A UGC fellow in 2003 and an academician hence, Ekta Sharma has been engaged in post-graduate teaching and research activities. She earned her doctorate from University of Rajasthan in 2005 with the honouring of her thesis titled, "Corporatization of Hospitals: Entrepreneurial Behaviour,Service Dimensions- A Case Study Approach".
Dr. Sharma has presented research papers in reputed National and International Conferences and has over thirty publications in peer-reviewed, indexed journals published out of India and abroad.
She’s an author of a book titled, Human Resource Management- A Strategic Approach, to be published by Pearson Education.
Her research interest has aligned her to journals as a reviewer, to the Thesis Advisory Committee of Ahmedabad University and to AMET University, Chennai as an external Ph.D. guide.
Dr. Sharma is the recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Research award in 2015.
Her area of academic interest is Human Resource and Organizational Behaviour
- Institution Building in Higher Education: IIMK& AU Experiences. The Indian Journal Of Industrial Relations.52(2),October 2016. Pp.192.(Co-authored)
- Stress:Indefensible syndrome of defensive Lawyers.Indian Journal of Training and Development.46(1), January-March,2016.pp.23-37
- Engaging Employee Perception for effective corporate social responsibility: Role of human resource professionals. Global Business Review (Accepted for Publication in May 2018)
- An Investigation into the Expectations of the Recruiters and the Preparedness of the Management Graduates for Effective On-Job Performance. The IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Vol. X, No. 1, March, 2016, pp 1-10 (Co-authored)
- Work Life Balance Index of Indian Professions: Food for thought for policy formulators (2015). Journal of Basic and Applied Research International.Vol 15. Issue 3.
- Mapping Personality to Enhance Personal Effectiveness.(2015) Prabandhan:Indian Journal of Management. Vol.8, No.12. 44-55. ISSN:0975-2854.
- Role of Human Resource Department In Augmenting CSR Practices In Family Run Businesses In India: A Case Study Approach (2015).Review of Human Resource Management. Vol.4 No. 1 ISSN 2249-4650 (Co-authored)
- Creativity Assessment of Students Pursuing Higher Education (2015). International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. Vol 2.May 2015. (Print) ISSN 2201-1315---(Online) ISSN 2201-1323
- Role of Higher Education Institutions towards developing the Human Capital of the world through competency mapping (2015). Journal of Business Economics and Management Sciences Vol. 2(1), pp.1-9, February 2015.
- Employee Perception towards Talent Management practices (2015). European Journal of Research in Social Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2015 . pg.99-108 . ISSN 2056-5429
- Stressors: A Challenge for the Faculty Members of the Higher Educational Institutions (2014). Case Studies in Business and Management, Dec,2014, Vol. 1, No. 2 pp no. 22-33. ISSN 2333-3324
- Developing Entrepreneurial Instincts Among Students:Preventive and Curative Measure against Unemployment (2014). IMS MANTHAN- The Journal of Innovations Volume IX, Issue 1, June 2014. ISSN: 0976-1713
- Generation Gap In Family Business Comparison of Entrepreneurial traits of first and Second Generation Entrepreneurs (2013). BEST: International Journal of Humanities, Arts, Medicine and Sciences (BEST : IJHAMS). Vol. 1, Issue 1 .07-13. ISSN 2348-0521
- Empirical study of employee perception regarding knowledge management in India (2013). Pezzottaite Journals.Pp. 12-18, Vol 2, No.3. ISSN(O): 2279-0926; ISSN (P): 2279-0918
- Personality Mapping –a tool to analyse achievement orientation(2013).i Business, Volume 5, Issue 2 (June 2013), Pp. 59-64 ISSN NO.2150-4075 PRINT; ISSN -2150-4083
- Perception of Human Resource professionals towards Human resource audit (2013). 'The International Journal's Research Journal Of Social Science And Management' VOL.3 NO.1 2013.01 MAY 2013, Pp.no.40-48 (ISSN -2251-1571.)
- Impact of positive psychology at work place-self wellbeing and experiences at workplace Indian Journal Of Health And Wellbeing. March 2013, volume 4(ISSUE 1) , pp. no.80-82.(ISSN N0-2229-5356)
- Personality Mapping: Wand to ensure organizational Performance (2014).Journal of Business theory and Practice. Feb 2014.Vol.2,No.1, 2014. Pp. 13-27. ISSN 2329-2644
- Stress audit: A tool to attain Work Life Balance (2013).International Journal of Psychology and Sociology. European Journal of Commerce and Management research , volume2 issue 6,June 2013, pp. no. 98-103( ISSN-print-2051-8080;ISSN NP.2051-8099).
- Determinants of cross-cultural adjustment among expatriate employees: The role of personality (2012).Global Disclosure of Economics and Business, Volume 1, Number 1/2012.Pp. 31-43. (ISSN 2305-9168)
- HR Issues And Intervention Model For Family Business(2012).International journal of business economics and management research. Vol.2 Issue 12, DEC 2012 .ZIJBEMR, pp. 288-297. ISSN ONLINE-2231-5780.
- Change in the Job Choice: A Matter of Dissonance (2012).International Journal of Applied Research & Studies. Vol 3,Jun-Aug 2012. (ISSN 2278-9480).
- Motivating Factors For Job Choice: Tool To Acquire & Retain Talent In The Organization (2012). International Journal of Applied Human Resource Management. Vol 2(2). June 2012. pp. 108-119.ISSN1742-2604
- Employee counselling clinics (2012). International Journal of Human development & management sciences. vol-1, no-1-2, pp. 23-33.Jan-Dec 2012.ISSN 2250-8714
- Personality mapping: tool to understand interpersonal need and enhance performance (2011). South Asian Journal of mgmt research. SAJMR VOL 1 NUMBER 1, Jan 2011, pp. 21 (ISSN-0974-763X.)
- Mapping motivational orientation (2011). International journal of research in commerce & mgmt. vol 1.8 Dec 2011 pp. 110-117.ISSN 09972183
- Personality mapping- guide to stress mgmt. (2011). Indian journal of health & well being. pp.126-134.(ISSN N0-2229-5356)
- Interpersonal needs usher to the profession (2011). Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, vol 37 .Special Issue. pp.86-91.(ISSN:0019-4247).
- Entrepreneurial Drive among Indian Women: An empirical Study (2010). Abhigyan. Volume 28 no.3, pp.-47-58;(ISSN:0970-2385).
- Global adjustment perspective of Indian Professional (2011). Global business review. Volume 12 number 1. February 2011, pp.87-98, (ISSN PRINT:0972-1509 ; ONLINE ISSN:0973-0664).
- Role Stress amongst Doctors (2005). Journal of health management.Volume 7 number 1, pp.151-156. (print ISSN:0972-0634; ONLINE ISSN:0973-0729)
April 2001 to May 2002 - One year teaching experience at Indian International Institute of Management, Jaipur
June 2004 to present working with Amrut Mody School Of Management(AMSOM), Ahmedabad University) as Asst.Professor - HR & OB.
Human Resource Managment
Strategic Human Resource Management
Doctoral Program Affiliation
- External Ph.D Guide, AMET University.Chennai
- External thesis Reviewer, SPM, PDPU.
- Member of Thesis Advisory Committee, Ahmedabad University
- External Expert For RDC, BK School of Business Management, Gujarat University
Editorial board Member and Reviewer
- The International Journal Of Social Sciences(TIJOSS)- ISSN 2305-4557
- Global disclosure of Economics and Business. Publish by ABC.(Asian Business Consortium) ISSN:0973-0664.
- Journal of Business and Sustainability. ISSN NO: 1833-3850, PRINT ; ISSN:1833-8119.
- Journal Of Business Theory And Practice.
- International Journal Of Business Performance Management. (IJBPM)- ISSN online: 1741-5039 ;ISSN print: 1368-4892
- Business And Management Horizon ISSN-2326-0297.
- International Journal For Management
- Member Of Editorial Board Of MERC Global’s International Journal Of Management.
- Associate Editor “International Journal Of Organisation Behaviour And Management Perspectives”
- Editor,ibusiness. Editorial Board Member, Journal of Business Economics and Management sciences
- Editorial Board Member, E Chronicle Business Management
- Talent Management magazine Human Capital Executive Research Board member
- Global Scholar Journal of Mgmt and Public Administration- Editorial Board Member
- Mendley- Advisor
Membership to other organization
- Member of International Society for Development and Sustainability, Japan
- Honorary member of International Conference Committee, by World academy of science engineering and technology, Singapore.
- Academic Member. Athens Institute for Education and Research, Greece. (Psychology and research member unit)
- Lead Researcher-India. High potential Psychology, UK.