Your browser is out-of-date!
For a richer surfing experience on our website, please update your browser.Update my browser now!
Prof. Nimit Thaker is a Lecturer in the Finance, Account and Control Area at the Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University. He has over 12 years of experience in Academics and Industry. He has been associated with Ahmedabad University since 2009 and has taught course on Business Ethics, Taxation, Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Laws and Management to the BBA, Integrated MBA, B. Com and B. Tech Programme. Prior to joining Ahmedabad University, he was associated with GLS Institute of Commerce and Girls Polytechnic Ahmedabad as a Visiting Lecturer for Management and Law. His research interests are Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility, Direct Taxes, Indirect Taxes, Business Laws and Business Ethics. He has also presented paper at various National and International Conferences. He has also written cases on subjects of Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility and Fundamental Rights which are presented at International Conferences and registered with case units like The Case Center- ECCH and ET Cases.
Prof. Nimit Thaker also possesses an industry experience of about 5 years. Before entering academics he was working with a firm of Charatered Accountants as the Head of Audit and Income Tax Division. He was involved in designing and execution of audit plans for several widely held as well as closely held companies, partnership units and other business entities. He was also involved in the tax planning assignments for individual and corporate clients. He had also handled assignments of Internal Audits, Legal drafting and conveyancing for various small and large entities.
- Thomas, S. and Thaker, N. (2014), “A study on Examination of Financial Performance of Environment Friendly Green Companies from CSR perspective”, 5th GTU Conference on “Role of Financial Industry in Accelerating Economic Growth”, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad, September 26-27.
- Thaker, N. (2014), "Audit Committee: A case of Lost Independence?", 2nd International Conference on "Corporate Governance: Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Indian Economic Environment", Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad, March 07-08
- Thaker, N. (2014), "Understanding the awareness of voting rights amongst Youth of Ahmedabad", 1st National Conference on "Participatory Democracy and Good Governance", Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, January, 12-13
- Thaker, N. (2010), “Understanding the facilitation provided for mergers and acquisitions in India by existing regulations”, 1st National Seminar on "Law Impact Assessment", Nirma University, Ahmedabad, January, 08-09
- Thaker, N (2009), "Micro Insurance: A Tool to Financial Inclusion", 2nd International Conference on "Micro Finance", School of Management, Department of Commerce, Pondicherry University
- Thaker, N and Desai, N, " How easy is the access to Information? A study on Right to Information Act, 2005" (Paper in Progress)
- Thaker, N, "A study on the Right of Privacy under Indian Constitution" (Paper in progress)
- Saxena, S. & Thaker, N. (2017) Management lessons not learnt from the visit to Mausar: A perspective on rathyatra Ahmedabad. Presented at IIM Raipur.
- Thaker, N. (2017) Vacation Plans: Camouflaging Failures published with The Case Center- EECH
- Thaker, N. (2017) Justice in Waiting registered with ET Cases (Under Review)
- Thaker, N. (2017) Vacation Plans: Camouflaging Failures (Teaching Note) Published The Case Center- EECH
- Thaker, N. (2017) Justice in Waiting (Teaching Note) registered with ET Cases (Under Review)
Prof. Nimit Thaker has a teaching experience of more than 8 years. He has taught the following courses, both at Under-graduate as well as Post-graduate levels:-
- Business Ethics
- Business Laws
- Elements of Law
- Indirect Taxes
- Establishing and Growing Ventures
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Indian Constitution