Dr Sanjay Chaudhary and Dr Mehul Raval reveived funding from DST received for a project on 'Developing Data Analytics Architecture'
1. Title: Developing Data Analytics Architecture Applications in Agriculture
2. Principal Investigator: Dr Sanjay Chaudhary
3. Co-Investigator: Dr Mehul Raval
4. Funding Organization: Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, (NRDMS - NSDI)
5. Funding Amount: Rs. 27.51 lacs
6. Duration: Two years, June 2017 to May 2019
7. Project Summary: Geo-spatial data is very important to develop flexible and versatile functions and applications, for developing multidisciplinary applications, helping in planning, managing and utilizing natural resources efficiently using spatial analysis. We need common standards for data integration and effective analytical infrastructure and we aim to use OGC standards for big data processing of spatial data. The core scientific and technological objectives are:
Development of big data integration and analytics platform built on open-source architecture for the enrichment of large data sets including geospatial databases. Agriculture will be used as the domain to realize various aspects of the proposed architecture.
Integration with already developed and deployed Decision Support Systems and Spatial Decision Support Systems for an application domain.
Indexing, querying, analyzing, and visualizing Geo-spatial data at scale using open source.
To connect structured and unstructured data in real-time or batch processing for data management and analytics of systems for decision making in the operational environment, e.g applications like agro advisory system should be able to process event streams in a real-time, extract relevant information and identify values that do not follow the general trends.
Develop and implement a distributed algorithm(s) to store and process geospatial data.
Implement advanced data structures to store and process geo-spatial data in an efficient manner.