Dr. Amrita Bihani has been working as a Faculty since 2010 at Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University. Her research interests include areas of Talent management, Employee Engagement, and Change Management. Her Ph.D. from CEPT University widened her research horizon. She had completed her minor thesis titled ‘A Study of Acceptance of Social Media as a Tool towards Recruitment’ and later completed her major thesis titled as 'A Study of Talent Management Practices in the Pharmaceutical Sector in India' in April, 2018 from CEPT University. She already has 1 national and couple of international publications to her research background.
Her career which spans over 15 years now, has a mix of both corporate exposure as well as academics. Soon after her PGDBM, she started working with ICICI Bank and later on moved on to TATA-AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd. and then to HDFC Bank. Having had six years of corporate association in the Financial Sector where she started as a Relationship Officer to Home Loan clients and in the due course of six years progressed to that of the Team Manager where she led a team of young managers, handling customer investment portfolios, private equity investments and other financial products.
With a keen interest in academics, she started teaching Strategic Human Resources Management at a private University in Ahmedabad, alongwith her corporate role at HDFC Bank. This triggered further interest in the field of academics, and she thus plunged into the opportunity of becoming a lecturer the newly constituted Ahmedabad University in the year 2010. Her Alma mater B. K. Majumdar Institute of Business Administration, also known as HLBBA at that point in time, was where she started her academic career. She started teaching courses like Identity and Behavior, Organizational Processes, Organization Behavior, Human Resources Management, Strategic HRM, International HRM, Organization Development, Social Change Management and Human Resource Development.
Her key strength has been her capacity to bring in practical examples from her own corporate experience to the class, communication skills and an effective team member at the workplace. At present she ably is shouldering the responsibility of chairing the iMBA (Integrated MBA) Programme at the University. Her corporate exposure also makes a good team member, an efficient manager and a good administrator.
- Working on “An Empirical study on Constructive Factors (Employee Engagement and Organizational Commitment) Impacting Employer Branding in the Pharmaceutical Sector”
- Working on "An Empirical study of Perception of Talent Management Practices & Employee Engagement levels among the employees in the Pharmaceutical Sector in India"
- Stress Coping Mechanisms of Working Women in Mid-life
- Empirical Study of leadership skills among students pursuing a course in entrepreneurship
- Currently a Ph.D. Scholar at the CEPT University. My Major topic of research is “A Study of Talent Management Practices in the Pharmaceutical Sector of India”, while the Minor topic of research was “A study of acceptance of Social Media as a tool towards Recruitment”.
- Have written a Research Paper on “Synthesizing Talent Management Practices – A Road towards Competitive Advantage” in the 2nd National Conference at AMSOM on Managing for Tomorrow: Issues and Challenges. The paper has been published in the e-proceedings of the conference with the ISBN: 978-81-922983-2-0
- Have attended and presented a paper of “An Enquiry into Employee Engagement and its Organization Practices in the Banking Sector” at NICOM-2013 in January 2013. The paper was published in their journal with an ISBN: 978-93-5097-411-7
- My paper on “Review of Social Media as a Recruitment Tool” has been presented in absentia at the Goal International Conference and has been published in the International Journal of Business Management and Social Sciences in June 2013 with ISSN: 2249-7463
- A paper on “A Review into Talent Management, Talent Retention and Its Scope for Learning Organizations” has been presented at the K. J. Somaiya International Conference for Learning Organizations in January 2014. It was then published in the International Journal of Knowledge Management and Practices in February 2014 with ISSN: 2320-7523
- “Leadership Development in Practice: A Review of Common Practices, their Fallacies and Means to Overcome Gaps” was published as a chapter in the Book – Business Excellence and Leadership: Transforming HR for Enhanced Organizational Capability in 2015 at NICOM-2015.
- A paper on “Service Quality Measurement in Unorganized Retail Stores: Implications for Marketing Strategies using SERVQUAL and RSQS” was published in the ICMC Book at January 2016 by MICA during the International Conference of Management and Communications.
- “An Empirical study on Decision Making Styles among Students pursuing interest in Sustained Family Businesses” was published in Siddhant – A Journal of Decision Making, in their March 2016 edition.
- Strategic Human Resrouces Management was a specialization subject delivered to the PGDBM students in their fourth semester
- Courses taught at Ahmedabad University
- Behavioral Skills
- Organizaotin Behavior
- Human Resources Management
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- International Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Development
- Organization Development
- Strategic Management
- Fundamentals of Management
- Social Change Management
1. Worked with HDFC Bank Ltd as an Investment Banker – Private Banking & Equities Group from July 2009 to Jan. 2010.
- Handled a clientele of HNIs with a net worth of 50 lakhs and above for the Bank
- Responsible for managing current portfolios, churning them as well as have proper asset allocation done at the requisite time intervals; keeping in mind the client requirements
- To generate revenues for the Bank through Advisory Services as well as sales of Investment Products which would comprise of Mutual Funds, Life & General Insurance, Trading Platform, Private Equities and PMS
2. Worked with ING Vysya Bank as a Relationship Manager - Wealth Management from Sept. 2008 to July 2009.
- Responsible for generating revenue for the Bank through sales of Mutual Fund and Life Insurance
- Coordinating with different AMCs for an update on the various products available in the market so as to update ourselves on the market trends
- Managing the portfolio of HNI customers already associated with the Bank.
3. Worked with TATA-AIG General Insurance Company as a Retention Manager from Feb 2006 to September 2008.
- Managing Retention portfolio for Products in Auto, Accident & Health and Home insurance
- Managing a team of young executives to control business sourcing while also monitoring their performance on a day-to-day basis
- Training sales executives on a regular basis on product knowledge, sales skills, and convincing skills.
4. Worked with ICICI Home Finance Company as a Relationship Officer April 2004 to Feb 2006.
- Handling a team of sales executives and monitoring them and their performance on a daily basis
- Coordinating with the Credit Manager for timely completion of files in order to maintain the set Turnaround Time by the company
- Coordinating with the outsourced agencies for completion of the required processes, again to maintain the turnaround time