 2010.
Researcher, Heritage Walk Project, TCGL 2015-2017, Ahmedabad University
Researcher and Trainer, EU funded Cultural Heritage and Venture Lab Project, AU
- “Piety and the Civic: The Solidarity Youth Movement and Islamism in Kerala, South India” in Religion and Secularities: Reconfigurations of Islam in Contemporary India edited by Anindita Chakrabarti and Sudha Sitharaman (forthcoming with Orient Blackswan)
- “Understanding Modernities and Islamic Formation Among Mappila Muslims: The Decline of Kondotti Nercha” in Conference Proceedings Negotiating and Accommodating Religious Identity in Public Arena.J.M.I, 2010. New Delhi
- Social/Ethnographic Skills
- Anthropology of Heritage
- Social Research Methods
- Introduction to Sociology
- Introduction to Heritage management (developed with Professor Neel Kamal Chapagain)
- Sociology of Bazaar (ISP course co-taught with Professor Abrar Ali Saiyed)
New Courses (Winter Semester 2017)
- Social Transformations in India (developed with Professor Ruchi Tiwari)
- Indigenous Knowledge System Management (co-teaching with Dr. Sushma Iyengar et al.)
- Sociology of Contemporary India
- Assistant Editor of the Journal of Heritage Management, Sage publications/Ahmedabad University
- Scientific Committee Member of the Annual International Conference on Heritage Management Education and Practice, Ahmedabad University
- Life Member, Indian Sociological Association
Your browser is out-of-date!
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser.Update my browser now!